• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT5| Zenophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herms tweet about 17 and when he will apear:

No.17 will be appearing in Super starting with ep.86, airing April 16th.
84.gif

I just hope the next arc takes place in a bunch of different areas and settings. So far it seems like Super took place in the following places:

1) Neutral planet between U6/U7
2) Present Day Bulma's backyard
3) Future Bulma's backyard
4) Battle Royal Stage

I do love the settings in the in between episodes and filler. Hit's cyber punk city for example was pretty dope. City battles are not something that happens much in the series outside of Saiyman. Guess it makes sense to not fight in populated areas, but I miss destructive terrain's.

Also I can use an entire episode of powering up and yelling. That shit pumps me up to this day.

ZangBa

40 hours seems absurd considering the other universes are unlikely to have special relationships with mortals in their universe like 7 does. They have to find 10 random people that quick and somehow get them all working together lol. Good fucking luck.

Kevinroc

40 hours seems absurd considering the other universes are unlikely to have special relationships with mortals in their universe like 7 does. They have to find 10 random people that quick and somehow get them all working together lol. Good fucking luck.

We have no idea what kind of relationship the other universes have between their Gods and their mortal champions.

It could be whatever they want.

ElFly

well Beerus and Whis seemed to have a somewhat close following of who were the strongest mortals between Beerus' naps

assuming the other universes are better run, it'd be not rare if their gods have a good sense of who the strongest guys in their respective universes are

the angels do not seem to be omniscient, but at least seem to be able to discover anything they want to with their staves

Ogodei

I mean, power being a factor makes sense but from the sound of it power is far from the most important part of the math.

I still say it's something like Enlightenment, which would include technology, but would also include holding views that agree with the Gods, so it makes sense why the more enlightened universes wouldn't attempt Time Travel even if human earth is apparently only 20 years away. Species that get that smart are usually godly enough to know better.

Annubis

well Beerus and Whis seemed to have a somewhat close following of who were the strongest mortals between Beerus' naps

assuming the other universes are better run, it'd be not rare if their gods have a good sense of who the strongest guys in their respective universes are

the angels do not seem to be omniscient, but at least seem to be able to discover anything they want to with their staves

The Kais would be the ones usually tracking this I imagine.
Just have the Great Kai ask the Kais a list of their top men.

Beerus must feel like a doofus for being asleep while Buu was fucking shit up. Though maybe he wasn't a GoD by then. Also I wonder about Beerus & Champa's backstory. Are they legit brothers or are they just have a connection due to the twin universe thing? If it's the later than they must be from Universe 12, because there is a character in the intro that looks to be of the same race as Beerus and Champa.

Beerus must feel like a doofus for being asleep while Buu was fucking shit up. Though maybe he wasn't a GoD by then. Also I wonder about Beerus & Champa's backstory. Are they legit brothers or are they just have a connection due to the twin universe thing? If it's the later than they must be from Universe 12, because there is a character in the intro that looks to be of the same race as Beerus and Champa.

If Beerus sealed up the Elder Supreme Kai in the Z Sword, then he should have been a God when Buu was resurrected by Bibidi.

ElFly

The Kais would be the ones usually tracking this I imagine.
Just have the Great Kai ask the Kais a list of their top men.

Well dunno

At least one universe seems. To have a mortal lined up to be the next GoD so I guess that's the angel handiwork

So what's the deal with U7 having 5 Supreme Kais before Buu cleaned house? Do other universes have more than one and we're only just seeing the dai kaioshin of their universe? Is there a minor retcon and U7 dai kaioshin was actually the real/only Supreme Kai and Shin and the others were in Zamasu's role?(oh wait the earrings) U7 Dai Kaioshin was probably a lazy bum and promoted a bunch of kais so he didn't have to do everything.

So what's the deal with U7 having 5 Supreme Kais before Buu cleaned house? Do other universes have more than one and we're only just seeing the dai kaioshin of their universe? Is there a minor retcon and U7 dai kaioshin was actually the real/only Supreme Kai and Shin and the others were in Zamasu's role?(oh wait the earrings) U7 Dai Kaioshin was probably a lazy bum and promoted a bunch of kais so he didn't have to do everything.

My guess is that it's because Universe 7 is a garbage universe so they needed lots of Kaioshin. Universe 9 just doesn't give enough of a fuck.

Rutger

Banned
For Toriyama? You got a point, but why even use it than?

Because it's a fun concept?
Toriyama playing around with sillier ideas is always enjoyable.

It's not a big loss to me if fusions don't get much use in Super, because at least the concept is the star of the best Dragon Ball video game, but it would be a shame if it was ignored.
We need Toriyama to say that fusions have found a way around increased power shortening the time limit if we want them to be relevant now(I do like that Potara's have a time limit now though, it'll get around needing a wish or "evil air" to reverse them, which would make them easier to fit into the story).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Toriyama was lazy and/or forgot that the other universes were suppose to have more kais.

Also Super has written Shin like he's some newbie Supreme Kai even though we know he's been on the job for thousands of years.

Ogodei

My guess is that it's because Universe 7 is a garbage universe so they needed lots of Kaioshin. Universe 9 just doesn't give enough of a fuck.

More Kaioshin were appointed specifically to deal with Buu. Since he culled the herd back down to a normal level at the same time that he was sealed, Zeno decided to just leave it as is.

Big One

Banned
Toriyama was lazy and/or forgot that the other universes were suppose to have more kais.

Also Super has written Shin like he's some newbie Supreme Kai even though we know he's been on the job for thousands of years.
My theory is that only the Dai Kaoishin is the one that counts, and Shin is the current one due to Boo's meddling. I think Shin might've been somewhat like Zamasu was going to be before he went rogue.

Got around to watching the current ep, really wanted goku to
get destroyed so he would think twice about what's going on..
nope, should have expected it really.

LNBL

What if Hit wins the Tournament for Universe 6 and wishes U7 earth to be transferred to his Universe 6. Would be a cool setup for a next arc haha

That is perfectly in-character considering how he handled Buu's revival.

Tamanon

Banned
I wonder if the whole thing is going to end with some grand sacrifice by Goku to save the Universes.

Or he'll just win with a big ki blast.

J-Rod

What if Hit wins the Tournament for Universe 6 and wishes U7 earth to be transferred to his Universe 6. Would be a cool setup for a next arc haha

I wouldn't be surprised if u7 loses and something like that happens because of goku's charm. Goku's ability to make friends with just about anybody does seem to be a consistent theme.

So is the trounament arena going to be the size of a planet or really small? Seems weird that a free for all would be confined to a small space.

I'll be completely shocked if Hit doesn't job in the tournament.

Goku vs Jiren.

Jiren is about to finish Goku off, after a well fought battle. An injured Hit comes out of nowhere and assassinates Jiren with his invisible ki blast.

He say's something like "No one steals my target" (Remember Hit is still hired to kill goku and said he would take his time)

Then we proceed to see a rematch between Goku vs Hit

That's almost undoubtedly the real reason lol

Regarding Shin, the kaioshin are gods, and presumably live for millions of years, if not forever

Who knows how long it takes to become a good kaioshin lol

Although we do know Shin has been around since "time immemorial" so really no excuses I guess

Goku vs Jiren.

Jiren is about to finish Goku off, after a well fought battle. An injured Hit comes out of nowhere and assassinates Jiren with his invisible ki blast.

He say's something like "No one steals my target" (Remember Hit is still hired to kill goku and said he would take his time)

Then we proceed to see a rematch between Goku vs Hit
I
Hit can't use his assassinates techniques in the tournament. If he kills anybody, even by accident, he's out.

ElFly

my guess is that they were retconned to be the kaioh

remember that zamasu was a kaioh who got chosen to succeed the kaiohshin

so the other guys were the kaiohs, they got all killed or absorbed, the surviving east kaioh got upgraded to kaiohshin, and kai people of low stock got ascended to kaioh -explaining why King Kai is fat and ugly while Zamasu is tall and beautiful-

Shin had no one around to educate him on his job. Zamasu had Gowasu, but the U7 Kaiohshin got killed before he could finish the education of whoever was supposed to succeed him -not necessarily Shin-

there's also the running theme of Shin being godawful at his job

caliph95

my guess is that they were retconned to be the kaioh

remember that zamasu was a kaioh who got chosen to succeed the kaiohshin

so the other guys were the kaiohs, they got all killed or absorbed, the surviving east kaioh got upgraded to kaiohshin, and kai people of low stock got ascended to kaioh -explaining why King Kai is fat and ugly while Zamasu is tall and beautiful-

\
Why didn't Beerus die then when the Supreme Kai died but GoD of U10 did when Gowasu died even though Zamasu was still alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom