• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think he means all the those people who pretended like NT could have ever done anything right by them in the first place. And I'm convinced there are a lot of people like that.

The purist tirades just strike me as silly. For whatever reason if this game wasn't called Devil May Cry they would have no problem with it and they probably play a ton of action games without being so picky about them but because they care about intellectual property attached to a given game (for whatever reason) they howl and yell and make silly .gifs if they don't feel the IP matches what they think the brand should represent.

A game that isn't called Devil May Cry wouldn't carry the expectations of the Devil May Cry franchise, that must is true.

Facism

This is a good OT. It's not a massive PR orgy. It plays on the criticisms that the game rightly wrought upon itself, whilst still being informative of all the real meat, such as the release date, weapons and whatever preorder bonuses are available.

It only only needs a few videos showing off the gameplay.

[edit]And reviews as they come in.

Carbonox

This thread is getting more hate than the game will. Bank on it.

ibsxdgSsMIQ7b6.gif

nbthedude

Hopefully there will be a separate thread for the PC version so all the people who want to jump up and down like monkeys and fling poo can just stay in this OT.

Haunted

But then people would complain the OP is hating on the game again. :(

Joking aside, the drive-by trolls feeling emboldened by the OP will be banned/gone after a couple pages and the real discussion can start.

First couple pages of an OT are always garbage, whether it's negative (this) or positive (three hundred posts of "great job OP! can't wait!") in tone. Just go with it and stop bitching.

Was the PC port done in-house or outsourced?

It still wouldn't be acknowledged by the faithful. Just put a bunch of try hards on ignore if it's really that big of a deal.

Wait, who are the try hards here? Why should I ignore them? I'd like to know if the game is fun to play and has intuitive controls, like Bayonetta. How are the load times? How are weapons upgraded? Is there a shop?

Thanks to anybody that can help me out with these.

ezekial45

Banned
This is a good OT. It's not a massive PR orgy. It plays on the criticisms that the game rightly wrought upon itself, whilst still being informative of all the real meat, such as the release date, weapons and whatever preorder bonuses are available.

Are you serious? He doesn't even explain the gameplay. He also doesn't show off any advanced techniques that are staples of the series, and he posts gifs mocking the game. It's made for people who like to rag on it. Anyone who likes this game won't feel comfortable coming in here.

This OT is bullshit.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Revenge of Sh*t Mountain is more tasteful than No, F*** You? At least the latter is in-game dialogue.

Except the "No, F*ck You!" part is not really saying fuck the game but fuck the OT. It's a horrible job and I could do something better given a day. A DAY!

Are you serious? He doesn't even explain the gameplay. He also doesn't show off any advanced techniques that are staples of the series, and he posts gifs mocking the game. It's made for people who like to rag on it. Anyone who likes this game won't feel comfortable coming in here.

This OT is bullshit.

An OT doesn't need excess information detailing advanced techniques and what not. It should be good on information about the game and getting people excited. Unless... you know. You don't remember the DMC HD Collections thread.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Honestly, nobody reads an OT for more than a few seconds. It's not a big deal, and it's not that bad.

This OT is bullshit.

Because of the opening post? An OT is an OT. The meat is in the posts after the opener. Lovingly crafted opening posts get ignored more often than not.

This is OT is bullshit.

I think it's funny. Not everything needs to be taken so seriously. I wish we had more OTs like this instead of the massive PR circle jerks, to be honest.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Except the "No, F*ck You!" part is not really saying fuck the game but fuck the OT. It's a horrible job and I could do something better given a day. A DAY!

Nobody looks at the first post after A DAY anyways. I'm sure one of the Ninja Theory PR people here could whip something up real nice.

Dahbomb

Wait, who are the try hards here? Why should I ignore them? I'd like to know if the game is fun to play and has intuitive controls, like Bayonetta. How are the load times? How are weapons upgraded? Is there a shop?

1) Game is pretty fun in its combat.
2) Controls are fairly intuitive but not as precise/responsive as previous DMC games or like Bayonetta.
3) Load times are here and there, nothing too alarming.
4) Weapons are upgraded by buying moves or buying upgrades to moves. There are two currencies, one that is used to buy skill upgrades and the other to buy items.
5) Yeah there is a shop to buy upgrades and items. They are spread in the levels or you can access it before/after each mission.

I will make a "Tips and Tricks for Newcomers" post. Relax guys.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Oy. This OT doesn't encourage healthy discussion, critical or otherwise.

There's not much to have a healthy discussion about at this point. Wait until the game comes out for a real discussion. That's the same with any OT.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
There's not much to have a healthy discussion about at this point. Wait until the game comes out for a real discussion. That's the same with any OT.

Honestly, I don't get it. NOTHING worthwhile is posted in an OT before the actual release.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Just because some people don't look at the OP and/or don't give two shits about it doesn't mean the rest of the GAF population doesn't. If you aren't even going to be remotely tasteful with the OT or handle it with some semblance of tact I think you should be prohibited from making any future OTs either permanently or temporarily. This is stupid.

2) Controls are fairly intuitive but not as precise/responsive as previous DMC games or like Bayonetta.
4) Weapons are upgraded by buying moves or buying upgrades to moves. There are two currencies, one that is used to buy skill upgrades and the other to buy items.
5) Yeah there is a shop to buy upgrades and items. They are spread in the levels or you can access it before/after each mission.

Besides two you can pretty much say this game operates almost like DMC

ezekial45

Banned

See what I mean? This OT isn't helping anyone.

Honestly, nobody reads an OT for more than a few seconds. It's not a big deal, and it's not that bad.

Because of the opening post? An OT is an OT. The meat is in the posts after the opener. Lovingly crafted opening posts get ignored more often than not.

It's uninviting. Along with that title. It's honestly made for someone like you.

And look at the discussion we're having now. It's chaos in here.

Nice, thanks Dahbomb! Is there a score attack or boss rush mode in the game?

Top Bottom