• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER FILLED Thread for Grand Theft Auto V for IMPATIENT PEOPLE - Read Rules in OP

duckroll

Okay, this thread is for all those impatient people who can't wait another 4 days, and need to live off details, leaks, gifs, and whatnot. This might or might not include me. I hope not. Trying to quit it. Gonna be hard.

RULES
- No piracy impressions. Kindly provide proof of purchase if you're going to post impressions about the game before the release date. This isn't a witchhunt, but at some point someone is going to ask and being evasive will just derail the thread, so either be upfront or don't risk it. :p

- No PM begging stuff. If you want to share videos or whatnot, just post the link. If for whatever reason you're not comfortable with sharing it, then don't share it. PM begging derails threads and looks shady.

- Watching streams is okay, it is Rockstar's responsibility to take down whatever they feel violates their copyright, but having said that if it is obvious someone is streaming from a pirated game, don't give them that attention. C'mon, be smart. :)

- Gifs are welcome all day any day. The more awesome water shown in the gifs, the better.

- Don't be dicks and start posting this shit in other threads.

Dennis

Banned
Footage captured by Based Sethos - may he soon return.

untitled-2373hpd7.gif

untitled-236ihsrz.gif

Lakitu

st5fu
-U140Q.jpg

This screen has me interested. I can't find it anywhere on the map but it seems rather big to be a mission only location.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
brb, starting a kickstarter to get tickets to denmark

Fjordson

there are no pirate copies out there yet right? this means everything so far should be fine?!
99% sure what we've so far has been from retail copies (I know Sethos' stream was).

Though we'll probably start seeing stuff from pirates later today. Game is officially "out there" on the interwebs.

jediyoshi

There are unfortunately pirated copies out there now, apparently.

Though there's effectively no distinction at this point. If people got their hands on a copy, then it's simple enough to automatically assume it'd also immediately get dumped.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Is posting links to streams ok?

Why do people not read the rules?

RULES
- Watching streams is okay, it is Rockstar's responsibility to take down whatever they feel violates their copyright, but having said that if it is obvious someone is streaming from a pirated game, don't give them that attention. C'mon, be smart. :)

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
i like the idea of recording high quality videos then releasing those that way rockstar cant bring them down and we get better quality over all

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
prudes!

Too much?

Sickbean

And we're back. Good thing too, don't know how I would have made it until Tuesday otherwise. DLing that Mega link now!

ValleyJoe

Neo Member
So just to follow up on my earlier impressions of my craigslist purchased copy from the locked thread, I am so fucking impressed with this game. It took me a while to get used to 30 fps again after playing pc so much lately, but after playing for an hour or so, walking around and watching the sunset, I'm just blown away by the sheer level of detail. The only frame rate dips i've seen have been in scripted missions with a lot of characters on screen. Driving and walking around the city seem very solid.

The little details are just astounding. I was running from a cop and he was standing on my passenger side rear as I pulled away from the curb in a stolen car. His shotgun blast hit perfectly in the upper right side of the back window just shattering part of it in the most likely spot it would have hit. It felt so authentic compared to anything I've seen in an open world game. It was such a small detail, but it felt like the gunshot actually had real visible effect and not just placing some bullet hole texture but shattering the glass much more realistically. There are so many amazing details that make the world feel alive. I'm trying to find a mountain bike to go bomb on some downhills now. Amazing game. PC version is purchased the fucking microsecond its released.

Top Bottom