• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news (02/22) - Etrian Oddysey IV 3DS (July 5th), Persona 4 Vita (June 14th)

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
First the 999 sequel gets a localization announcement, now Etrian Odyssey IV is announced (which I expect to get a US release as well). Today has been a good day.

Tomorrow could be even better if other announcements are made on the Nintendo Direct videos.

First the 999 sequel gets a localization announcement, now Etrian Odyssey IV is announced (which I expect to get a US release as well). Today has been a good day.

Tomorrow could be even better if other announcements are made on the Nintendo Direct videos.

I dunno if GAF is going to make it at the rate stuff is being dropped tonight, if Nintendo Direct turns into a megaton like some people think it may then take cover now

MooMoo

I'll probably buy this, even though I never managed to finish EO2 and EO3 (I got to the last stratum in each though!).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I hope Atlus announces P5 soon. It's been too long without a new Persona.

7329Y for a fucking PS2 port.

What does Atlus think they are, Square?
They know they have a loyal fanbase that will buy it regardless of price.

BTW, is the first game at all worth going back to after playing II and III? I 100%d III in every way possible and also went through Dark Spire and Strange Journey (and enjoyed them) for my EO fix, so I've been considering trying to pick up the original.

Sure. A lot of EO fans consider the second game to be the weakest.

Atlus you magnificent fuckers, you just sold a 3DS for Nintendo!

ShineALight said:
EO4 has been in development, or at least planned, since before the 3DS came out, I think. I remember hearing about it quite a while ago. I'm glad it's nearing completion enough to start getting talked about. Here's hoping we see it in the west before year's end! Rune Factory 4 too, I could use some meaty RPGs like those for the system.

Yeah, it's nice to see one of those dozens of "Yah, we got X classic RPG franchise in the works for this new handheld these guys are putting out" press releases back last year came true.

Oh God, I just googled who this Yamamoto guy was. What a track record! HYPE INSTALL. SO GORGEOUS.

It's my first place. Not as raw as the first, not as easily broken as the third. Best OST of the three too.

DGRE

Banned
I hated this game when I tried to play it. It was boring and tedious with archaic game design and no real story or special features to push the game along.

Then I hated the sequel and the next game too. I look forward to hating this one as well all the way to the end.

You don't have to like dungeon crawlers...quit wasting your money!

Spiegel

Thinking again, if Persona 4 the Golden is comparable to Persona 3 Fes, we actually got a nice deal.

FES was 8190Y

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aw shit, now I'm tempted to turn this Famitsu thread into a semi-Yuzo Koshiro appreciation thread again. :lol

<3 Yuzo. One of my favourite composers of the forever.

I dunno how other people feel, but EO3 happened to be my favourite soundtrack out of the three. Also the Super Arrange for all of the soundtracks are amazing~

SecretMoblin said:
Vrai. 1 and 3 are better.

scy

It's my first place. Not as raw as the first, not as easily broken as the third. Best OST of the three too.

I dunno, Revenge and Riot Gun|1st Turn + Dominate were pretty broken. Arguably more so than EO3. EO3 did a better job of balancing player party across the board, though, so there's that.

But I min/maxed EO2 to the ground and didn't do much for EO3 besides figure out some of the changed things. I'm kind of lazy now so I hope EO4 just adjusts EO3's formulas rather than create new ones like they did from 2 to 3 :|

...probably a useless pipe dream.

Boogiepop

I still need to go back and beat
Ur Child
in II. Got to it but there's just no way you can brute force it.

Also, III had the insanity of getting that damn last squid or whatever. I think that's the only time I literally sat down, gathered up what little info existed on the rules of the thing, and then determined the rest of them on my own in order to create my own little personal miniguide to getting it. Thing was RARE.

Is it weird to not care much for EO series, but still enjoy the Wizardry and 7th Dragon games?
I should like EO, but for some reason, I just couldn't get into 1 or 2.

scy

I still need to go back and beat
Ur Child
in II. Got to it but there's just no way you can brute force it.

Depends on what you mean by brute force it, I suppose. There's little tricks for the fight (Bait/Magibait duo or trio) or to just outright burn the fight down (Dominate use, Painless spam).

To prove a point, I did the fight as a ~Level 50 assorted garbage group of BLTMA to the fight. I eventually caved to a Revenge Hexer over Alchemist to make it not take all of my sanity to do it but it's doable with even a pretty terrible team. Really, a Protector + 4 others can do the fight eventually. Predictable pattern and the only iffy part is
handling Begone; either Painless through it or Provoke the turn before to get End-Wind instead

sphinx

the piano man
MEGATON for me... etrian oddysey 4, OMG, this is the best thread this whole fucking year ever, thank you topic creator.

ETRIAN FUCKING ODDYSEY 4

now, I just need to know whether US or EU will get it, my money is there.

Takao

Banned
I'm not defending it, I just don't understand the surprise.

If it was a new game I could understand the price point. But it's a PS2 port going at prices higher than that of new release games. Atlus isn't NIS niche, but they aren't mainstream like Square so it's just bizarre.

Top Bottom