• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Mass Effect: Bioware "borrowing a lot of game (engine) systems from DA3"

This is awesome news. This means that the team hit the ground running without having to worry about the basic overall structure of getting their game running in Frostbite 3 and whatnot. So they can just focus on the game. Shouldn't be that far away. I expect to see it at next year's E3.

jbt2kG8ddfCHbO.png

Also, hey, at least they're still calling it an RPG :p

jQ09x3FSVmMp1.png

I don't care what anyone says. Mass Effect has been my favorite series this gen, and I'm eagerly anticipating any info on the next game. I need to try and ignore it though because it's going to be awhile before we see this.

MartyStu

Noooooooooo...

...wait...I am actually not sure what this means yet. It cannot be good though, so...

...ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This either means interesting things for Mass Effect 4, or bad things for Dragon Age 3.

Or nothing.

tokkun

I wonder if this means they want to do the same sort of thing Bethesda does with Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

Aspiring

Man I wish we could of at least had a reveal trailer at E3. I love the universe so much, and just really want to see we're they are taking it and if there will or won't be any past characters in it.

Man I wish we could of at least had a reveal trailer at E3. I love the universe so much, and just really want to see we're they are taking it and if there will or won't be any past characters in it.

Reveal trailer will be next E3, almost guaranteed. I love the old characters too but honestly I doubt we'll see them at all, maybe just a quick cameo for a few of the favorites (Garrus, Wrex, etc) if they do decide to go with a game that takes place after the end of ME3.

They said Shepard's story and everything surrounding him/her is 100% done.

Savitar

Shit Mountain in Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace?

When pigs fly...........in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace.

Oh wait.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

What shinobi said. Shepard arc is over, as is all her/his relationships and characters. Doesn't mean we absolutely will not get a cameo or name drop in the next game, but they're gone from the focus. New characters, new story, new adventures. For the best, I think.

At this point though we don't even know when in the series it's going to be set.

Ushae

Banned
Thread is off to a good start. Not enough spite yet.

Yeah, too many doom preachers. Bioware is looking to be in good shape again, I'm getting really hyped. Between Dragon Age Inquisition, Next Mass Effect and the brand new IP, things are finally looking up for them. EA seems like its letting them take their time with the games now. Glorious.

2014-2015 = RPG's return in a big, next gen, way! :D

Marcel

The optimism preachers are no more informed than the doom preachers. Oh, wow, a content pipeline. Big fucking deal. I go by the last game in the series. And if that's any indication, I have no reason to trust Bioware.

Please be more RPG like the original than 'action' RPG. I loved the mood and story of the original. 2 was a good game as well, but it was missing 'something' the first one had I thought.

Macmanus

So this means that Dragon Age 3 isn't going to be like Dragon Age: Origins.

kk, no buy.

Uhg. You're absolutely correct. Man. I loved DA:O combat so much. I'm still pumped for more ME, though. I don't share GAFs view on the series - I think it was awesome and I still think Bioware is awesome.

(Though I really did hate DA2.)

Jacqli

Uhg. You're absolutely correct. Man. I loved DA:O combat so much. I'm still pumped for more ME, though. I don't share GAFs view on the series - I think it was awesome and I still think Bioware is awesome.

(Though I really did hate DA2.)

Apart from the combat, what I really liked about DA:O was its dialogue system. So many and ambiguous options with that aura of classic RPG. :(

I do not feel very excited after DA2, I know they are not going to repeat the same mistakes (such as recycled environments, that was the worst) but there are some changes that will be keeping and they do not fit my taste.

Top Bottom