• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Obsidian countdown teaser [Update 2: Kickstarter? One more day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandoric

Banned
Update 3:

Well, here is all the text we got from the teasers.

Day 4
"What do the words mean?"
"Nothing. The Dirge of Eir Glanfath is found without form, a lone voice crying out in mourning because it must."

Source code
"To tenderness, fellowship. To fellowship, vigilance. So bring we all to the Night Market. I am the Spindle of Esenath. Know me by my light and stand with me in darkness."

Day 3
"The book unread is unwritten. The reason we don't explain it is the reason we use it. Its power is in its mystery. That is the Leaden Key, in part, in whole. Is it clear?"
"Digging for truth buries the seeker."

Source code
"Two centuries ago, your divine champion told the people of Dyrwood to grovel at his feet. If you've come on pilgrimage to the blasted crater that was our reply, Godhammer Citadel is that way."

Day 2
"I recognize your pain. Your kind must learn it comes from straining against the turning of the world. It spins thus. You cannot stop it. One day, you will wake up. You will stop pulling. The pain will be gone. Until then, all your waking hours are suffering."

Source code
"In time, waves washing against the fingers of Geiran's Grasp will call them back into the sea. The difference between you and the sea is that the sea does not stop."

Day 1
"This world wants to drag us down, it does. It made you a Watcher. No one asks for that. And the weight, that guilt they want to hang around my neck, you don't have to carry it one more step. You think they won't let you rest, but it's not up to them. It never was."

Source code
"There is no sleep for the Watcher."

Update 2:

Don't know if this has been posted yet but:

http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/obsidian

Obsidian Entertainment is a game development studio located in Irvine, CA. We were founded in 2003 with many former Black Isle Studios employees dedicated to producing high-quality role-playing games. We're most known for games like Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Fallout: New Vegas.

Prior to Obsidian, each of the owners worked for Black Isle Studios as production, design, management, and programming staff, having worked on the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment series.

We loved working on those games, and feel there's a real nostalgia for them, and we're looking to you for help to bring them back!

Update:

jesawyerdungeonsiege4i5bfe.png

---

bf91138a95200472701366baeb6fe4da.png

http://www.obsidian.net/

"(4) What do the words mean?

Nothing. The Dirge of Eír Glanfath is sound without form, a lone voice crying out in mourning because it must."

From webpage source:

!--. X . X X . X X -->
<!-- To tenderness, fellowship. To fellowship, vigilance. So bring we all to the Night Market. I am the Spindle of Esenath. Know me by my light and stand with me in darkness. -->

They've also got a forum up to encourage rampant speculation.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
From webpage source:

!--. X . X X . X X -->
<!-- To tenderness, fellowship. To fellowship, vigilance. So bring we all to the Night Market. I am the Spindle of Esenath. Know me by my light and stand with me in darkness. -->

Rapstah

I have it on pretty good authority that this is a Terry Goodkind game.

I am also lying right now. Don't believe this post.

ekim

Maybe 4 counts down the days until revelation. Fallout 4 doesn't fit at all obviously. The X.XX.XX mask looks like a date.

Original
generic
fantasy IP? I'm kind of hoping it's not DS4 to be honest.

Whatever happened to their Wheel of Time project?

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I actually kind of hope it's Dungeon Siege 4. DS3 was one of VERY few PC games with same-screen couch co-op. It wasn't the greatest game I've ever played, but I think if they step up their game a bit DS4 could be amazing.

Almighty

Hopefully it isn't just Dungeon Siege 4, but until proven otherwise that is what I am putting my money on.

Not that I hate Dungeon Siege or anything I just have no interest in it.

epmode

This is obviously hype for Chris Avellone's spiritual sequel to Torment. Obsidian was nice enough to provide hosting for the pre-release website!

You can see Morte if you play with the contrast JUST RIGHT.

Also count me in on the hoping it's not DS4. It's pretty telling that even Obsidian fans are hoping it's not that.

Brohugs. Obsidian is at its best experimenting, even when the final product isn't super polished (or even that great). Dungeon Siege is just so pedestrian, especially coming out of the studio that wrote New Vegas, KOTOR2, etc.

Durante

I'll take Dungeon Siege 4 (had a lot of fun playing JEYNE KASSYNDER in coop), but I'd also rather have something else.

Derrick01

Banned
Brohugs. Obsidian is at its best experimenting, even when the final product isn't super polished (or even that great). Dungeon Siege is just so pedestrian, especially coming out of the studio that wrote New Vegas, KOTOR2, etc.

Yeah it wasn't an awful game but I could not tell it was an Obsidian game. It did nothing really well at all, not even the writing! That was even more streamlined than a Mass Effect game. And the fact that it was a co op oriented game bummed me out even further because that's all the game was made around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom