• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Sojgat

So what's with the awful lag for the last week or so?

I've been playing since launch and it's never been this bad (Australia here).

Titanfall 2 is loads of fun! Although only as a casual play anytime grind out levels kind of game.

I've never played the original, is it still populated enough to get games on PC?

Frothy just posted a pretty lengthy video putting together the gripes/complaints regarding Titanfall 2 from competitive Titanfall players

I find this interesting since, if my memory serves correctly, he was the one with videos about how all the changes made in TF2 were "fine" and the community should cool their heels on all the changes Respawn made from the first game.

Competitive should be bottom barrel in terms of concerns for Respawn. This game, given the very nature of Titans, will never ever satisfy whatever fledgling comp scene this game has, nor should it attempt to. I'd rather they side with the ideas they got so right in the first game. I want it to be an unbalanced mess with lots of overpowered options for people to pick. I want Titan customization back and I want Titans to feel like bad asses and not walking kill streaks who need batteries to continue.

Frothy is just a narrator of that video, the opinions are not his own. He explicitly stated that at the beginning of the video AND in the description.

giphy.gif

Honestly, seeing some of the warpaints on other guns (specifically the G2 "Masterwork") makes me wish they would have sold them as a Shader/Texture Pack that can be applied to multiple weapons.

Getting matched against a stack when your randos cant get over 5 kills

TZpPskP.jpg

"30 ping" that feels like Im playing on someones wifi a block away. Awful. Just got off Overwatch and not a hitch.

Re-installed a couple of days ago and I've been playing Frontier Defense...

I'm hooked to this game again. Best FPS this gen just got bester.

I'm diggin' Northstar and Scorch, I think Scorch might be the best overall Titan. He's the Lavar Ball of FD: stay in yo lane!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is Monarch viable in real games? In FD it's really good with its sustain, but having to survive long enough to get three cores in order to be fully powered up in a real match seems impossible.

Whats the difference between slide hopping and button hopping? Isnt slide hopping whats done in TF2?

You mean bunny hopping? That was how it was in Tf1, you just jump again the moment you hit the ground, but the timing is very tight, like a couple of frames tight. In Tf2 you have to slide the moment you hit the ground, with much more generous time frame, so it is easier than Tf1 to maintain speed, but the additional button required proved to be more difficult on consoles.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can't believe how many people camp with cloaks. They never seem to do well either so I don't know why they play that style. It is nice though at the start flanking a group of them with stim and taking out 3-4 with executions.

Lucifon

Is Monarch viable in real games? In FD it's really good with its sustain, but having to survive long enough to get three cores in order to be fully powered up in a real match seems impossible.

Absolutely! I usually get to 2 but it's possible if you play smart.

Da fuq is up with this matchmaking?

Been trying to play Frontier Defense with my son all night and it keeps timing out after connecting to a match >=(

Dipped back into this after it appeared on EA Access. Good to finally see Frontier Defence back. Is there any way to select what map you want to play? I'm getting sick of playing War Games.

I hope Frontier News is next week.

Need more updates on Frontier Defense with more maps and maybe Pilot only ones with Aegis upgrades to Tactical Abilities?
Dipped back into this after it appeared on EA Access. Good to finally see Frontier Defence back. Is there any way to select what map you want to play? I'm getting sick of playing War Games.
Map selection is randomized

Honestly, seeing some of the warpaints on other guns (specifically the G2 "Masterwork") makes me wish they would have sold them as a Shader/Texture Pack that can be applied to multiple weapons.

Honestly that would be the only way I'd pay $4.99 for any of them, the skins just being on one gun isn't enough to me. Even with the credit boost or whatever it is.

grendelrt

Wow I got on tonight after like a week off and the lag was insane , everyone was rubber banding all over the place. Noped out after my first match.

Not like last night, I have played since launch and last night was waayyyyy worse than I have ever seen it.

Its not uncommon on PS4 at least

I had several disconnects last night which I believe was a first. It would hang on STARTING SERVER, you'd hear the sound, and get kicked to the main menu.

Do wish that they added a way to ping the goddamn map to indicate to fuckers that those goddamn mortar titans on the other side of the map need taking care of, or that some titans and reavers are going around and are about to hit the harvester from the side

without involving a mic obv

is interesting though...ive experienced the most losses while playing on easy, apparently because looking at map b hard

Do wish that they added a way to ping the goddamn map to indicate to fuckers that those goddamn mortar titans on the other side of the map need taking care of, or that some titans and reavers are going around and are about to hit the harvester from the side

without involving a mic obv

is interesting though...ive experienced the most losses while playing on easy, apparently because looking at map b hard

You'd think that the minimap and audio cues from Davis and Droz would be enough, but yeah, some people just get too caught up in what they're doing. I hate it when I'm in a tank and have to be the one to go after mortar titans.

You'd think that the minimap and audio cues from Davis and Droz would be enough, but yeah, some people just get too caught up in what they're doing. I hate it when I'm in a tank and have to be the one to go after mortar titans.

moments like that are legit why i sometimes regret not picking up the titan thingie that improves their AI when you leave them.

Tbf i never tested the thingie above Regular, but at least up to that level? Heck, can just leave a Northstar or a Scorch in a decent position and go hunt the fuckers down on foot.

moments like that are legit why i sometimes regret not picking up the titan thingie that improves their AI when you leave them.

Tbf i never tested the thingie above Regular, but at least up to that level? Heck, can just leave a Northstar or a Scorch in a decent position and go hunt the fuckers down on foot.

Enhanced auto chip is not going to be as effective as a piloted Titan, especially on hard difficulty and higher. Your DPS is never going to be as good as your titan, and auto-pilot is not as good as the computer's AI. You also have a higher chance of dying while on foot. Obviously, you should exit your titan to repair turrets or jump up to where mortar spectres are impossible to hit with your titan, but almost every other scenario is better when you're piloting your titan.

Yah, is what i was trying to say, only ditch the titan if i gotta get to some mortars and it's quicker on foot. Scorch helps a ton there since the thermite arcs.

Also am i missing something or is Legion just dreadfully boring to handle? Every other titan seems to have a bit of a flow with using abilities and the main wep, Legion just seems to be "sit on a choke, rev up, hold that trigger down and pop shield erry time its off cooldown and theres an enemy in front of ya"

Respawn, please fix the enemy Titan fall notifications. If you're not directly under them when they're called in then you aren't receiving a notification. Walking into an area where one was called should still notify you.

Thanks

Greedings

Just started playing again and tried out frontier defence.

It's surprisingly fun having a blast playing it, just two small complaints:

If there's a ronin on your team, they're getting top points. If you're ronin you're getting top points. Ronin is such a kill stealing machine it kinda ruins it.

I also wish there was some sort of more interesting progression. Even some lame trophies like "win hard with each titan." Just something to keep me going.

If there's a ronin on your team, they're getting top points. If you're ronin you're getting top points. Ronin is such a kill stealing machine it kinda ruins it.

I also wish there was some sort of more interesting progression. Even some lame trophies like "win hard with each titan." Just something to keep me going.

That... doesn't really happen. Scorchs, Ions, Tones and Northstars are all much more versatile and capable of dealing vastly more damage than Ronins, especially in higher difficulty levels. Just too many titans around, and single target loses out. Scorch in particular is an absolute points monster.

there is something for clearing a map perfectly, iirc. That is, no harvester damage, one life, one titan.

Eh, frontier defense is a team game, and it really doesn't matter how many points you end up as long as you're contributing (Ronin going after mortar titans and cleaning up, Scorch/Legion tanking near the harvester, Monarch either DPS in regular or support in harder difficulties, and the others for general damage). The XP you earn at the end isn't dependent on your score either.

Also on higher difficulties, Scorches and Northstars probably get the highest scores. Scorch for his AoE damage and Northstar for her piercing shots and AoE. Ronin is actually kind of lacking in the harder difficulties because of the amount of damage the AI dishes out.

Respawn, thank for a great time with your game, with many hours of entertainment, but I'm calling it quits.

The weird input lag and just in general laggy servers have made the game unplayable on my end.

I await TF3.

Greedings

Eh I've mainly been using Scorch and on certain maps he is ridiculously good, He can hold a lane by himself.

I get that it's a team game, but I like seeing points, and I think that links in to what I said about not having amazing progression. I really like that you get more Xp for having all different Titans, I always switch up to make sure we get gather bonus.

In PVP where has the meta moved to with the guns? I felt like CAR is still probably the best gun out there.

Eh I've mainly been using Scorch and on certain maps he is ridiculously good, He can hold a lane by himself.

I get that it's a team game, but I like seeing points, and I think that links in to what I said about not having amazing progression. I really like that you get more Xp for having all different Titans, I always switch up to make sure we get gather bonus.

Given that higher difficulties radically alter the waves and give significantly more xp, i'm having a bit of trouble seeing what they could do to improve that regard.

Greedings

Given that higher difficulties radically alter the waves and give significantly more xp, i'm having a bit of trouble seeing what they could do to improve that regard.

I've only played on medium so far. Switching between the titans a lot means that nothing is ready for hard yet.
Look forward to trying out hard though, maybe with the increased XP it'll make it more interesting.

In PVP where has the meta moved to with the guns? I felt like CAR is still probably the best gun out there.

I don't disagree with you there. The progression is dull and pretty much a grind, and the harder difficulties only really speed it up without giving you anything interesting to shoot for.

The bigger problem that I've noticed though is that lower difficulties don't really teach newer players what's actually effective in Hard/Master/Insane. By the time, you see someone jump in on Hard, terrible habits have formed already. Tanks pushing up away from the harvester because they want the points -- your harvester is toast in hard. Putting your titan on auto while you go rodeoing -- congrats, you basically take one of your team's titans out of the game while you die from the AI titans 360 no-scoping you. All of those turrets you're used to racking up dozens of drone/grunt kills -- disabled in a second and you're spending more time outside of your titan repairing them. That really expensive harvester shield boost that no one saves up for (rightfully so in easy/regular) -- really useful when you have 5 Nuke Legions getting through those tanks that pushed up too far.

I don't play a lot of horde mode games so maybe that's just the nature of it.

Top Bottom