• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm like 63rd. I do a lot more reading than I do posting. Though I bet I was ranked higher in the previous thread. This one has been a lot more game speculating, which I'm just not as into (in regards to speculating about).

You're slacking. I'm starting to pull away.
I could easily start the "controller is missing obvious features" shit storm again and pull ahead. I've done it in both threads so far, lol. I did it once or twice in OT1, and I did it near the beginning of this OT. That debate always adds at least 50-100 on me.

"Ubermatik just received a message from Navi: Hey, Listen!" Facebook notifications are inevitable...

And jesus, Ace, you've got like triple the amount of posts than any of us D:

^ EDIT sheesh, BP went mental didn't he... Oh, and [Nintex] is still banned, right?

Rösti;35282549 said:
For reference:
t1330992000z4.png

I'm glad GDC is only like 2 weeks away

I'm pretty excited/interested to see how the inclusion of flash memory speeds up things like opening up the OS while playing a game and whatnot. It should all be pretty fast and smooth if it's optimized as well as something like IOS.

I'm pretty excited/interested to see how the inclusion of flash memory speeds up things like opening up the OS while playing a game and whatnot. It should all be pretty fast and smooth if it's optimized as well as something like IOS.

They did an amazing job on the 3DS.
Press the Home button and BAM, you're on the Home Screen.
Takes like a second to load up the FL or Notes, as well.

They did an amazing job on the 3DS.
Press the Home button and BAM, you're on the Home Screen.
Takes like a second to load up the FL or Notes, as well.

Yeah. Should be better since the game can continue on the top screen while the OS only shows on the controller when you press the home button. Would be sick for responding to messages and whatnot real quick.

About the 3DS though, I hope they do a better job with the UI. In fact I kinda don't like all of nintendos UI's for the most part. They aren't bad to me but they are slightly off for some reason. I feel like things aren't as user friendly and intuitive as they can be. But on e again maybe I'm just spoiled by iOS.

HylianTom

Banned
I'll never be in that upper tier. Middle of the pack seems about right. I'd get myself into trouble for going too far with my usual honesty schtick if I posted tons. That, and I always try to mop-up any games I've been meaning to play in that last year of a console generation.. so that's going to limit my time on here.

I've taken off from work for the week of E3, so I'll be here lots then. And when GameStop announces a pre-order date, I'll be off of work again, lingering on here - live from the waiting line via iPad. For the final month or two before Launch Day, I'll be too antsy to play games that are too deep, so I'll be on here plenty then too.

God, I love new console years.. this is like a twice-a-decade Christmas/MardiGras/SuperBowl combo of gaming.

Sadist

Cool beans, I'm allready doing better in this thread than the original. But that's mostly because I can't stand the hype for a new Nintendo console :(

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I've taken off from work for the week of E3, so I'll be here lots then. And when GameStop announces a pre-order date, I'll be off of work again, lingering on here - live from the waiting line via iPad. For the final month or two before Launch Day, I'll be too antsy to play games that are too deep, so I'll be on here plenty then too.
I intended to attend E3 in 2011 but at the last minute the money was drained as some stringent expenses arose, and I didn't even make it to the airport. This year I haven't got money and as it looks like now I don't even know if I will have a job after March 31st seeing as the lessor is evicting my employer because they got annoyed at us trying to negotiate a better letting form. I've been offered to take over, but there are no for us feasible shop premises available. But I'll try to make the best of it.

And I also get that uncanny feeling of excitement and anxiety when E3's just around the corner. Nintendo's media briefing at E3 2006 was awesome with Excite Truck, Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and more. I wonder how Nintendo is going to top that this year.

shnord

Neo Member
Wow, I'm not as far down as I thought I'd be. Doesn't feel like I've posted as much as it says.

Nah. I got a black-and-gold one (Saints colors) with the ultra-bright screen and longer battery life (there's a guy who takes custom orders on eBay, combining any two colors you want in any configuration.. top/bottom, inside/outside) My old GBA-SP was in really rough shape, and I didn't want it to crap-out on me in the future, leaving me without a Tingle Tuner.

I was tempted to get a green one..
Sexy.

Would be cool if you go into FPS mode (like to look around a room), the view would be in the second screen and you just move it around your room to look around the dungeon :D
I want this in as many games as possible.

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that with a new Metroid game in particular, the TV view could be third person while you look through Samus' eyes on the subscreen. It would be cool to see Samus aiming/looking around on the TV when you move the controller. If you see an enemy behind Samus on the TV, you turn her around with the circle pad to face it, and then fine-tune your aiming with the gyro/subscreen. Touch things on the screen to scan them. etc.

Anth0ny

ha! It's only February! Imagine yourself in September, two weeks before launch! :)

Forget launch, I'm expecting at least 100 posts during E3 week.

50 of which will consist of nondescript gibberish hype posts like "OMGRETROZELDAOFDDOSGJDFSKJNLKLJK23NLJ4FNP9NN4V"

Know whats interesting to me? The designs of both console and handheld dont seem to change that much. The PS3 resembles te PS2. The Wii U resembles the Wii. The 3DS resembles the DS. The Vita resembles the PSP. Sure, the 360 and Wii aremuch different then their predecessors but they seem to be exceptions more than the rule. I hope Micro, Sony really push the limits and revamp for next gen.

Rösti;35283835 said:
I intended to attend E3 in 2011 but at the last minute the money was drained as some stringent expenses arose, and I didn't even make it to the airport. This year I haven't got money and as it looks like now I don't even know if I will have a job after March 31st seeing as the lessor is evicting my employer because they got annoyed at us trying to negotiate a better letting form. I've been offered to take over, but there are no for us feasible shop premises available. But I'll try to make the best of it.

And I also get that uncanny feeling of excitement and anxiety when E3's just around the corner. Nintendo's media briefing at E3 2006 was awesome with Excite Truck, Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and more. I wonder how Nintendo is going to top that this year.

Damn man.
D:
That sucks, hope you can get a new job soon.

guek

Banned
Know whats interesting to me? The designs of both console and handheld dont seem to change that much. The PS3 resembles te PS2. The Wii U resembles the Wii. The 3DS resembles the DS. The Vita resembles the PSP. Sure, the 360 and Wii aremuch different then their predecessors but they seem to be exceptions more than the rule. I hope Micro, Sony really push the limits and revamp for next gen.

I'd rather they changed the look of the console before they changed the Wii U name.

royalan

Wow, I'm 6th? That's an awful lot for a thread that still confuses me half the time. And I pretty much zone all the way out when the discussion becomes tech-dominant...

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Forget launch, I'm expecting at least 100 posts during E3 week.

50 of which will consist of nondescript gibberish hype posts like "OMGRETROZELDAOFDDOSGJDFSKJNLKLJK23NLJ4FNP9NN4V"
You had 24 posts in the E3 2011 Nintendo Press Conference Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432783

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=432783

That's a nice thread, but I've been wondering if there usually around E3 is some kind of compilation thread where dates for all press conferences, exhibitor lists and more are posted.

Thanks by the way, AceBandage. I'm sure it will turn out alright.

Boerseun

Banned
He was saved by Ace getting a couple of bans. :p

And since we're looking back. Lets go back to the Project Cafe thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=429803

I am hardly one of this forum's most prolific posters but I do read a lot of what gets posted, and I must say I was glad to see the back of BurntPork. That had to be another regular's alternate account, as I don't see how anyone could post that much nonsense and expect to get away with it.

By the way, I would love to see an Operation Flashpoint game on Wii U. I only just yesterday picked up Dragon Rising on PC and it's simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G for co-op play. I wish I had bought it sooner and not wasted my time pining for Battlefield 3, surely the biggest dissappointment of this gen for me.

Anth0ny

Rösti;35284113 said:

That's because:

1. I wasn't actually on GAF when it was happening. Was watching on TV without a laptop.

2. I was so shocked and disappointed after seeing Wii U and it's shitty controller and the lack of games announced. I expected more.

Now my expectations are in check ;)

NO THEY'RE NOT HYPE OVERLOAD

Rhod

GDC proper doesn't start until the Wednesday. Mon/Tue are for Indie Game Summit yay. And there's no big Nintendo keynote announced yet is there?

I suspect there will be a few bits from the Nintendo staff talks, and some more hands-on stuff from the booth (certainly there will be mine).

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Hours and locations for GDC: http://gdconf.com/attend/hourslocation.html

GDC proper doesn't start until the Wednesday. Mon/Tue are for Indie Game Summit yay. And there's no big Nintendo keynote announced yet is there?

I suspect there will be a few bits from the Nintendo staff talks, and some more hands-on stuff from the booth (certainly there will be mine).
There will be no big keynote this year, instead there will be track keynotes: http://www.gdconf.com/news/gdc_2012_adds_track_keynotes_f.html

Koichi Hayashida (EAD) and Steve Rabin (NoA) are however attending sessions. Koichi has his own, titled "Thinking In 3D: The Development of Super Mario 3D Land".

Sadist

Rösti;35284113 said:
That's a nice thread, but I've been wondering if there usually around E3 is some kind of compilation thread where dates for all press conferences, exhibitor lists and more are posted.
Yup, there is one big thread in which all info is gathered. Plus, the posters who call dibbs on the conference threads.

Fou-Lu

That reminds me, I should probably look into taking my vacation the week of E3.
Woo!

I was really worried I'd be in classes during E3 since I am taking some summer classes at Uni this year, but turns out my classes start like the week after E3. Life is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom