• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: What ever happened to Officer Barbrady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
South Park: What ever happened to Officer Barbrady?

I remember there was an episode where some people were offed, including Mrs. Crabtree, but I can't remember for the life of me what happened to Officer Barbrady.

Odysseus

Banned
he thought he was too big for the small screen. let his contract expire with the thought of making it big in action films. you can now catch him working small comedy clubs in rural nebraska.

rezuth

I never really liked him to be honest, I can see why he was slowly phased out. I did find it odd not seeing in the episode where Cartman becomes Dog the bounty hunter.

Nice!

crucified.jpg

T is for Turtle!

Zonar

Bert409 said:
The show dropped all characters that are not 4th graders, their parents, and school staff.
i don't know if your joking or not.

Officer Barbrady was way to close to the simpsons cop character anyway.

Darko

Bert409 said:
The show dropped all characters that are not 4th graders, their parents, and school staff.

:lol what the fuck are you talking about..

i totally forgot about officer barbrady lol

Xeke

Banned
Bert409 said:

I'm pretty sure towlie will show up again. Satan was in season 10.

Somewhere along the line, Matt & Trey made the South Park police for much bigger with a real department lead by that red head cop. I guess they couldn't come up for any more material for the brainless cop and wanted a more stereotypical hard nosed cop.

Move along, there's nothing to see here.

way more

I hope he's not gone. He was my favorite character.

But I think they just haven't featured him recently. The cast is huge now so I'm not about to spaz out.

Gruco

Banned
Yeah, the Little Crime Stoppers episode definitely expanded the south park police and pushed Barbrady aside. Toiler Paper (3 episodes before Little Crime Stoppers) is the last one where I think he had a major role.

They've definitely slowly phased out a lot of the the older, more commonly seen characters. The Mayor, for example, has only had die hippie die as a major role in years....actually, Barbrady might have in in that too. They still show up every once in a while, but with the perfection of the Randy and Butters characters...eh. Nobody should be missing them.

Especially Pip.

Zenith

Banned
you can occasionally catch barbrady in background scenes making up a crowd with lots of other unimportant characters. he's been replaced with those 2 (funnier) detectives.

Yeah the red headed detective is much funnier. He's one character I don't miss. Dont' really miss Mrs. Crabtree either. I love how they killed her off. She got killed by a serial killer in one episode and one of the cops said "poor mrs. crabtree. she just wasn't funny anymore so that's why she got killed" or something like that.

The new cop stopped being funny after a few episodes. His character is too one-dimensional, much like most characters in South Park nowadays. Officer Barbrady was much funnier.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
nincompoop said:
The new cop stopped being funny after a few episodes. His character is too one-dimensional, much like most characters in South Park nowadays. Officer Barbrady was much funnier.
I kinda feel that way too. They're both sort of one-dimensional, actually, but Barbrady's shtick was funnier IMO. The best dumb tv cop ever.

batbeg

Barbrady is only occasionally funny, I don't miss him at all. I especially like the new cop since the episode with Michael Jackson though, where he's freaking out about how he almost hurt a white person.

Milabrega

Didn't the Voice actor that played Barbrady die and thats why he eventually got replaced? (there are one or two episodes with a different Voice actor, and its very noticeable)

batbeg

Milabrega said:
Didn't the Voice actor that played Barbrady die and thats why he eventually got replaced? (there are one or two episodes with a different Voice actor, and its very noticeable)

Trey Parker died?

Pro-tip: Most of South Park characters are voiced by Matt Stone and Trey Parker, and like two others I think

batbeg

DKnight said:
Who the fuck cares???
the real question is:
WHERE IS PIP!!!??

I hate Pip, that little French piece of shit. He has one good episode (Dodgeball), a bunch of shit episodes (all the others), and one horribly shit episode (Great Expectations).

Wherever he went, he can stay there. Butters is in every way his superior.

batbeg said:
I hate Pip, that little French piece of shit. He has one good episode (Dodgeball), a bunch of shit episodes (all the others), and one horribly shit episode (Great Expectations).

Dude he is British!

LakeEarth

Milabrega said:
You might be mixing up the person who did almost all the female voices in seasons 1-2, who killed herself. Which is why Wendy's voice has changed so much, though whoever they got to replace Kyle's mom does a good job sounding the same.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
batbeg said:

You can't be serious... the great expectations mockup was fucking awesome :lol :lol

explodet

Tweek - one of my personal favorite characters - had a good run as Kenny's replacement (after they turfed Butters). But too much of him can be annoying, even Parker admits this. He still shows up for a line or two every now and again. Or just a twitch.

Barbrady had one of the best lines of the second season:

Well, first of all I'd like to thank the town of South Park, the town that borne me, and eventually will rob me of my life precious. Second, I'd like to say to all those out there who think they can screw chickens just to teach people to read: your days are numbered! And finally, I'd like to say that reading totally sucks ass!

Yes, at first I was happy to be learning how to read, it seemed exciting and magical. But then I read this: Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. I read every last word of this garbage, and because of this piece of sh*t, I am never reading again!

batbeg said:

Are you kidding? The great expectations episode is a top tier episode!

I wish they'd do more episodes like that. That episode and Butter's Very Own Episode are like two of my favourites.

I always liked Barbrady's line in the Pink Eye episode where he tells Chef, in his Evel Knievel costume, to jump over the zombies on his rocket cycle.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
BobFromPikeCreek said:
Are you kidding? The great expectations episode is a top tier episode!

I wish they'd do more episodes like that. That episode and Butter's Very Own Episode are like two of my favourites.

The Great Expectations episode is one of the few I'll never watch again. Its right up there with Not Without My Anus in the hall of shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom