• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could do alphabetical starting with BAPS

giphy.gif

Johndoey

Banned
Resident Evil 7 starts to drag near the end, last hour or so. Good game. It steals a minor plot twist from Dead Space 1. Pretty good end credits. Antagonist for last third of game is dull.
First half of the game is very tense, second half can't seem to maintain the atmosphere.
Not scary, but none of the RE games are.

Sch1sm

Resident Evil 7 starts to drag near the end, last hour or so. Good game. It steals a minor plot twist from Dead Space 1. Pretty good end credits. Antagonist for last third of game is dull.
First half of the game is very tense, second half can't seem to maintain the atmosphere.
Not scary, but none of the RE games are.

How did you feel about the AI? Saw some dude breakdown on Twitter and trash the game because of how bad the enemies are in terms of bringing any tension/anxiety/fear into the game because of their slowness.

Johndoey

Banned
How did you feel about the AI? Saw some dude breakdown on Twitter and trash the game because of how bad the enemies are in terms of bringing any tension/anxiety/fear into the game because of their slowness.
Most of the enemies alternate between a slow walk and a charge so nothing much going on there, but I'd say because of the amount of punishment they can dish out when you're facing two or more in a constrained area it can be pretty tense. But generally they're more of an annoyance than anything else.

Sch1sm

Most of the enemies alternate between a slow walk and a charge so nothing much going on there, but I'd say because of the amount of punishment they can dish out when you're facing two or more in a constrained area it can be pretty tense. But generally they're more of an annoyance than anything else.

Ah, okay. So your standard that you can outrun without much trouble but getting caught out hurts. Gotcha. Worth the Day 1 price? Game can't be longer than like 7-10 hours, with the standard RE folder.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Yeah that thread felt odd to me as I was reading it. Even more of the "fuck protestors for inconviencing me" posts than usual.

As I said in the thread, you have people who have never ever had to stand for anything except for a latte. They were born after the Civil Rights movement, Vietnam, hell, Iran-Contra. They don't have a backbone and wouldn't protest their mom getting smacked right in front of them. Maybe eventually Trump will knock the passive state out of these people, but I doubt it.

Of course, you do have the people who are just contrarian and get their jollies being that way.

They're in every thread, too. Trump. Women. Black & other POC based threads. Religion based ones. Always the s a m e ones.

Yup..always ready to jump right in. Actually laughed when none of them spoke up in the banning protesting thread..figured that was right up their ally, but they don't want that mark on them.

Johndoey

Banned
Ah, okay. So your standard that you can outrun without much trouble but getting caught out hurts. Gotcha. Worth the Day 1 price? Game can't be longer than like 7-10 hours, with the standard RE folder.

Took me about 9.5 hours to get through the game. I like the game quite a bit, but honestly it's nothing need to run out and get right now, maybe wait till it's around 30-40 bucks.

Malyse

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1338026
Mods be sleeping. I dont see how half the posters on the first page aren't banned
Not today, Satan.

-----

We shouldn't protest violently because it will ruin the lives of others

We shouldn't protest non-violently because it will inconvenience the lives of others

We shouldn't complain online because that's slacktivism.

We shouldn't show disapproval at people because that makes you just as bad as them.

We shouldn't make fun or laugh at them because do you want 4 more years of trump?

We shouldn't make demands from politicians because we just need to give them a chance, they'll pivot.

Don't speak up, don't act out. Conform to my closed minded worldview, don't make me leave my comfort zone in any way, don't make me feel uneasy, for I am a perfect liberal with no flaws.

How hard of an ask is that?

Did find this gem though.

Shy

As always. Amazing OT D.D.❤️

Missing the top 10 for the first in a long time. Makes really sad.
Morning, BCT.
Afternoon, family.
Evening.
Hush! He gave us MGS 1 and 3 (I need to play 5) His craziness is fine by me.
You forgot about 2 there, young man.
ZOE > Boktai > MGS
Now. You see dun goofed, seeing as the only one game on that list is the greatest PS2 game of all time, and it has Snake Eater as it's subtitle.
And i'm pretty sure that's not ZOE or Boktai.
I think if the guy just admitted he likes boobs and stopped pretending there were deeper meanings behind them, he wouldn't get nearly as much shit for it
Completely agree.
I been thinking about a story idea a lot lately. What if the world wakes up one morning and all the black people are gone, and biracial people are left comatose?
*gasps* No. I don't wanna be in a coma.

Sch1sm

I'm in the top 10? Y'all fucking up

Scuff the new carpet

Those were my exact thoughts when I saw my name up there, but all those requested bans and voluntary vacations are probably why.

We are all Falcons

I'm rooting for them this round, tbh. By far.

White girl comes of age because of his sacrifice.

I was pushing for the Bish plz title but Obama makes sense. Good OP.

This movie we're crafting would be too real and critics will review it as a scandalous look into the life of African Americans because they can't see any satire in it unless we got some classic black comics running around in it.

LotusHD

Banned
Yo. Shout out to Team Rocket for finally beating Ash in a fair battle after 20 long years of trying.

Shit, what? I gotta see this.

---

Anyone else tired of people always moaning about how they hate protests that end up turning into riots or destroying property?

The way they bring it up always feels like a thinly veiled excuse to justify their dislike of protests in general, because they believe it might end up as such. Like I don't think it needs to be said at all, because no one advocates for stuff to be destroyed to begin with. Just comes off as concern trolling imo

BlackJace

Shit, what? I gotta see this.

---

Anyone else tired of people always moaning about how they hate protests that end up turning into riots or destroying property?

The way they bring it up always feels like a thinly veiled excuse to justify their dislike of protests in general, because they believe it might end up as such. Like I don't think it needs to be said at all, because no one advocates for stuff to be destroyed to begin with. Just comes off as concern trolling imo

"Protest in a way that doesn't inconvenience me"

Out of sight, out of mind I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom