• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 confirmed?

UPDATE: famousmortimer: "I do know for a fact that there is an Uncharted 4."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST09CN-dnw8

1:58:00

He says: "I do know for a fact that there is an Uncharted 4."

So i saw this link on some gaming forum.. Might be fake, because i never heard of this site. So take it with a grain of salt.

http://eskimopress.com/articles/games/item/427-savage-starlight-is-not-naughty-dog-s-next-game
The next Naughty Dog game is definitely not Savage Starlight, and might have nothing to do with space, at all. Our sources are still confident that the next major release is Uncharted 4.

Despite the recent talks about the upcoming space adventure from Naughty Dog, our contact is confident to confirm that the next game to be revealed by Naughty Dog is not Savage Starlight. Earlier last month our source confirmed to us Naughty Dog would definitely reveal their next game at the next Spike TV event, which we, of course, assumed would be the Video Game Awards of 2013 -- but we've all heard of another event upcoming on the 14th which is the the PlayStation 4 launch special event. Several industry professionals, including Geoff Keighly, have since suggested at a big announcement from Naughty Dog at a special announcement from Naughty Dog at either event.

When confronted, our source confidentially confirmed that the next the title of the next Naughty Dog game is not Savage Starlight. When we asked whether the next game will actually take place in space, he replied, "Naughty Dogs interest in space is very new to me. I would only assume that Naughty Dog's second team is looking for inspiration for their second project".

EDIT: Thread title is misspelled

entremet

I was hoping they would be done with the Uncharted series. Oh well.

I like they're focus on creating IP each generation of consoles:

PS1: Crash
PS2: Jax and Daxter
PS3: Uncharted; TLOU

Mariolee

Good thing we heard this from eskimopress.com's mysterious contact or else this news would have been dubious at best.

Of course there's still gonna be an Uncharted 4.

Uncharted is a good game, and im sure once we start seeing pictures/whatever from it well all start getting hyped again, but i was wanting a new game..but i guess thats the second team

Darksol

Some people on here act as though Uncharted has been milked and turned to shit like Assassin's Creed. 3 may not have been the masterpiece that was 2, but it was still a really good game, even considering the rush they had to put on it. I'm all for more Uncharted.

Symphonia

Banned
I was looking forward to a new IP away from the Uncharted and TLOU universes. Don't get me wrong, each series is brilliant in it's own right, but PS4 is a new generation and needs a new generation of games to go with it.

Martian

Why Uncharted 4?

All I see is that it isnt the Space game. I'm not familiar with ND's current projects, but couldnt it be anything else? Even maybe another Uncharted for vita?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
famousmortimer mentioned in his yesterday's podcast that he knows that Unchardted 4 is in the making.

Samyy

I was looking forward to a new IP away from the Uncharted and TLOU universes. Don't get me wrong, each series is brilliant in it's own right, but PS4 is a new generation and needs a new generation of games to go with it.

This is a dumb business decisions considering Uncharted and TLOU are now big IPs for Sony.

I was hoping they would be done with the Uncharted series. Oh well.

I like they're focus on creating IP each generation of consoles:

PS1: Crash
PS2: Jax and Daxter
PS3: Uncharted; TLOU
They can still create new IPs and continue their franchises, best of both worlds.

I love Uncharted and its's going to be around 3 years since the last one if this is released in 2014.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Amy Henning is doing next.

Theecliff

Banned
We knew this yesterday from a reply on twitter from one of the devs - there was a whole thread on it. I wouldn't be surprised if this 'source' being used is basically that reply.

Mariolee

Why Uncharted 4?

All I see is that it isnt the Space game. I'm not familiar with ND's current projects, but couldnt it be anything else? Even maybe another Uncharted for vita?

It says right at the end of the first paragraph that their source thinks the next project is Uncharted 4.

lTM2NU2.png

If true.

Meh. Pulpy sci-fi adventure would be so much better.

Maybe they'll do something different like make it more adventure and less action this time at least.

Top Bottom