• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 is confirmed.

Thought the first one was OK, fun enough as a stop-gap before other games, but I certainly wouldn't play a sequel ahead of Pokémon SoulSilver or DQIX.

Unless it's massively better.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yeah, hopefully they get rid of the stupider aspects to it, such as the jet ski and vending machines. I like my DQs to be a little more... traditional, I suppose. And yeah, get rid of the main character. Awful design.

faridmon

liked the first one untill the moon and the sun dungeons which was annoying. so i stopped playing it.

hopefully tjhe second one becomes less about grining and more about adventures and other stuff.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Mr. Pointy said:
They'd be dumb not to do a sequel.

Also, Horii's gotta make some of his money back when DQX bombs.
I expected anther DQ Monsters game, but not a Joker Sequel.

Drkirby said:
I expected anther DQ Monsters game, but not a Joker Sequel.
Joker itself did 1.4 million. I wouldn't know if the game had any negative buzz from players in Japan, but it's probably a safer bet to follow it up rather than do an unrelated Monsters title.

Besides, DQX is years away and what other million sellers do Square Enix have in Japan other than DQVIr in between then?

Versus XIII? Please.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
But I wanted Slime Mori Mori 3 with a better adventure and Wi-Fi Tank Battles. :(

jj984jj said:
But I wanted Slime Mori Mori 3 with a better adventure and Wi-Fi Tank Battles. :(
Ehn, Level 5 working on a sequel to DQMJ probably wouldn't interfere with TOSE doing another Slime Morimori if Enix wanted it to happen.

Spiegel

Segata Sanshiro said:
Ehn, Level 5 working on a sequel to DQMJ probably wouldn't interfere with TOSE doing another Slime Morimori if Enix wanted it to happen.

Uh?

TOSE made DQMJ, not L5

john tv

Segata Sanshiro said:
Level-5 didn't make DQMJ, but yeah, it'd be different teams making those two anyway, I'm guessing. Rocket Slime didn't exactly fly off the shelves tho, even in Japan, right?

hahaha god I don't know where my brain is.

Ah well, point still stands. If Enix wanted both, we'd have both. Morimori 2 did indeed underperform in Japan. 300k isn't anything to sneeze at, though. I'm sure the series will get picked up again at some point.

GaussTek

BooJoh said:
Am I missing something? All I see is a site for the first DQMJ that hasn't been updated in several years.

Same here?? I don't get it. Sorry if it's too obvious or something.

Baki

Mr. Pointy said:
Joker itself did 1.4 million. I wouldn't know if the game had any negative buzz from players in Japan, but it's probably a safer bet to follow it up rather than do an unrelated Monsters title.

Besides, DQX is years away and what other million sellers do Square Enix have in Japan other than DQVIr in between then?

Versus XIII? Please.
Mark my words. Versus XIII will sell 1M in Japan.

@the guy who said DQX will bomb:

:lol :lol :lol

Mr. Pointy said:
They'd be dumb not to do a sequel.

Also, Horii's gotta make some of his money back when DQX bombs.

Why in the world would DQX bomb? It's one of the most popular franchises in Japan. Even if it does bomb, it wont bomb [there]

I invested around 60 hours in Joker, not the most remarkable of the Dragon Quest games but it was a fairly enjoyable distraction. I'll grab the sequel.

Add me to the list of people pining for a sequel to Rocket Slime.

Top Bottom