• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 10 on NA WW. PSN11/03; XBLA31/03. JPN dates post#1020. Bass & DLC in OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Vic said:
Could I have the name of the game from your avatar?

2dpgs0.jpg

Secret Of...

Chrono Trigger.

jarosh

TheCardPlayer said:
I own the game on both Wii and 360 too, and while I haven't finished it on 360, I still don't see any difference in control between the two versions. Other than the Wiimote is obviously a better match for this game.
this is really hard to believe. i mean, i went back and forth between the two versions. i'm just blasting through the levels on the wii and on the 360 i'm struggling. for example: i can shoot the buster much faster, in more rapid succession than on the 360, i can make more precise jumps and maneuver in mid-air much more easily. it's also the only mega man game/version i'm having serious problems with. i finish 1 - 3 on the virtual console usually in one or two sittings and they all don't give me much trouble. mm9 on 360 is like a totally different beast. i dunno. maybe it IS something about my setup, i just don't know what.

Sixfortyfive said:
Input lag probably has something to do with your TV/console settings. I'm thinking HD upscaling or something along those lines. Either that or it's a problem specific to the 360 version of MM9.

Can't help you as far as shit controls go. The SFIV fightpad is fine for fighting game motions, but its d-pad floats so high above the contacts that it probably still doesn't have the immediate response time you'd be getting from the Wii or PS3.
i have a panny plasma and usually don't have problems with input lag. if at all it should be the other way around since the wii is being upscaled while the 360 displays in my tv's native resolution.

OpinionatedCyborg said:
They're fine for me. I also use the analog stick.
:/

RockmanWhore said:
Yeah the Xbox controler suck ass for Megaman. The dpad is horrible and the analog stick isn't as great as a good dpad. It still work but it's just a source of frustration. Your best luck would be to buy a cheap third party controller with a nice dpad. Or maybe a dual shock adapter if you have one. I used to play the NES Megaman with an arcade stick a few years ago, if you have one, you should definitely give it a try. MM works great with those things. Or wait for NATAL and play it by waving your arms around :lol
you seem to be one of the few people agreeing with me. strange, i somehow thought this would be a common issue. i might have to try one of those weird converters. they look odd though and you NEED a wired 360 controller for them to work.

explodet

The controllers in heaven have dpads made by Nintendo, buttons by Sony and triggers by Microsoft.
In hell the dpads are made by Microsoft, the buttons by Nintendo and the triggers by Sony.

(I'm kidding!)
kinda

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Bizzyb said:
It would only be a waste of time and money. Zelda is a franchise that need to Evolve in some way with every iteration, not devolve. I get the orgasms veteran Mega-man fans are having over these retro releases but it just does not work for every franchise, esp Zelda or Metroid.

things that are cool are not wastes of time.

nbraun80

TheCardPlayer said:
http://megaman.capcom.com/10/

Official site is up. Awesome beats! One of the songs on there is just as good as Tornado Man's. Should have been the trailer theme.

I just noticed on that site in the overview link it talks about a "Mega Man Challenges" mode to "practice up on your skills", and haven't seen anyone hear notice it so I thought I'd point it out. I wonder if it will be like the Powered Up challenges or what...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Kilrogg
I didn't read the GAF Wii homebrew wiki and now I can't change my avatar OR my tag. :(
2l936hc.png

wow, that tag/avatar thing is total over-kill. disgusting.

I used the analogue stick for the 360 version of MM9.

I thought it was actually pretty good. And this is coming from someone who has completed all the classic MM games, multiple (around 30-40) times each.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
natedog4000 said:
I just noticed on that site in the overview link it talks about a "Mega Man Challenges" mode to "practice up on your skills", and haven't seen anyone hear notice it so I thought I'd point it out. I wonder if it will be like the Powered Up challenges or what...
I'm going to assume that it's similar to the MM9 challenge list.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Rez said:
Kilrogg
I didn't read the GAF Wii homebrew wiki and now I can't change my avatar OR my tag. :(

wow, that tag/avatar thing is total over-kill. disgusting.

Haha, thanks for sympathizing, but in fairness, I deserved it :p. Plus, I'm not in for the tags and avatars. The only thing that bothers me is that it makes my posts less visible for the few people who care about them.

Anyway, I'm sad no-one commented on that remix, I find it pretty good, if not very original.

I'm just chiming in on the 360 version of MM9.

It's perfect. Play with an arcade stick for maximum satisfaction (or a 3rd party pad with a good d-pad. Can't go wrong with Hori or an SF4 pad).

Teknoman

I dont think I could play any Megaman game with an arcade stick @_@

And cant help but wonder what the other graphics mode would've looked like for MM10...powered up style, 7/power battles style, or 8/ & Bass style. Or something entirely new.

nbraun80

Sixfortyfive said:
I'm going to assume that it's similar to the MM9 challenge list.
I don't think so, it says MODE which I don't see being a list rather a game within the game like Endless Mode. Here's the exact quote from there:

"Mega Man Challenges mode will allow players to practice-up on their skills and prepare for the hair-raising adventure ahead of them"

There's no way that they are implying a challenge list by that.

wRATH2x

Banned
I never played Megaman 1,2 or 3 yet I heavily enjoyed 9 and would love to play 10, should I play the first three?

Metiphis said:
Where's Poop Man? Just get it over with already.
I think he was in Mega Crap

Wrath2X said:
I never played Megaman 1,2 or 3 yet I heavily enjoyed 9 and would love to play 10, should I play the first three?
If you enjoyed playing one entry from a storied video game franchise then it would make sense to seek out and play the other games in said franchise, yes.

wRATH2x

Banned
nincompoop said:
If you enjoyed playing one entry from a storied video game franchise then it would make sense to seek out and play the other games in said franchise, yes.
OK, I was just wondering what are the worthwhile Megaman games?

Wrath2X said:
OK, I was just wondering what are the worthwhile Megaman games?
All of them are worthwhile games. 4-6 do suffer a bit from deja vu but they also polish up some elements that were lacking in the first 3, such as better boss fights and more consistency in the length and difficulty of the stages. They also have extra content in the form of hidden items/powerups. 7, 8 and Bass don't control as tightly as the NES games but they make up for it with strong level designs that feature a variety of unique gimmicks. I would recommend playing the entire series in order.

Mechar

Neo Member
The game looks really solid; the old school music and mechanics seems intact and the enemy bosses as always are cleaverly designed. I'm really curious about easy mode, not that I intent to play it on that difficulty when the game comes out. And also how normal stacks up to the normal difficulty i Mega Man 9.

Othet than that, this game can't come fast enough!

TheCardPlayer

Capcom just officially revealed all the robot masters in the game. Artwork, sprites and all. The Corocoro scans are out there. Pump Man is so damn awesome.
A shield weapon though? Hopefully, it's as good as Jewel Satellite
Nitro Man is a goddamn bike! :D

TheCardPlayer

kpop100 said:
What's shameful is the fan versions are better.

Oh rly?

Anyway, awesome lineup. These guys are freaking awesome. I'm glad to see a return of the more complex Robot Masters after the simplier designs of 9. Not to say 9's lineup was bad. It was pretty much the best in the series.

KevinCow

Banned
A guy with a sword for a head, a guy with a pump on his head, a giant baseball, a sheep, and a motorcycle transformer.

This is quite possibly the silliest Mega Man boss lineup yet. And I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom