• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Albion Online |OT| Craft. Trade. Conquer.

Raxious

So the game looks really interesting, but so far I still have no clue what the game is about. It reminds me a bit of Runescape. What's the goal in this game?

So the game looks really interesting, but so far I still have no clue what the game is about. It reminds me a bit of Runescape. What's the goal in this game?

Theres no set goal. You can focus on being a specialized crafter or gatherer to supply people or your guild, can partake in player wars for territory control, be a trader leveraging the supply and demand of local towns auction houses, be a farmer, run pve dungeons, etc

Theres no set goal. You can focus on being a specialized crafter or gatherer to supply people or your guild, can partake in player wars for territory control, be a trader leveraging the supply and demand of local towns auction houses, be a farmer, run pve dungeons, etc

This is what has me most interested. Like I hope that as a single-player, maybe duo sometime with a family member we can be an amazing supplier of arms or armor or tools, etc.

In most MMOs though this is controlled by the largest guilds which really makes these kinds of aspirations a quick turn-off as there is no way to keep up with the big dogs.

I really can't find how to join the guild, it doesn't appear to me in the list and if I click on it via friends there's no "join" button anywhere

Won

Decided to jump in. 43 min queue. I guess not today.

I assume this means the game is a success for now.

sKin1337

Banned
Would 100% give this a try if there was some kind of trial.

$30 seems pretty steep for a game built towards mobile platforms, and the monthly premium stuff also seems out of place considering the initial purchase.

SRTtoZ

Premium status is per character? What the hell?!

Yep, pretty much EVE Online in a fantasy setting. I was really let down by this as well. Actually I take that back. EVE Lets you hop on another char and train normally you just can't train alts simultaneously which makes sense.

Quonny

I'm not at all defending the premium-per-character, but it seems pretty dang easy to get the silver required to buy premium.

KKRT00

$30 seems pretty steep for a game built towards mobile platforms, and the monthly premium stuff also seems out of place considering the initial purchase.

I wouldnt call this game built towards mobile platforms.

SRTtoZ

I'd say its 100% built for PC and has mobile support.

Masuyo is my in-game name. Brother and friend should also be joining tonight if they ever bring the servers back up.

Feel free to add me in-game.

EDIT: We planning on doing a Discord server or anything similar?

Alastor3

Masuyo is my in-game name. Brother and friend should also be joining tonight if they ever bring the servers back up.

Feel free to add me in-game.

EDIT: We planning on doing a Discord server or anything similar?

Yeah, i'll be down to try discord even tho im french and it will be awkward

SRTtoZ

Not 100%, as UI really suffers sometimes from mobile support, but yeah at least from many gameplay design perspectives, its more of a normal PC game.

Yea your'e right. The UI really is one of my only issues as everything is so space inefficient but I guess thats for mobile. I really wish they would just have 2 separate UI's, one for PC and one for mobile.

Apt101

I voted Lymhurst because I am a selfish monster.

Healed a dungeon last night but had to leave because of severe lag. I hope I didn't piss the people off :(

HowZatOZ

Banned
Premium status is per character? What the hell?!
Honestly, there isn't really a point to have a second character. It takes a fair chunk of time just to level one character up in a specific line of skills, and it doesn't mean you can't ever know anything. Think Runescape with how going in one direction initially for character playstyle but eventually learning everything.

There's also no currency share between characters and no bank share so not a whole lot to it really. I guess if you wanted a second character for another playstyle without impacting your main but even then it's kind of pointless because you can just put that time and effort into your main and switch weapons/outfits.

From the two weeks of this game being out I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. It really does feel like old school Runescape where I was able to truly craft a playstyle personal to me, but also have fun doing that playstyle without feeling like I'm wasting time on a pointless path. Because everything is player crafted it means I feel the impact the community has and it's just awesome.

Plus, it is so nice to have an MMO that I don't have to dedicate a ridiculous amount of time to. I love that I can jump on for a few hours, craft and gather some resources knowing that I'm achieving something. Though it is hard to stop sometimes ;)

Edit: I'll get a discord up and running today hopefully, seems we have quite a few interested. Also premium isn't as game breaking as other MMOs, it is really just a way to be quicker at the grind but no actual game advantage. That and silver is so easy to get it costs nothing for 12 months.

Topper

My biggest complaint with this game so far is the lack of guild features. Being so guild focused I would of thought they would have some kind of ranking system within the guild for depositing silver or upgrading crafting stations to help keep track of everyone's efforts toward the guild, unless im missing it some where. A guild fame level or something.I've hit tier 5 in gathering as well as gear, having a lot of fun. Haven't had much success in pvp yet tho, especially when just trying to roam solo and catch someone in their own, I always run into a big ass Zerg and lose all my shit lol.

Oh man, I heard about this game a while ago. I was kind of interested in the release but I completely forgot about this game until now. Generally I suck at talking to and making friends online for guilds and multiplayer. Is it fun playing solo and will I not be bullied for not playing optimally like in other games?

Oh man, I heard about this game a while ago. I was kind of interested in the release but I completely forgot about this game until now. Generally I suck at talking to and making friends online for guilds and multiplayer. Is it fun playing solo and will I not be bullied for not playing optimally like in other games?

Just join us in the guild! I've been playing pretty much solo so far and it's fine. The guild is there to make that stuff you don't like easier for you.

Just pay your fucking taxes...

KKRT00

Honestly, there isn't really a point to have a second character. It takes a fair chunk of time just to level one character up in a specific line of skills, and it doesn't mean you can't ever know anything. Think Runescape with how going in one direction initially for character playstyle but eventually learning everything.

There's also no currency share between characters and no bank share so not a whole lot to it really. I guess if you wanted a second character for another playstyle without impacting your main but even then it's kind of pointless because you can just put that time and effort into your main and switch weapons/outfits.
The usage is quite niche, but its there.
Like you can have trading alt or low production alt somewhere else in the world. Helping friends leveling. Starting fresh again. Niche, but still can be useful.
Ok stratch all of that. There is a big reason for multiple characters - Islands and farming!

Edit: I'll get a discord up and running today hopefully, seems we have quite a few interested. Also premium isn't as game breaking as other MMOs, it is really just a way to be quicker at the grind but no actual game advantage. That and silver is so easy to get it costs nothing for 12 months.
Premium is important for Learning Points alone. And its quite easy to get Silver, but its easy to spend it too :)
And 2.5 million is not nothing :)

Raxious

what about PvE content? I heard a few streamers mention that the game is lacking in PvE content, especially endgame wise and it's basically a game meant for PvP

KKRT00

what about PvE content? I heard a few streamers mention that the game is lacking in PvE content, especially endgame wise and it's basically a game meant for PvP

There are big world bosses, there are local area bosses, the are camps to fights, there are special events on maps with bosses, there are portals to other zones with Demons, there are Instanced PVE missions.

I have not done most of them as i play solo for now, but there is content, for how long, i dont know, but its there.
Its also not easy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0X2lWp3jhA

I've added Earl the guild leader to my friends, if you see me , I still an invite!

edit: thanks to who added me!

Started a farm, is there a particular kind of seed I should use? For now I mixed beens and carrots. Also, what does watering do?

Kitbash

There's also no currency share between characters and no bank share so not a whole lot to it really.

Huh? Gold is shared across characters. You can use that to transfer silver between characters fairly painlessly.

And creating a shared bank is as easy as sticking a chest in your house and giving the other character(s) access to it.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Huh? Gold is shared across characters. You can use that to transfer silver between characters fairly painlessly.

And creating a shared bank is as easy as sticking a chest in your house and giving the other character(s) access to it.

Ah true didn't think about chest access as a makeshift bank, not too bad of an idea really for a guild bank unless the guild island comes with one. I was more talking about silver though with currency heh, I was certain gold would be across account.

Edit: The Discord server is now up! It is a tad bare but will be filled in no time with all you guys and gals loving it! I've just tagged it in emails for now so only those registered can see but I'm more than happy to make it public if that's what other's want.

DISCORD LINK QUOTE TO REVEAL

KKRT00

I cant get info what can be taxes in this game by Guilds, anyone can share?

I know that taxed can be crafting from stations and there is tax associated to picking Silver from PVE, but what else?
Can selling stuff on market be taxed?

I need more info on PvP. Why would you want to turn hostile and kill people? There seems to be nothing but negative consequences for doing so.

Lose reputation
Lose town access
Everyone wants to kill you.

Is it just kind of a "self-imposed" challenge mode?

KKRT00

I've just discovered that there are gathering sets to make your life easy if you're gathering...I guess I'll buy one

They increase gathering yield, which gives you some % chance to get additional mats.
T4 gives 10% for example.
You can also buy T3 Chicken Pie (or any higher Pie) to get extra % gathering yield bonus.
Chicken Pie gives +5%.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So if my big thing to do in MMOs is crafting/gathering, would be pretty good with the GAF guild? I love that stuff.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Sorry if this has been asked before, but the only Andriod tablet I have is last year's Fire HD8. Does anyone know if it will run on it? Thanks GAF!

arimanius

Just learned you can't reuse names after deleting a character. What an odd thing.

I was thinking about deleting my guy at the beginning but I looked this up before I did. I've been burnt by games that did this in the past.

So if my big thing to do in MMOs is crafting/gathering, would be pretty good with the GAF guild? I love that stuff.

I would think the guild and you would benefit from each other. Specially when you start gathering in pvp zones.

Yuppp! Join upp

Sorry if this has been asked before, but the only Andriod tablet I have is last year's Fire HD8. Does anyone know if it will run on it? Thanks GAF!

No idea. It runs on my phone which is almost 2 years old already but I can't give you a definitive answer. They let you download the APK from their site but I think the mobile versions are still a work in progress.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Yuppp! Join upp

No idea. It runs on my phone which is almost 2 years old already but I can't give you a definitive answer. They let you download the APK from their site but I think the mobile versions are still a work in progress.

Thanks man. This fire is pretty powerful for the price. Hopefully the Mac version is out soon.

Apt101

Does anyone sell blocks? I need to buy 300 tier IV blocks, and if I'm going to drop that kind of coin I'd rather it be to a guild mate.

Top Bottom