• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Boy Micro <3 Thread

For some reason my Micro never seems to leave my nighstand drawer, even though I haven't used it since Mother 3.

qYxCFf0l.jpg

(That's an EZ Flash V on it with fobby's translation).

Still one of my favourite designs, even though lately I find it fairly straining to my eyes.

So I bought a copy of FFVI Advance and dug my Micro out. Popped the faceplate off to give it a clean and now it won't clip to the micro when I try to put it back. Seems like the faceplate itself is fine, the hooks like perfect. If whatever those hooks clip onto in the micro itself have broke, am I screwed? This happened to anyone else?

Check this out. You'll probably need to source a replacement latch to fix it though.
Informative video on replacing and Game Boy Micro faceplate latch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CAjV3SiUzo

I'm tempted to pick up a third Game Boy Micro - really want the Japan-only pearl-blue model. I think the blue hue has aged much better than the European blue model (which is still nice but a less refined tone), and I want those true-chrome START/SELECT buttons...

...I need to stay strong and resist!

It's probably been answered, but did any company ever bother to manufacture a GB Micro screen magnifier attachment? I realize it sorta defeats the portability factor, but I was just curious.

doit86

Neo Member
This thread still alive? I've waited 5years plus to be accepted into neoGAF, I'm finally here, yay!...

I love GameBoy Micro

I will post pics soon

Last edited:
Always wanted one of these. Now after all of these years I don't have any carts left, so it wouldn't be worth it.

I'll sell you my collection :) booklets are pretty mint iirc -

Zelda: A Link to the Past - Four Swords & Booklet
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis & Booklet
Bomberman Tournament & Booklet
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising & Booklet
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon & Booklet
Phantasy Star Collection
Shining Force: Resurrection of Dark Dragon
Yu Gi Oh - World Championship Tournament 2004

Top Bottom