• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES18 announced. Releases 14th of September.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
PS4/PS3/X1/X360/PC. Bare special editions. PlayStation blog info below.

33902410703_5b9e328c2f_h.jpg

34671592866_f33dda47d5_h.jpg

DABiYHqXsAATIkx.jpg:orig

Featuring the biggest advances in the series for over a decade, PES 2018 is set to launch on 14th September on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. No part of the game has been left untouched.

The high quality gameplay PES is known for has been finely tuned, with the addition of contextual shielding to protect the ball and Real Touch+ adding a new dimension to ball control.

Complimenting the fluid gameplay, set pieces have been reworked, including a new free-kick and penalty system. There's also the option to start a match with the new one player kick-off.

Additionally, the game has been refined to reflect a more realistic pace.

Random Selection Match and Online Co-Op offer up two new modes where you can experience PES 2018's stunning gameplay. The former sees the return of a classic fan favourite, with the latter's inclusion bringing with it the ability to play 2v2 and 3v3 (supporting local guest play).

Elsewhere, PES League integration and the addictive Master League mode has been improved, featuring pre-season tournaments, an improved transfer system and pre-match interviews and locker room scenes!

A new user interface and greatly improved visuals bring all above the above together, recreating the authenticity of football, all the way down to the little details. Thanks to Real Capture, PES 2018 will include true-to-life stadium lighting, pitch turfs and player tunnels that were recreated from more than 20,000 intricate elements of genuine data that was collected at the Camp Nou and Signal Iduna Park.

Players have also been motion captured in equally realistic environments, allowing for a complete rework of the animation system, starting with core movement such as walking, turning and body posture. Finally, player models have been completely changed, with special attention paid to kit fitting and short size.

That's PES 2018, where legends are made.

That's not all though, there's so much more amazing information to come, as on 13th June we'll be revealing the full trailer. For now, stay tuned to our Twitter channel and the PES Facebook page for all the latest news. Trust me, you won't want to miss it!

PS Blog Link | YouTube trailer

Edit:

PC version lads:
Konami has pledged the game's PC version will be up "to the standard of the leading console iterations" after fans complained last year's entry was stuck between the current and last-gen console editions.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-17-pes-2018-release-date-announced

Ochibi

Isn't it time to move on and give up PS3&360 ? I know there are still people playing on those consoles and there is still (little ?) demand, but...

ibu

Isn't it time to move on and give up PS3&360 ? I know there are still people playing on those consoles and there is still (little ?) demand, but...
This will be what could hold the game back this year. It definitely is time to move on.

Zhao_Yun

I guess football games are very popular in countries in which current-gen consoles aren't as widespread yet. EA released Fifa on Playstation 2 until 2013...

Boss Mog

PS3 version? Well you know the PC version is going to be based on that one and so Konami can go fuck themselves.

Hasney

Apparently the PC version will be the same as the PS4 and X1 ports.

Source? I was just looking at the geography of owners of PES 2017 and with the majority of users being in China and Russia, I thought there was no chance of the PS4 version bump.

EDIT: Saw above, sweet! They've said something similar before though, but I think that was from Bhatti who knows shit. So fingers crossed.

I've put a surprising amount of hours into the 2017 PC demo. I hope they fix the manual through balls thing where I can only seem to pass either 1 foot or 500 ft.

it is stupid of konami of releasing this game on ps3 and xbox 360 but not releasing on switch. lost opportunity right there. I don't think porting a soccer ps3 game to switch would be much of a hassle

Top Bottom