• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

orioto

Good Art™
Well i havn't more than full hd rez for my work, except for the megaman one, so it's not highly printable at big sizes...

And my gawd, i already get lost in my own paris !!!! :D

But it would be cool anyway.

Neomoto

Every single one of them are in fact totally awesome. Count me down as being a fan ever since the first one in the wallpaper thread, in fact I already had all of them stored in my artwork folder.

I would kill to play a Mario game that looked like that Super Mario World one. Holy shit.

Oh, and the Zelda one looks fantastic. I would love to see another one with a top down view (preferably from Zelda hehe). I agree with doing a Yoshi's Island one, that game is practically made for something like this!

Azure J

Someone asked for a tag, right?

(neutral) orioto
Everything old is new again.
(Today, 06:08 PM)
Reply | Quote

Also, I'm telling you right now, if I see a StarTropics wallpaper in the future, I'm naming my kid after you. :lol

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
309rk48.jpg

Seriously though, nice work.

orioto

Good Art™
New !

This one isn't really awesome depht of view wise, but the style suits i guess
hope

At least i didn't just vectorize the original style. I wanted some new kind of render, or it's not fun anymore !

Ho and this time 5000x2813 printable in download, for those interest.

(I updated the first post.)

Sanjuro

orioto said:
New !

hope

At least i didn't just vectorize the original style. I wanted some new kind of render, or it's not fun anymore !

Ugh. Looks awful.
I hate your talent.

I'd also love to see ActRaiser in this style.

...and FFVI. :D

There really needs to be a HD-2D revolution. Your artwork really drives that home. I can't even imagine the amount of work it would take to animate, though.

orioto said:
New !

hope

Thx, just awesome, now I wish a Yoshi's Island HD. :D

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
I wish those were actual screen shots. You make me sad...

CiSTM

Banned
orioto said:
New !

hope

My current favorite. Keep up the good work <3

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
These works of art, THATS how remakes should look in this generation. Seeing how Odin Sphere looked, I have no doubt that these games could be remade to look as beautiful as these. Someone should hire you for concept work or something (assuming your not already in the industry).

orioto said:
New !

hope

SHIT FUCK AWESOME MY PANTS ARE WET!

orioto

Good Art™
TheJollyCorner said:
I can't even imagine the amount of work it would take to animate, though.

I don't even think so... With a simple shading style (like in most part of my arts) and even a Third strike level of animation (wich would be awesome beyond infinity for a sidescroller), it would require faaaaaaar less frames than any fighter game, honestly. And all background would be animated by distortion ala odin sphere, + dynamic parallax.. It could be higly impressive without so much work.

Abstact Alien said:
(neutral)orioto
Savior of current gen
(12-23-2008, 11:08 PM)
jericho_back.JPG

:D

And thx you all :)

Love the work, I have a new wallpaper on my laptop now!

Seeing your treatments of classic games makes me want to play them with these graphics. I'm not nostalgic for 8bit in any way shape or form. I want this painterly style now!! :D

Azure J

orioto said:
I don't even think so... With a simple shading style (like in most part of my arts) and even a Third strike level of animation (wich would be awesome beyond infinity for a sidescroller), it would require faaaaaaar less frames than any fighter game, honestly. And all background would be animated by distortion ala odin sphere, + dynamic parallax.. It could be higly impressive without so much work.

Wow, you certainly know your stuff. How long have you been doing this all for? Also seriously, keep up the excellent work.

Amazing work, man. These are just incredible! The LttP one is great, though more artistic and less realistic than the others. But I think that's not necessarily a bad thing.

If I had a request, it would involve the words "Chrono" and "Trigger".

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Thank you so much for the HIGH RES download on Yoshi.
That one and the Mario's are my faves.

I'm going to print the Yoshi one out at a printer shop.
Please get high res ones of the Marios!
:)

LOVE your work. Wow.

Top Bottom