• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brutal death scenes in old games *NSFW*

Phediuk

GIFs preferred. Bring your barf bags, we're heading in.

Waxworks had this gnarly one.

1442907498605.gif

And how about Eternal Champions CD?

I'm sure everyone's expecting Bionic Commando here, too:

For a non-gory but still disturbing example, how about Legend of Kyrandia?

Heart of Darkness provides some E-rated examples. I couldn't find a gif of the bird tearing the kid's flesh, though:

post more.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
People who post images without titles are worse than people who avatar quote themselves.

13ruce

Banned
Metal Gear Solid 2 Solidus Snake his death or well... He survives and gets a fate worse after that.

Raiden pierces a blade trough him and he is impaled by a liberty statue as he falls of the roof. He survives that and goes in coma but his flesh is used to recontruct Big Boss his destroyed body and after that still is in coma and dies in mgs 4 in a fire (it gets thrown in fire by liquids ocelots men).

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I have no know-how, so if anyone could make a gif out of this amazing beheading scene from Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (just the beheading and the head rolling off, 0:20-0:24), I'd be very, very grateful ^_^

(spoilers obv.)

https://youtu.be/6fD8eNhv7M4?t=19

I don't care how dated the CG is: that remains my favourite video game cut scene of all time. It's completely unapologetic, no fade to black/cut to a shadow/any kind of self-censorship, yet without any stupid tacky edginess. And holy shit it's satisfying, that piece of shit really deserved it. :) Oh and it has my favourite track from the game too, Awakening to the World

megalowho

Sierra comes to mind. Not always brutal but pretty savage for point and click adventures.

Quest for Glory I
JiTaINP.gif

Laura Bow: The Dagger of Amon Ra
giphy.gif

Leisure Suit Larry
giphy.gif

Ravelle

I couldn't find any gifs but here are all death scenes in Phantasmagoria.

Edit: Quik was just ahead of me I see!

Also those Heart of Darkness gifs bring back memories, I believe I returned the game two days in because I couldn't get past the third level/screen or something.

Tareskog

I'm unable to find and post gifs right now, but Dragonsphere has some memorable imo.

Also that Simba gif, wasn't that from a bootleg version?

Top Bottom