• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville alt-right white nationalist torch rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

Chanting “White lives matter!” “You will not replace us!” and “Jews will not replace us!” several hundred white nationalists and white supremacists carrying torches marched in a parade through the University of Virginia campus last night.

This crowd is literally people mind controlled by anti-Jewish /pol/ shitposting and they believe that a hidden zionist hand controls every aspect of society.

Not much different from how Hitler viewed Jews.

KarmaCow

Here's the paradox I just cannot comprehend.

- People call for these confederate monuments to be removed/renamed because they're pretty much shrines for modern-day white nationalists and symbols of opppression.
- Monuments start to be removed because, well, they're absolutely correct.
- In protest, white nationalists make torch-lit pilgrimages to these monuments like the fucking KKK and chant "white lives matter" - bringing us full circle and proving correct the people who wanted them removed in the first place.

They essentially make things worse for themselves by protesting and hasten the removal of these monuments. How can you be that impossibly dense?

The thing you're missing is that they are aware of why people want the confederate monuments removed, but they think that's why they should stay. It's not a matter of being ignorant, they're not trying to play both sides. They are being openly racist because they've been empowered by people like Trump and other shitbirds being accepted by public. So there's no paradox, just an infuriating reality.

Not much different from how Hitler viewed Jews.
So, you're saying they are nazis.

mshckd.gif

The thing you're missing is that they are aware of why people want the confederate monuments removed, but they think that's why they should stay. It's not a matter of being ignorant, they're not trying to play both sides. They are being openly racist because they've been empowered by people like Trump and other shitbirds being accepted by public. So there's no paradox, just an infuriating reality.

Exactly, they are shithead fascists.

Fuck these people, they are garbage.

Who's joking? These are the type of people who would love to see a show about black people still being slaves in the 21st century.

Don't you get how a weekly hour long HBO drama about black people enslaved in present day America would show these people the error of their ways?

Cipherr

"Heritage, not hate"
"Its not about slavery, its about states rights"

Removes flag from government buildings and takes down monuments...

*Full on KKK rally with White Supremacy Banners*

e5YuU.gif

Permanently A

These guys are just straight up white nationalist racists right? I'm curious what someone who claims to not be racist but supports flying the Confederate flag believes.

FTF

can we get a thread title change to "In Charlottesville, Nazis Rally For Earlier Losing Cause"

Seriously...these scum are Nazis and alt-right seems too kind of a word.

These people are pure scum are I hope it affects them getting jobs, etc, etc.

And fuck the police in the area and that tweet about how they were more against the protestors than the nazis's, etc.

Lime

I hope they got shut down and dispersed by anti-racists. I certainly wouldn't mind them receiving what that neo-nazi guy got.

Slacker

Some levity from Twitter:

Bess Kalb @bessbell 5m5 minutes ago
Oh look it's fire and Führery. (pic of torch wielders)

Jess Dweck @TheDweck 8m8 minutes ago
What are they marching against? Having everything?

OredZbu.jpg

Ozigizo

Twitter is being brigaded. Any mention of this KKK rally gets you 2-3 shitheels spouting racist garbage.

Kinda wish Twitter gave a fuck.

Shoeless

The depressing part is there's a silent but large segment of America that's looking at this, nodding their heads and thinking, "At least, real progress."

Man, what happened to your country?

Nokterian

Stop using the term Alt Right..that was just a nice cover up name..call them what they actually are Neo Nazi's.

And we do know what we do with nazi's right?

giphy.gif

mjp2417

Banned
The depressing part is there's a silent but large segment of America that's looking at this, nodding their heads and thinking, "At least, real progress."

It was always like this if you knew where to look. We were founded on attempted genocide and achieved slavery. Shit's as american as apple pie and baseball.

Lime

The US was built on the genocide of people, the enslavement of others, the taking of land, and it has for centuries been a white supremacist nation.

it has always been this like this. The question is what are you actually going to do about changing it?

I expect these guys were aided by the cops and I was right.
The US was built on the genocide of people, the enslavement of others, the taking of land, and it has for centuries been a white supremacist nation.

it has always been this like this. The question is what are you actually going to do about changing it?

You know the answer to this.

Shoeless

Well, we can do what we can from over here, but, being Canadian, there's only so much we can accomplish on this end. It's up to Americans to make America better, Canada can't do it for you.

Goofalo

Start a progressive grass roots militia, based on modern urban guerrilla tactics and sustainable farm to table cooking. Set up a little coffee shop/range/cold pressed juice bar where we can drink pour over fair trade coffee and discuss small arms tactics and practical/tactical rifle courses. All built out of repurposed, hacked Ikea furniture. I'm thinking about calling the militia/coffee shop/range, "Trigger Warnings."

broz0rs

Twitter is being brigaded. Any mention of this KKK rally gets you 2-3 shitheels spouting racist garbage.

Kinda wish Twitter gave a fuck.

I feel as if celebs were moving completely away from Twitter and just use Instagram just because of shit like that. Twitter can give replies a lot of attention, Instagram just makes a person look like a line of text.

Shaanyboi

Banned
These people are chanting Nazi rhetoric, and it really only just feels like another day. A demonstration like this doesn't normalize these attitudes - it's already been normalized. This is what normal looks like. These people aren't hiding their faces, because they know they won't face any repercussions for this.

This was allowed to happen, and don't for a second assume anyone with any actual power is going to do anything about it.

Lime

The ACLU can't be what they are if they use ideology to make decisions as to what to defend.

Does not fempute. They are already using ideology to make decisions as to what to defend, so I'm not sure what you're saying.

The ACLU supporting and encouraging a fucking neo-nazi demonstration just tells me that they are completely ignorant, naive, and severely unaffected by people who want to murder you.

ISOM

Does not fempute. They are already using ideology to make decisions as to what to defend, so I'm not sure what you're saying.

The ACLU supporting and encouraging a fucking neo-nazi demonstration just tells me that they are completely ignorant, naive, and severely unaffected by people who want to murder you.

It's definitely naivety and ignorance. Protecting ideals for the sake of ideals works far better in an equal society.

Jarate

Banned
The ACLU's agenda is protecting civil liberties as expressed in things like the constitution. Freedom of speech is part of those liberties.

Armadilo

Banned
So it turned out that -
. With the Unite the Right rally set to take place tomorrow controversy is brewing. The City of Charlottesville has revoked the permit for Unite the Right citing safety concerns. The ACLU jumped to the defense of the alt right as they believe this is a political action.

This has caused the left to become furious as the ACLU is now defending their political rivals.

The rally wasn't going to happen but it did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom