• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS firmware update - 4/25 FOLDERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I wonder how Patching Mario Kart is gonna work? I thought the game had to be developed with patching in mind for it to work?
Seems like the FW update will affect this game in a big way, future games probably built to handle the FW upgrade already.
I'm just speculating.

BooJoh

People are freaking out about folders hahah.
There's barely enough content to warrant folders. Pretty sure not a lot of people have THAT many programs taking up home screen space.

I have over 100 icons on my home menu. I wasn't really that worried about getting folders, but now that they're adding them I'll definitely make use of them.

Lijik

I am so goddamn excited for folders.
I can finally stop having to deal with the hassle of reorganizing EVERYTHING just to move one new item to where I want it because the 3DS management is such shit.

Even reorganizing things on the DSi wasnt such a chore

Boogiepop

YAY! Mario Kart 7 Wifi shall be saved! I was worried it'd be ruined forever thanks to that damn glitch and people constantly spamming it, but no more!

Oh, and folders are great too! I've definitely been getting a little cluttered.

jokkir

Can people refuse to patch the game? Like will they get blocked out connecting online without first patching?

donny2112

Can people refuse to patch the game? Like will they get blocked out connecting online without first patching?

They didn't say, but it may be like 360 where if you don't agree to the update, you can't go online. They just said there'd be patches, though. MK7 is in May, so we'll find out, then. :)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

When they updated the ambassador titles, they asked when you entered the eShop, if you wanted to patch it.

I imagine the server will refuse your connection (in Mario Kart for instance), if you don't have the updated version of the game.

Newsboy

Neo Member
Have been wanting folders for ages. usually grumble something about folders everytime I see my menu system.
I really hope that the Wii U mirrors everything that is slowly making the 3DS better and better.

Watched the video, not only can you have folders but HUUUUUGE folders! Damn! Its just so beautiful, and only five days!

Nintendo, you are awesome.

Hale-XF11

My mind is officially blown. Patching Mario Kart 7 is the best news yet. So, so happy to hear that. I went into Nintendo Direct with extremely low expectations, but that really made my day. Well, that and folders. FOLDERS!

Luigiv

Not mentioned but it's pretty damn obvious that refusing to patch will prevent you going online. The whole point of the patch is to prevent people from continuing to use the exploit online, not to mention allowing different patch versions to run on the same servers at the same time would just cause more glitches.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not mentioned but it's pretty damn obvious that refusing to patch will prevent you going online. The whole point of the patch is to prevent people from continuing to use the exploit online, not to mention allowing different patch versions to run on the same servers at the same time would just cause more glitches.

WFC had a few tricks that would stop you from connecting.

In fact one time I couldn't connect for two months because my little cousin changed my name to something offensive. Eventually the right error message came up and I figured out why I couldn't connect.

Luigiv

WFC had a few tricks that would stop you from connecting.

In fact one time I couldn't connect for two months because my little cousin changed my name to something offensive. Eventually the right error message came up and I figured out why I couldn't connect.

Yep. Not mention it'd pretty trivial to bar people from playing online with the wrong version number. Either the game currently already sends the servers it's version info or it doesn't. Either way the server is not going to be receiving the right version number and can easily block you for it.

linko9

I hardly ever use my 3DS, and I've got way too many icons cluttering up the home screen. These folders will be very welcome.

Erethian

I've been waiting to hear about this game too bad, I don't see how this is the 3DS's fault I would like to know what went wrong here

Wouldn't surprise me if the dev team didn't get to work on the game after it was delayed. It wouldn't be the first time a publisher did something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom