• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy |OT| N.Teresting and N.Tertaining N.Fographics With-N

It's a trophy.

giphy.gif

Oh, the review thread is today? That should be fun. And by fun I mean it's going to Crash N'Burn. The thread that is, not the game itself.

yoplay

Anybody have late shipping times from amazon? I had Juy 4th and once I canceled and re-rodered, I got July 11th. Asked them if the game is backordered, but got a weird reply from customer service.

*Splinter

I expect a lot of "gameplay hasn't aged well" or "stuck in the past" and lower scores, like every non-Nintendo platformer these days.

That said, I don't think scores will affect the sales that much, whoever's played the games when they first came out will know if they want the trilogy or not.
I don't know how you review a remaster* tbh. Either you review it in terms of its own goals (which is to faithfully recreate the original games, and this can only be reviewed positively under that metric), or you review it the same as you review any other release (in which case it's undeniably "stuck in the past" but how useful would that comment be to anyone?).

*I know it's technically a remake, but it's clearly been made with the goal of replicating the originals rather than reinventing them.

Nintendo loyalist here. Never played a Crash game but I am going to try this out. I absolutely loved Ratchet and Clank (2016). Although Ratchet and Crash play differently, I know I am open to other platformers that aren't Mario. Pretty excited for it.

maxcriden

I'm assuming it's supply issues, but Amazon is saying mine won't arrive until 7/4, even though I have Prime and regularly use Prime Now/release-date delivery. Might have to cancel my flippin' pre-order and go to a brick-and-mortar store..

Aaaahhh I can't wait til July 3rd! It's too far away! Why can't mine come on release day???

Amazon I'm paying for your Prime service! I expect it to arrive on release day!

Seriously, amazon really dropped the ball on release date delivery here.

You guys should definitely try contacting Amazon CS directly, just in case they can still get it to you today or tomorrow. If you contact them about the promised release day delivery they may be able to fix the situation for you, I've heard of people having some luck with this in the past at times so it's worth a shot.

Excited for this, but prob wont buy for a while, too many other games for me to focus on. Heres to hoping it does well.

Review aggreg. Low 80s to high 70s

_Rob_

I feel like reviews with be rather contrasting on this. The camp that feel it's achieved what they set out to do, and the camp that feel the whole idea is outdated regardless.

In what order are ya'll playing this?

I'm going Crash 2, 3 and then 1 because that's how it went for me as a kid getting a PS1 after Crash 1 released.

_Rob_

OléGunner;242145654 said:

I'm going Crash 2, 3 and then 1 because that's how it went for me as a kid getting a PS1 after Crash 1 released.

1,2,3 - I started with 2, 3 is my favourite but I feel this is the way they were developed and therefore the right way to go about it. Plus I'm saving my best 'til last!

MrBadger

Oh shit guys mine's been dispatched. Tomorrow will be the longest work day ever

Release order for me. I never managed to beat 1 or 2 as a kid so Warped is gonna be the last one I play

zeexlash

Will play through Warped over the weekend.. quite nostalgic, it was the game I got with my PlayStation back in the day. Hope it holds up.

I replayed Crash 2 last year and really enjoyed it.

Zalman

Will play through Warped over the weekend.. quite nostalgic, it was the game I got with my PlayStation back in the day. Hope it holds up.

I replayed Crash 2 last year and really enjoyed it.
I play Crash 2 and 3 quite often. Both of them hold up very well. Crash 1, not so much.

Azzawon

I'm so in for this, Crash is one of my favourite franchises of all time. If only Amazon would deliver a day early...

Now we just need CTR remastered

Tizoc

Who gives a shit about how it'll review?
Get it, play it, share it with friends and family and have a blast.

ZeroX03

Banned
Playing in order. 1, 2, 3.

Yeah 1's the worst and hardest and 2's the best so it's kind of uneven, but it's the way Dog intended. And I know they've improved 1, but it's still going to feel crappy to go back to if I replay the other titles first.

NJShadow

You guys should definitely try contacting Amazon CS directly, just in case they can still get it to you today or tomorrow. If you contact them about the promised release day delivery they may be able to fix the situation for you, I've heard of people having some luck with this in the past at times so it's worth a shot.

I think one issue is that I didn't have release-date delivery as an option at checkout, even though I've NEVER had an issue with it before. I know for the longest time I couldn't pre-order the physical edition, and when I finally did, it was on 6/26, but I would think that's plenty of notice, considering most folks' copies were shipped 1 or 2 days after. I might consider giving it one more shot today, but so far Amazon doesn't seem to be in the wrong.

This is one of those times that reviews shouldn't matter at all. We've seen enough of the game/games to know it'll be a quality remake.

Best wishes.

hotcyder

I feel like reviews with be rather contrasting on this. The camp that feel it's achieved what they set out to do, and the camp that feel the whole idea is outdated regardless.

I'll be curious to see how the reviews line up against something like Yooka Laylee (where a lot of the negative response circled around outdated mechanics)

KiNolin

I only wait for the reviews to find out whether they've broken something. It's not like I need to be convinced of the games themselves.

haikira

Mine's dispatched! Can't wait to check this out tomorrow night.

Thanks wrestleman for the sweet opening post.

Any word yet on what the file size is?

I'll be playing them in order, but ya it was the same for me as a kid. I got Crash 2 first, then 3, and many years later I finally played the first one when I got my PS3 as a PS1 classic.

I'll be curious to see how the reviews line up against something like Yooka Laylee (where a lot of the negative response circled around outdated mechanics)

It's sort of different for this, I'd say. Yooka Laylee was trying to emulate a game of that era, warts and all, while Crash is trying to recreate games from that era, whilst refining them into a more consistent experience.

Top Bottom