• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koshien 2017 | Japan National High School Baseball Tournament

Monumma

back to back to back hits for waseda to start the 7th. 5-1, no out, runners on second and third. maybe?

5-2 on an infield hit, runners at the corners. stole 2nd base.
K.
Popup to Shortstop.
K.

Monumma

Bottom of the ninth inning.
Sakamoto singles.
Suzuki hits right back to the pitcher, double play.
K! Game over!

Nice game by Togou. HItless through 4, 11K. He was in trouble in the 7th and he came out of it. (140 pitches, for those keeping count)

Beckx

Sorry, I've been devoured by the Frozen Throne in Hearthstone all day and forgot to update with today's games.

But we are underway!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just got back, how was this game overall? I still can't get over the one we watched yesterday with that incredible comeback. lol

Beckx

Just got back, how was this game overall? I still can't get over the one we watched yesterday with that incredible comeback. lol

We may be in the middle of another one! Tying run at bat but two outs.

Man, they lost but at 10-3 I never expected them to come back.

Game was really good, things got out of hand in the 8th.

Lucumo

4 runs so far is certainly no comfortable lead for Shugakukan.

Osaka Toin later today, too bad I will miss a bit of it.

/edit: As I said: 4-1 now, thanks to a nice 3rd-base steal followed by a sacrificial fly...and a double play...

Beckx

Feel like Yokohama has to make something here. They do get one and still threatening.

Going to miss Osaka Toin as well, bummer.

Lucumo

Shugakukan 6-4 Yokohama

Nice end. What is annoying (and what they still haven't fixed), for some games the names of the teams are reversed for the stream.

Lucumo

More games (it's been four games every day all week so far, except on Tuesday because of the opening ceremony).

Konan vs Chiben Wakayama
Osaka Toin vs Yonago Shoin

If the game now takes a while, I might not even miss the beginning of Osaka Toin.

Monumma

6 run inning by Kounan against cincinnati. 0-6.

edit: Chiben Wakayama answers back with 2, but it could have been more. a DP with bases loaded ends the inning.
edit: 2 Run homrerun by Hayashi. 4-6, 0 outs in the 5th.
edit: changing pitchers didnt help, Tomita homer himself, tie game!

Lucumo

Another 2-run HR, 6-6 now.

Damn, now I hope the game ends before I have to be away for a bit (highly unlikely).

Lucumo

That position switch, pitcher gone after 30 pitches. Now I really fear for Konan (who I kinda want to win).

/edit: 7-6 now, not surprising. The double play prevents further runs, for this inning at least.

8-6 aaah

edit: 9-6 9th inning....

edit edit: can't possibly scores 4 runs in the bottom of 9th inning, right??? :D

edit edit edit: 2 outs .... aaaah

Monumma

Hi, I'm Tokuyama Soma, I am the ace for the spring champions and summer contender Osaka Toin. I can reach the low 90s on my fastball and have above average control.

Pls draft me.

Only three games though, unfortunately. Last game of the day will be the first round 2 game.

aaah, but... but at least i can watch THREE whole games

i usually only catch one and a half ; __ ;

but it's friday night here now and it's beer o'clock \o/

see you guys tomorrow ^ ____ ^

Lucumo

but it's friday night here now and it's beer o'clock \o/

Friday "night" already? NZ?

mol610_lrg-550x550-600x600.jpg

See you.

Beckx

going to miss most of the games until late night, arrgh. I gather Toin looked super strong?

only two games on the schedule today, start time 9:30 am Japan, 8:30 pm US east coast

Top Bottom