• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Bullshit extravagant weddings ruin everything

A small and very quick ceremony and a bitching party with food after is always the way to go and worth cancelling plans to attend!

Yup...and this is a huge wedding, 300+ guests or some crazy BS number. It's an all day thing starting with a wedding brunch or some nonsense.

The last wedding I attended had the right idea, it was at a winery, got married at 6:30, we ate right after and partied till 11, then back to her house for after party with family/close friends. There was like 50 people max.

Edit: DM is too old to remember who he roots for.

Why do you have to spread lies like that?!

He's not lying..

He really did flip

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yup...and this is a huge wedding, 300+ guests or some crazy BS number. It's an all day thing starting with a wedding brunch or some nonsense.

The last wedding I attended had the right idea, it was at a winery, got married at 6:30, we ate right after and partied till 11, then back to her house for after party with family/close friends. There was like 50 people max.

Edit: DM is too old to remember who he roots for.

That's exactly what my wedding is in a month except it starts at 730 and just has an open bar at the neighborhood golf clubhouse. I'm not even wearing a tux and we're having a friend officiate it.

It's literally going to be within a short 5 minute walk of our house too so the after party will be easy.

It's gonna be the best wedding ever!

That's exactly what my wedding is in a month except it starts at 730 and just has an open bar at the neighborhood golf clubhouse. I'm not even wearing a tux and we're having a friend officiate it.

It's literally going to be within a short 5 minute walk of our house too so the after party will be easy.

Congrats on marrying your one true love Leafa!

See that's awesome and should I ever get married It'd have to be something similar and simple,

So let's see

2017 Ravens
Bengals, Browns, Jags, Steelers, Raiders, Bears, Vikings, Dolphins, Titans, Packers, Texans, Lions, Steelers, Browns, Colts, Bengals

Now this is going to be tricky BUT not only can I do it, but we can do it!

WEDIDIT! = 8 characters
8 Ways To See 8-8 Happening:

1!
W: Bengals x2, Browns x2, Jags, Bears, Texans, Lions
L: Steelers x2, Raiders, Vikings, Dolphins, Titans, Packers, Colts

2!
W: Bengals x2, Browns x2, Steelers x2, Jags, Bears
L: Texans, Lions, Raiders, Vikings, Dolphins, Titans, Packers, Colts

3!
W: Bengals x2, Browns x2, Steelers x2, Colts, Bears
L: Texans, Lions, Raiders, Vikings, Dolphins, Titans, Packers, Jags

4!
W: Bengals x2, Browns x2, Steelers x2, Colts, Jags
L: Texans, Lions, Raiders, Vikings, Dolphins, Titans, Packers, Bears

5!
W: Bengals x2, Browns x2, Steelers x2, Texans, Lions
L: Jags, Bears, Raiders, Vikings, Dolphins, Titans, Packers, Colts

6!
W: Bengals x2, Browns x2, Steelers x2, Texans, Titans
L: Jags, Lions, Raiders, Vikings, Dolphins, Bears, Packers, Colts

7!
W: Bengals x2, Browns x2, Steelers x2, Titans, Lions
L: Texans, Bears, Raiders, Vikings, Dolphins, Jags, Packers, Colts

8!
W: Bengals x2, Browns x2, Steelers, Titans, Texans, Lions
L: Steelers, Jags, Raiders, Vikings, Dolphins, Bears, Packers, Colts

Hindl

Way too early. I need to see Wentz in the preseason, and a healthy roster.

Yeah obviously. Even if there are no injuries/Alshon suspension, there are so many things that can go wrong. But a quick look at the schedule shows 9-7/10-6 and competing for the wild card assuming the offseason goes well

BigAT

Your job as a #1 receiver is to be open whenever you're 1v1. That should always favor you.

Basically this.

The idea of a #1 receiver complaining about a defense using their safeties in coverage is kind of insane to me. Does he expect them to only play with 9 on defense or something? Just take your L and keep your mouth shut, you're embarrassing yourself.

yeah i'm back after 2 weeks vacation for making fun in a jokepost about people calling eurogamer biased.

mods should understand posts fist, before the're allowed to take action :/
but glad this is the NFL topic, where you can make the worst jokes without any problem

NFL topics on Neogaf: the only safe space where JCB and Trumpet supporter live in harmony side by side.

everyone hates the NFL schedule for their team?

People still care about 5" screens?

Phones are mostly good enough these days.

The things i care about are speed (unless you have a garbo phone pretty much all phones are fast these days) and battery life (which has not really improved much since the iPhone 4 came out). I like to have a slightly nicer camera but man we are probably at a point of diminishing returns.

Apple has a big enough base that they can people to upgrade on minor improvements and the camera but the other high end guys are getting killed because there is usually not a huge reason to upgrade. Going to catch up to Apple eventually too unless we get some new tech.

ever heard about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global Edition?
4000mAh battery. Snapdragon 625 (energy efficient, but still powerful). only Full HD display.
got 5 days battery life with moderate use
2 days with heavy use

bionic77

The screen. The screen on it. OMG. Watched HDR video. OMG.
People still care about 5" screens?

Phones are mostly good enough these days.

The things i care about are speed (unless you have a garbo phone pretty much all phones are fast these days) and battery life (which has not really improved much since the iPhone 4 came out). I like to have a slightly nicer camera but man we are probably at a point of diminishing returns.

Apple has a big enough base that they can people to upgrade on minor improvements and the camera but the other high end guys are getting killed because there is usually not a huge reason to upgrade. Going to catch up to Apple eventually too unless we get some new tech.

Yeah obviously. Even if there are no injuries/Alshon suspension, there are so many things that can go wrong. But a quick look at the schedule shows 9-7/10-6 and competing for the wild card assuming the offseason goes well

Eagles go 7-9 and in the offseason Lurie hires a cap expert to teach Howie how to manage the cap.

ShaneB

Maybe tomorrow!

I'm currently down a driver though so I'll be playing pretty much any course long :(

Was thinking of playing today but rainy weather yesterday means the course will again be pretty soggy. So I'll wait until tomorrow.

You can just play it safe off the tee and probably shoot just as well!

BigAT

Pretty good article on how terrible the 2013 draft was.

https://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/20/2013-nfl-draft-weird-strange-confounding

I already thought the extension the Rams signed him to was terrible, but I had no idea Tavon Austin has had just a single game with over 100 yards receiving in his career. How do you throw over $10M/year at that?

Lots of other interesting reflections in there. Oddly enough the
Lions (Kas will probably be too lazy to click this)
had one of the few good picks in the first round.

Who wants to be the head of officiating for the National Football League?

Was thinking of playing today but rainy weather yesterday means the course will again be pretty soggy. So I'll wait until tomorrow.

You can just play it safe off the tee and probably shoot just as well!

I hit my 5 wood MUCH better than I was hitting my driver anyway. I can Zach Johnson my way around to better scores!

Hindl

I already thought the extension the Rams signed him to was terrible, but I had no idea Tavon Austin has had just a single game with over 100 yards receiving in his career. How do you throw over $10M/year at that?

Eagles dodged such a fucking bullet. The Dolphins saved us from Chip drafting Dion Jordan. Lane's suspensions have been shitty but I think he finally figured it out, and he's one of the top RTs in the league when he's playing

Eagles go 7-9 and in the offseason Lurie hires a cap expert to teach Howie how to manage the cap.

Even with how bad the cap was this year, the Eagles were able to get the top FA WR, a WR to stretch the field, another DE to add to the rotation, and an up-and-coming DT who's frankly better than Bennie Logan. And next year there are going to be a bunch of retirements to free up space

MechDX

Terrible draft, Texans got Hopkins out of it though and well that was it. Oddly enough most texans fans were clamoring for Patterson. Hindsight is almost always funny that way

Yesterday was the 15th anniversary of the Texans drafting David Carr. Did Mech throw a party and not invite us?

We did! There are pictures of it on Watt's instgram account so Im surprised you did not see them since you follow him so closely

MechDX

I liked this response from Jayson braddock on Twitter when asked if the Bears would take a QB at pick 3:

Jayson Braddock‏Verified account @JaysonBraddock 10h10 hours ago
More
Jayson Braddock Retweeted Mr. Conrad
Possibly but would be hard for me to leave all of that talent on the board at other positions. (Warnings from the 2011 NFL Draft)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NFL_Draft

Locker, Gabbert and Ponder sandwiched in between all that talent.

Top Bottom