• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Officially Reveals Multiplayer-Only Warhawk (WOWOWOWOW PS3)!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
From the PS3 Insider boards (Makaze-IGN):

So everybody wants to know what this game is all about, and we're going to tell you.

Friday, March 2 - IGN Weekly Special
We went to Incog, got access that nobody else did, received a metric ton of footage, and had a lot of fun.

Tuesday, March 6 -- Hands-on update + HD footage
Pretty much says it all. Look for it.

Ooooooh boy, this is gonna be awesome.

Elios83

Maybe 1up has something about it too. They have been invited at the same press event and I doubt their embargo expires later than IGN's.

Jim

Pretty sure all MEDIA (screens/video) still under embargo until the 6th. They may be able to talk about it some though.

pswii60

chubigans said:
From the PS3 Insider boards (Makaze-IGN):

So everybody wants to know what this game is all about, and we're going to tell you.

We went to Incog, got access that nobody else did, received a metric ton of footage, and had a lot of fun.

Tuesday, March 6 -- Hands-on update + HD footage
Pretty much says it all. Look for it.

Ooooooh boy, this is gonna be awesome.

Huh? it's says tonight. but this is tomorrow :(

damn you chubby for building my hopes up, a whole extra day to wait.

Elios83 said:
Maybe 1up has something about it too. They have been invited at the same press event and I doubt their embargo expires later than IGN's.

Supposedly, this is an exclusive.

And Jeremy claims that "it's better than the E3 version was for sure", so I guess we'll see.

JB1981

Jim said:
Pretty sure all MEDIA (screens/video) still under embargo until the 6th. They may be able to talk about it some though.

embargoed til after the GDC announcement, eh? ;)

careksims

Tomorow then? gah! Oh well! *keeps fingers cross* that was one of the reasons I got a PS3 for so I hope it turns out well.

Elios83

AltogetherAndrews said:
Supposedly, this is an exclusive.

And Jeremy claims that "it's better than the E3 version was for sure", so I guess we'll see.

Ah ok, sucks not to be IGN then :D

Oh and with nearly a year of added development I would hope that it's better than at E3 :lol :lol (it was already much better at TGS actually). But I'm not very interested in this game because of the genre, I'm more excited for the Lair/HS duo and I hope there are embargos ending around GDC for those titles too.

J-Rzez

There's been a ton of confusion over this, and hopefully someone sheds light on it... I'm all for a PSstore download, for a sliver of a full title price, if it's just Online MP with many modes... Dogfight, protect your base from those big battleships, protect those big battleships in transit, some form of CTF... and if it was a war like how it was in Chromehounds, that'd be awesome!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
this is gonna be interesting

on a side note, PS3 pre-EU launch hype is building up pretty nicely.

antiloop

I lost some faith after the last rumors.. I hope this will restore it a little.

Warhawk on PS1 was so much fun at the time.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
TTP said:
This.
Is.
SPARTA!
:lol

Seriously I was excited for tonight, but now I have to wait another 24+ hours. :/

I suppose this is the key thing though..
Fun is always good. Then again, who knows what standards fun is gaged by with IGN.

antiloop said:
I lost some faith after the last rumors.. I hope this will restore it a little.

I actually kind of liked the rumors. I mean, is there anyone here who wouldn't buy Warhawk as a DL game, assuming the price is reasonable? It'd certainly make a good showcase for what digitally distributed games on the PSN can be like.

And no, I'm not actually asking for names of people who wouldn't buy it.

jett said:
I have little faith for this, but we'll see.

this went from one of the most interesting PS3 titles to least for me. I was actually most happy when i thought it to be nothing more than a flight game with badass clouds and tons of craft in the air... such a what the **** happened situation

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bad_Boy said:
Fun is always good. Then again, who knows what standards fun is gaged by with IGN.

They dont state they had fun with the game. They might refer to hookers for all we know.

Dante said:
Woo Hoo! Can't wait to hear more.

Care to elaborate on this troll?

It's not a troll comment.
I'm just saying that theres a strong possibility that it will dissapoint.
Red Steel was a high profile game that promised an amazing experience, however it barely delivered on this promise. In other words, it was a let down considering the hype.

Warhawk can very well be on the same path.

Is there actually someone on this board that will argue the possibility of another over hyped game?

I'm still ITCHING for a reason to buy a ps3. Lets hope (for sony's sake) that this game is actually good. I'm just not going to get let down again.

Durante

meltpotato said:
I was actually most happy when i thought it to be nothing more than a flight game with badass clouds and tons of craft in the air... such a what the **** happened situation
Exactly. At this point I hope they ditch all the farfetched concepts, go back to the flying & shooting at stuff and release it on PSN.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
More tidbits of info:

So is it better or worse? Hot or not?

IGN: It's better than the E3 version was for sure.

Yowza.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
chubigans said:
More tidbits of info:

Yowza.

New IGN tidbit:

IGN: Warhawk has some interesting things in it.

HARD HITTING JOURNALISM

Dante

Scopebob Sniperpants said:
It's not a troll comment.
I'm just saying that theres a strong possibility that it will dissapoint.
Red Steel was a high profile game that promised an amazing experience, however it barely delivered on this promise. In other words, it was a let down considering the hype.

Warhawk can very well be on the same path.

Is there actually someone on this board that will argue the possibility of another over hyped game?

I'm still ITCHING for a reason to buy a ps3. Lets hope (for sony's sake) that this game is actually good. I'm just not going to get let down again.

"So is it better or worse? Hot or not?"

"IGN: It's better than the E3 version was for sure."

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
What drives me nuts is that Jim, Im sure, knows all about Warhawk.

C'mon, what's one little embargo broken?

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
chubigans said:
More tidbits of info:

Yowza.

Exicement for this game +1000000

Friday cannot come any sooner. Loved Warhawk, come on Incog don't let me down.

methane47

/pees pants...

OHHhhh GAWD!!! EXcitement Am OUR the Total!! (is that how OUR tHE is used?)

anywho... this game is going to kill me!!

KGKK

Banned
About damn time we see something about this game. Wonder if it is still going to simply be a downloadable game? Now where theF is Heavenly Sword!

Top Bottom