• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ultimate Crybaby - Me and my Mental Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 19 years old, and I still live to tell this story.

Ever since my early teens, I have what I thought is known as OCD. I still do not know if I actually have OCD or not, because I've never been through therapy in my life. I literally cry about the dumbest things, like thinking my life sucks. I live in a healthy family of 5, with no one else in the family with this kind of condition that I have.

You all may be wondering what I'm talking about. Every day of my life my head makes me over think things thinking that something that I've done is wrong when it really isn't. This may not be the best way to explain it, but it definitely wastes a whole lot of time in my life. I am a lonely kid with no friends, but I do have an older brother that I talk to and hang out with. I even hang out with his friends, which is good. I do not have friends of my own to talk to, and I'm just socially shy all around.

Since I'm not sure how to continue this post, let me just say, that I am the ultimate crybaby. A 19 year old kid that cries pointlessly to himself would describe me.

Seda

Ever since my early teens, I have what I thought is known as OCD. I still do not know if I actually have OCD or not, because I've never been through therapy in my life. I literally cry about the dumbest things, like thinking my life sucks. I live in a healthy family of 5, with no one else in the family with this kind of condition that I have.

You all may be wondering what I'm talking about. Every day of my life my head makes me over think things thinking that something that I've done is wrong when it really isn't. This may not be the best way to explain it, but it definitely wastes a whole lot of time in my life. I am a lonely kid with no friends, but I do have an older brother that I talk to and hang out with. I even hang out with his friends, which is good. I do not have friends of my own to talk to, and I'm just socially shy all around.

Since I'm not sure how to continue this post, let me just say, that I am the ultimate crybaby. A 19 year old kid that cries pointlessly to himself would describe me.

Perhaps not true OCD, but it sounds like you may have some sort of anxiety issues going by "my head makes me over think things thinking that something that I've done is wrong when it really isn't"

Firstly, have you talked to your parents or brother about this? Are they aware of your state of mind? That would be a good first step. Talking to them about it would be far more useful than GAF.

RevDM

Banned
Depression is a real thing, don't ignore it.

Knowthatfeelbrogafgotyourback

also

GO TO DOKTRORRRRRR LOLOLOL

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Yeah, go see a doctor. Better you do it now then get hospitalized.

or feed it pizza.

Sadsic

i made a similar topic recently. i have bipolar, have a shitty life, etc.

just try therapy if yr life is too uncomfortable. maybe get some anxiety medicine if you get some panic attacks

my grandmother has extreme OCD / hoarding and she's basically let it control her life. dont let the disorder control you

Perhaps not true OCD, but it sounds like you may have some sort of anxiety issues going by "my head makes me over think things thinking that something that I've done is wrong when it really isn't"

Firstly, have you talked to your parents or brother about this? Are they aware of your state of mind? That would be a good first step. Talking to them about it would be far more useful than GAF.

I'm not sure if this is a problem, but my brain just makes me think I can handle my life on my own without any therapy to solve this anxiety issue. I'm doing great with my life so far, but my anxiety sometimes takes things way too far and I lose a lot of my time for that.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
This will sound strange, but I understand.

I've never been able to keep a stable relationship with any friends. I'm always lonesome, and I constantly question what the hell I'm doing.
I'm stuck in a dead-end job. I'm the best at what I do, but, honestly, I hate it. I'll never seek counseling because I don't want to waste someone
else's time on me because I feel like I'm not worth "saving" I wish I could blow myself away some days, but I know I'm too much of a coward.
Ironically, I'm also 19.

OP, you said you have an older brother that you hang out with. Take comfort in that.

Aselith

I'm not sure if this is a problem, but my brain just makes me think I can handle my life on my own without any therapy to solve this anxiety issue. I'm doing great with my life so far, but my anxiety sometimes takes things way too far and I lose a lot of my time for that.

No, you aren't. Go get some help.

Canuck76

Banned
Get some counseling and just try to relax and get the most you can out of life. Everybody has their problems man.

Just remember your loved and valued more than you know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom