• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frozen store bought pizza, expiration dates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madara

I dont see dates on these tombstones. I grabbed 10 for $20 knowing price of food is going up and a deal like that will never happen again but that also means some of these will definitely be in the freezer for 8-10 months. So when is it no longer safe to eat these things? I'll just give most of them to my dad now if they pose a risk after awhile.

rampur

hmm, i guess it depends on how well they are sealed

also, where did you get them from. Hell of a deal :)

Seth C

Yeah, your biggest worry is easily freezer burn making the pizza taste awful. There is no way it will spoil before that, given the number of preservatives in those pizzas.

yeoz

Kraft Food's Customer Service said:
Question
I've had my TOMBSTONE© Pizza in my freezer for a while now. How can I tell if it has expired?
Answer
All of our products have what is called a code date. This date can be a best when used by date or a Julian Code Date. TOMBSTONE Pizza has a Julian Code Date.
This coding information can be found on the pressure sensitive label containing the nutrition information on the back of the package in the white space towards the bottom of the label.
In this case, the Julian Code Date is the pull date, the date the product should be consumed by or pulled from the grocer's shelves. An example of a Julian Code pull date would be:
6003A22
In this example, the 6 designates the year (2006), the next three digits 003, designate day number 3 of the 365 days possible. So we know this product should be consumed or pulled from the grocer's shelves by January 3, 2006.
Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom