• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Vasili2K38

Game preordered, I cannot resist it. I couldn't play the beta all the time I wanted, but I liked it a lot the gunplay and the active abilities. And the campaign looks amazing O_O, I've just replaying both previous games and I cannot understand how people say with a straight face that R1 has better graphics than R3, indeed R1 has a clean look, but the detail in the enemies and effects in the campaign of R3 (from what it has seen in trailers and mentioned in the majority of previews) are crazy O_O. And the atmosphere, weapon wheel (I love so much Resistance weapons), Move support, coop and multi with dual login... I'm really hyped for this game! :D

.la1n

I played the beta just like 2 and had fun with it but really the campaign is all I care about. I have a great feeling it's going to bring back what made the original game so fun and improve on it. Don't let me down Insomniac :)

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I was only about SP until i played the beta. I'm gonna be back in the GAF Resistance clan of yore <3

Rolf NB

Just got stuck for 20 minutes+ on the loading screen for TDM on Bogota :\
No "freeze". The skull icon bottom right kept blinking, Wifi LED showed activity, too, the whole time. Had to exit the game with the PS button.

Loudninja

Rolf NB said:
Just got stuck for 20 minutes+ on the loading screen for TDM on Bogota :\
No "freeze". The skull icon bottom right kept blinking, Wifi LED showed activity, too, the whole time. Had to exit the game with the PS button.
Haha its a bug dude, I cant believe you stay that that long 0_0

Rolf NB

Loudninja said:
Haha its a bug dude, I cant believe you stay that that long 0_0
I walked over to the table with my notebook. It's not that I've been sitting there for 20 minutes, staring at the loading screen ;)

Cornbread78

OH $hit, was too busy working yesterday instead of cruising GAF and lookie what I missed here!

Good stuff Ninja!

For me, it's all about MP. I mean, I got my R2 platinum and all, but MP keeps the world turning. Anything "special" being given for Resistance vets that have a plat. trophy in R2?

I can't wait for this game to come out. My preorder is set and I'm ready to go.

Countdown: Until Resistance 3 Release Date:, has 5 day 14 hour 55 min 43 sec.

Loudninja

Cornbread78 said:
OH $hit, was too busy working yesterday instead of cruising GAF and lookie what I missed here!

Good stuff Ninja!

For me, it's all about MP. I mean, I got my R2 platinum and all, but MP keeps the world turning. Anything "special" being given for Resistance vets that have a plat. trophy in R2?

I can't wait for this game to come out. My preorder is set and I'm ready to go.

Countdown: Until Resistance 3 Release Date:, has 5 day 14 hour 55 min 43 sec.
It was mostly MrPliskin, but thank you I help a little ;)

.la1n

I NEED REVIEWS. I want to know how the graphics are holding up in SP as opposed to MP. I really feel like it will be completely different but all I have to go by are bullshots and broken promises :(

hitoshi

.la1n said:
I NEED REVIEWS. I want to know how the graphics are holding up in SP as opposed to MP. I really feel like it will be completely different but all I have to go by are bullshots and broken promises :(

It REALLY looks much much better than every Resistance game ever released. The preview version I've had several weeks ago was a blast.

Cornbread78

hitoshi said:
It REALLY looks much much better than every Resistance game ever released. The preview version I've had several weeks ago was a blast.

Not to mention its just fun to play, you know, not that some people actually care about the fun facter and all... :)

BTW, any confirmation on MP Clan support? Please tell me they are keeping it! The "tag" system is horrible and really limits party capabilities, I like not have to add EVERYONE to my PSN that I want to play with since we only get 100 PSN slots to mix between real life friends that may not play game with you frequently, but would kill you for not adding them to PSN and online friends that you actually play games with.

It's the best-looking Resistance campaign to date, particularly in the early stages, and in one later level. The lighting, effects, environments etc. are fantastic.

Loudninja

Hero of Canton said:
It's the best-looking Resistance campaign to date, particularly in the early stages, and in one later level. The lighting, effects, environments etc. are fantastic.
Ah yes the weather effects should be glorious.

Thrakier

Hero of Canton said:

Compare it to the MP gfx please. Is it as muddy and blurry and aliased?

.la1n

I for one welcome back our weather overlords, I missed them so in R2. Thanks for the SP impressions guys, if it was even on the same level as Resistance 1 then it was going to be instant buy. I am glad to hear that insomniac outdid theirselves again.

Thrakier said:
Compare it to the MP gfx please. Is it as muddy and blurry and aliased?

That is what they are telling us, despite what MP showed - the SP is the best looking Resistance game to date, aka not a blurry aliased mess.

Kambing

patsu said:
Just to be sure, Kambing, you are Kesucian right ?

I saw BobTheFork today. Was on his team. His game was tough ! Some of the enemies are very good. And one or two had the Atomizer. I still love my Bullseye. 8^(

Yup yup, keaucian is my psn. Yeah we definitely need to play again, with pwon and pikma. you will come to realize who the cookie monster is LOL.

To be honest, i like playing with the bulleyes more but seem to get around 30 percent more kills with the atomizer. Decisions decisions mate.

Rolf NB

I've seen a chimera player walk straight through the air on the seaside map. Like, 10 feet above ground, all the way across the road near the central bridge.

Please tell me this is a kill streak xD

Loudninja

Rolf NB said:
I've seen a chimera player walk straight through the air on the seaside map. Like, 10 feet above ground, all the way across the road near the central bridge.

Haha no its a bug they been working on, its really funny to see though.

Himself

I wonder if what seems to be an overwhelmingly positive reception to this game will bring anyone new to the franchise, or if it will win back the extremely vocal minority who hated R2 with such a passion.

Does anyone fit into one of the the above categories?

It may be too early to ask, but I'm curious about this.

patsu

TONX said:
I was only about SP until i played the beta. I'm gonna be back in the GAF Resistance clan of yore <3

Welcome back !

I also remember Akachan Ningen. GAF clan used to play custom games occasionally. I died early (often) and watched people play. Was very impressed by his careful and sleek movement around corners. He would scan the environment and back away quickly while keeping his sight ready all the time. <3. Wish I could play like that. ^_^

patsu

Moss said:
I've been playing all morning. Wish I could talk about it.

Are you done yet ? What difficulty level did you play ? Can you tell us if you want to replay the game ? ^_^

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Rolf NB said:

Some bug. I encountered some cheaters as well. Going through walls and stuff.

patsu

Kambing said:
Yup yup, keaucian is my psn. Yeah we definitely need to play again, with pwon and pikma. you will come to realize who the cookie monster is LOL.

To be honest, i like playing with the bulleyes more but seem to get around 30 percent more kills with the atomizer. Decisions decisions mate.

Heh heh, I played against 3 of you at first because I joined late. Get to see how well I fare going up against Gaffers. ^_^

Also played against Cornbread78. He's in clan 501. Unfortunately wife needed to talk, so our encounter was spotty and short.

Ravage

Can't wait to get my hands on a copy. I'm more excited about the SP though, all the previews so far look so damn good.

Drewfonse

Hero of Canton said:

I'm not trying to be an ass, but the fact that it will be the best looking R game should be a given. What is worrying a lot of people is that the MP beta is not a looker, to put it mildly. Neither was the lackluster "old code" boat demo from a few months back. I'm anticipating a pretty big SP visual jump from that boat demo to the final code. Accurate assessment?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Always-honest said:
I'm pretty sure i'm playing it.. in europe. But i think it was an american code.

Edit: When is the demo out? This thursday?

Demo hits PSN Store update next week in USA at least. Not sure if it got through for Europe, but hopefully

patsu

Himself said:
I wonder if what seems to be an overwhelmingly positive reception to this game will bring anyone new to the franchise, or if it will win back the extremely vocal minority who hated R2 with such a passion.

Does anyone fit into one of the the above categories?

It may be too early to ask, but I'm curious about this.

Unlikely to bring back Kittonwy until _perhaps_ he turns 50-60 I think. For old time sake. LOL.

Ashes

Banned
Drewfonse said:
I'm not trying to be an ass, but the fact that it will be the best looking R game should be a given. What is worrying a lot of people is that the MP beta is not a looker, to put it mildly. Neither was the lackluster "old code" boat demo from a few months back. I'm anticipating a pretty big SP visual jump from that boat demo to the final code. Accurate assessment?

Depends how you define 'pretty big jump'. I think they are aiming more from the effects, styles, cinematography side, rather than 'omg 1080p grafix, look at dem pixels'. :p

I reckon it'll be pretty close to the preview builds; shop around they are all over the place. I'm also pretty sure we're at a point where we know, or are pretty close, to what direction they are taking in.

I recommend the preview build, where insomniac devs do a commentary with the game-website in question.

I think I'd buy a director's commentary for a couple of pounds as dlc, for games like this and Bioshock.

ps. I'd lol, if someone said: omg, how can this game be 9/10, if it doesn't look like battlefield 3.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
.la1n said:

That's weird - we've put out a ton of video captures from the game.

Loudninja

Resistance 3: The most well-rounded shooter on PS3?
With the last scraps of the human race forced underground or into tiny pockets of resistance fighters dotted around the world, the game does a great job of making you feel like you can never quite stem the tide of the alien invasion. Lead character Joseph Capelli is little more than the sticking plaster placed over the shotgun wound.

That's not to say that he isn't planning to go out without a fight so it's a credit to devs Insomniac that they've made the process of taking down as many Chimera with you as possible immensely satisfying.

Exotic weaponry has always been a key selling point for past Resistance games and finding different ways to turn aliens into chunks of extra terrestrial meat is surprisingly cheery for a game otherwise so bleak it makes Metro 2033 look like the Wizard of Oz.

Resistance 3 is definitely no walk in the only-just-pre-apocalyptic park; the different breeds of Chimera are not only smart enough to outflank you (and use wall-penetrating weapons like the Auger-2) but (in the case of creatures like the Longlegs) leap right into your face to finish you off up close.
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...tance-3-the-most-well-rounded-shooter-on-ps3/

Top Bottom