• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I can only afford one game in the next month...should I go with Mass Effect: Andromeda or Persona 5?

VgWtvvA.gif

imBask

Banned
If anyone in the Montreal area can help me find a Switch it would be greatly appreciated.

try calling the surrounding if you have a car, like the Best Buy in Lachenaie or the one in Longueuil, otherwise I think they're all out on the island

I also know that the Microplay on Masson has a waiting list you can get on by paying the console in advance

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can get 150 off from the current price through Work Discount.

At Staples its on sale for 2299.99 and I can get it for 2302 same model Apple Store online with option to make payments in 3 months....
Ah, I guess if you are going for the prebuilt options, then you can probably do things like apply ebates and whatnot...

kevin1025

Banned
Looks like I can only afford one game in the next month...should I go with Mass Effect: Andromeda or Persona 5?

Persona!

Given it's an EA game, Mass Effect will probably be $40 in May.

Unless you're really dying for Mass Effect, then you should go with what you want the most! I'm going for Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5, Persona 5, Yooka-Laylee, and Cosmic Star Heroine in April, so Mass Effect will have to wait for me, sadly, as much as I'd love to hop in there.

jokkir

What's the return policy for controllers @ Best Buy? I want to get the Neon Switch controllers but not sure if I'm keeping them (might get the Pro Controller instead if I end up not liking the joy cons)

Oh, and if I do like it, anyone want Grey Joycons for around 80$ probably (Toronto pickup only though since too lazy to ship)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Looks like some EB Games got more Switch shipments today.

I picked up the last one from my local EB. There was two guys walking out with Switches which had me worried for a bit thinking it might be sold out but I got the last one.

Now to find a Pro controller somewhere so I can get started on Zelda.

Any current deals on WiiU Breath of the Wild?

None I know of. If you're interested you'd better jump on it ASAP. Amazon have it available to order, but say it delivers "within 1-2 months". Pretty much everywhere else online has it out of stock. Just as expected, it looks like the single launch print is going to be it for the Wii U version.

Jachaos

Go with Persona 5. Import impressions are great. Should be one of the year's best, and that says something.

Edit: Oops, too late, should've refreshed. Enjoy!

FN-2187

Any current deals on WiiU Breath of the Wild?

None I know of. If you're interested you'd better jump on it ASAP. Amazon have it available to order, but say it delivers "within 1-2 months". Pretty much everywhere else online has it out of stock. Just as expected, it looks like the single launch print is going to be it for the Wii U version.

Totally anecdotal, but the last time I was at EB, the guy said the demand for the Wii U version has been super high. People constantly asking if they have it and they only ever get 1 or 2 copies in. I don't see there ever being a deal on it. It's GameCube Twilight Princess all over again as many expected.

My ME is still showing it'l ship next week, and I'm kinda hoping it stays that way. The previews, reviews and generally reception is making me alright with not getting it right away. Plus, this way I can cancel my order from Amazon because I'm tired of their shipping. Hopefully I can find someone selling or looking to trade on Kijiji in the next couple weeks.

jholmes

I can confirm demand for BotW Wii U is high. I sold a copy on Kijiji like two weeks ago and only got a handful of lowball offers. I forgot to delete the ad and in the last two days I've been getting constant emails about it, like out of nowhere.

Seems my Best Buy Mass Effect: Andromeda Deluxe Edition PS4 shipped today but not the game (As of this post time).

The pre-order bonus with the BB Deluxe edition was the Heavy Armor DLC code which I received through a email this past Friday and there was the free Mass Effect: Andromeda Mini Diecast Nomad ND1. On the order form was "2" shipments. One for the Diecast and one for the game.

The Diecast shipped today while the game itself is still waiting. I went with the $25.99 Purolator shipping (lol yes I know...) to get the game tomorrow on launch day since CP and standard free shipping is always a pain in the ass. They would need to ship the game today/tonight in order for it to reach me tomorrow.

I don't think anybody else here would have gone with the Purolator option since it is $25.99 but I'm wondering if anybody has this Diecast/game separate order. I figure they would be shipped together. On a side note, amazon US has the Diecast listed as a release on March 28, 2017.

WHY WHY WHY does amazon keep fucking me over with one day shipping. this is the 3RD time I've chosen one day shipping only to have an estimated delivery be a week or more late. How on eartth can they even remotely think canada post or fedex ground will be able to overnight something.

antibolo

Banned
WHY WHY WHY does amazon keep fucking me over with one day shipping. this is the 3RD time I've chosen one day shipping only to have an estimated delivery be a week or more late. How on eartth can they even remotely think canada post or fedex ground will be able to overnight something.

Are you a Prime subscriber?

It's like the first time that the page of one of my ads on Kijiji says that I got more replies than what I have seen in my inbox. Frustrating if a mail did not reach me, especially when someones undercut me by 10$ in another ad a few hours after that e-mail should have reached me... (my price was good!)

Hedgey

Gamestop getting more Switch stock March 22nd, hopefully the same story here in Canada, I've got $200 or so in Switch credit.

Welp. Might be the end of prime for me. Mass Effect shipped today! For arrival next Monday.

If it was free shipping it's my problem, but when I'm paying for prime it's a little ridiculous.

Sealtest

I don't think anybody else here would have gone with the Purolator option since it is $25.99 but I'm wondering if anybody has this Diecast/game separate order. I figure they would be shipped together. On a side note, amazon US has the Diecast listed as a release on March 28, 2017.

My Nomad shipped earlier today still no movement on my Futureshop preorder. Not even an authorization hold.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Gamestop getting more Switch stock March 22nd, hopefully the same story here in Canada, I've got $200 or so in Switch credit.

They received shipments this morning. I got the last one at my local EB.

Done. Cancelled my ME:A order from Amazon. A week late shipping is ridiculous.

Don't blame you. Did the same.

ME:A went from one of my most anticipated games to play, to my most anticipated game to play at half price! Need to play it but with Zelda, Horizon and others still to play, I can wait.

daftstar

For anyone who pre-ordered the Steelbook edition of Persona 5, will it be the steelbook only with the disc inside? Or the standard PS4 case and a separate steelbook to go along with it?

Madness

I really, really like Mass Effect Andromeda. I was very worried reading what people said. Yeah it has some issues. The worst is cinematics and animation. The Asari and Humans look the worst, but the Turians and Salarians and Krogans look good. There is some poor quests and design like scan here, defend against waves here. But it isn't as bad as people say. If Zelda Breath of the Wild gets 10/10 and you find the sidequests and writing good, Andromeda will feel like it is written by James Joyce in comparison.

That all said, the bad reviews and internet negativity will tank the price. So you may see deep discounts quickly. So if you hold off it may be very cheap soon. But I am liking it.

Done. Cancelled my ME:A order from Amazon. A week late shipping is ridiculous.

I wish I could cancel my copy. I foolishly only added three games for my E3 30% deal and can't cancel. Don't want to loose my amazing discount on FF7:R.

I talked to a customer service rep who said it was a technical glitch and I'd still get my game tomorrow. Well it's 7:30 CST and I severly doubt they can ship from Mississauga to Winnipeg in under 24 hours :/ Guess it's time to complain once again.

Interrupting the ME:A shipping talk but whatever...

If I want to buy Snipperclips, is the best method still going through the JP eshop for us Canadians?

I wish I could cancel my copy. I foolishly only added three games for my E3 30% deal and can't cancel. Don't want to loose my amazing discount on FF7:R.

I talked to a customer service rep who said it was a technical glitch and I'd still get my game tomorrow. Well it's 7:30 CST and I severly doubt they can ship from Mississauga to Winnipeg in under 24 hours :/ Guess it's time to complain once again.
I continue to question how it is items are leaving the brampton/missisauga facility with canada post when they're expected to have 1-2 day shipping to bc/alberta/sask

etta

my hard graphic balls
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom