• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More fuel for the Diablo 3 on consoles fire (Job posting)

bluemax

Banned
So I was perusing jobs on Gamasutra and I see this:

Senior Software Engineer Console Network

Job description:

Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic software engineer to be a key contributor on the Diablo team. This position is responsible for ensuring the best implementation of sophisticated networking systems on consoles.

Of course my first thought was wondering if I was qualified for the job, but that's neither here nor there I suppose.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Malio

Of course it will be on consoles. Do you think Kotick will allow tons of $$$ to be passed up?

Xamdou

I would much prefer a console (360) version of Diablo 3 so I can game with my pals. It would be even better if Blizzard/Activision was able to make cross-platform play across PC/360/PS3...

Orayn

Wasn't this pretty much a fact already?

Yeah, I was about to post this. Blizzard already admitted that a console version of Diablo 3 was a matter of when, not if.

That said, it would be nice if they ported the console control options back to PC, just because I want to try a Diablo-like with dual analog.

I would much prefer a console (360) version of Diablo 3 so I can game with my pals. It would be even better if Blizzard/Activision was able to make cross-platform play across PC/360/PS3...

That's scheduled to be implemented, too.
ETA is when hell freezes over because Sony and Microsoft are tremendous assholes about this.

Apoc87

Banned
I thought this was already confirmed, given GAFs bitching about keyboard actions being bound to controller buttons last year.

Orayn

Wii U Tablet controller could actually be decent for Diablo 3. Easy access to hot keys and item management.
A Wiimote control scheme would also be excellent, since Diablo is a case where it's almost completely on par with a mouse.

Yeah, I was about to post this. Blizzard already admitted that a console version of Diablo 3 was a matter of when, not if.

That said, it would be nice if they ported the console control options back to PC, just because I want to try a Diablo-like with dual analog.

That's scheduled to be implemented, too.
ETA is when hell freezes over because Sony and Microsoft are tremendous assholes about this.

Sony allows PS3/PC. And allowed PS2/PC.

Pimpbaa

Can't wait for all the "Blizzard just shot themselves in the foot" posts when this is officially announced.

This shouldn't bother anyone, I hope. As it's going to be a port from the PC version, and not be a game that was designed from the beginning to be multiplatform (console focused).

This shouldn't bother anyone, I hope. As it's going to be a port from the PC version, and not be a game that was designed from the beginning to be multiplatform (console focused).

Didn't Blizzard say something in regards to that when they launch their console version, it will be tailored to the console, and not just a port?

epmode

Will the thread be as awesome as the FFXIII 360 reveal?
It shouldn't be. I mean, an incredibly polished beta has been out for ages and it's pretty clear that the game is going to be great and it certainly doesn't feel like a console port*.

*although I will say that I noticed how very few of the skills require pinpoint mouse aiming. Very controller-friendly.

Pimpbaa

Didn't Blizzard say something in regards to that when they launch their console version, it will be tailored to the console, and not just a port?

That's fine. I'm just saying Diablo 3 was made for PC first. But if the future they start making their games multiplatform and dumb down their games as a result, then we have a problem.

zugzug

It is not really fuel if they are openly admitting they'd like to look at how to code on the console at Blizzcon 2011 they admitted to the audience they wanted to hire people with console experience and if anyone in the crowd had exp with software to apply. Specifially the Diablo team said that at Blizzcon.

Title of thread Misleading Sounds like a Kotaku writer made this OP

peakish

That's fine. I'm just saying Diablo 3 was made for PC first. But if the future they start making their games multiplatform and dumb down their games as a result, then we have a problem.

Indeed. I think they might make some adjustments to fit several platforms but they've never settled for anything but the best so far, no reason to think they'll do it in the future (like, I've heard some people suggesting that their changes to the skill system with six active at a time is to make it controller friendly, don't know how true that is anf whatever the reason behind I think it sounds awesome). Besides, they've got Battle.net to push which I think gives them great reasons to keep the main focus on the PC versions.

My first experience with Diablo was borrowing my cousin's copy of the PS1 release, so I can't really have a fit about them porting Diablo 3. I really hope they aren't holding up the pc version for a simultaneous release though, that would piss me right off.

Top Bottom