• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront 3 footage leaked (LucasArts version by First Assault team)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
http://kotaku.com/the-last-months-o...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

The video is a little bit down from the top. There's a lot more at the link.

Kotaku said:

In the coming months, up until just a couple of weeks ago, LucasArts staff were working on three projects: Star Wars: First Assault, Star Wars 1313, and a smaller project internally referred to as “Version Two,” according to two sources familiar with the situation.

Kotaku has obtained video footage of this “Version Two” project, which you can see below:

In the video, you can see all sorts of vehicle combat: the player, looking from a first-person perspective, zips around in X-Wings and AT-AT Walkers while shooting down TIE Fighters and other Star Wars-y vehicles. The art isn't final, but the combat looks very cool: one section, for example, shows multiple players riding on hoverbikes and shooting lasers at everything in their paths.

First Assault, as we reported a few weeks ago, didn't have any vehicles. Version Two did.

This is because, according to multiple sources, developers at LucasArts planned to turn Version Two into Star Wars: Battlefront III, the highly-anticipated third game in the Battlefront shooter series that has shuffled from developer to developer over the past few years. This time, LucasArts hoped to make it themselves.

“[There’s] a very vocal audience that's clamoring for Battlefront III,” said a source. “We were hoping to eventually give it to them.”

Too frustrating, the fact we never got a Battlefront game in a time when online gaming is at a all time high is just ridiculous

Biggest let down of this gen for me

JdFoX187

Banned
As much as I'm dismayed by the closure of LucasArts, perhaps it was for the best and Disney can disperse the IPs across different developers willing to take the time to dedicate to them. That publisher seems to have been cursed by goddamn incompetence for years. This game was a surefire hit if it was of any quality and they could never pull it together long enough to ship it? True incompetence.

Liha

Banned
I hate you Disney. Give DICE the license and everything will be fine.

6f9iccak.gif

Mikey Jr.

I don't give a fuck about Star Wars, but that looked pretty fucking cool. Like Battlefield Star Wars.

Didn't see any Lightsabers though.

Too frustrating, the fact we never got a Battlefront game in a time when online gaming is at a all time high is just ridiculous

Biggest let down of this gen for me

I feel you, dawg. I still have faith. This might be the last generation that can get away with ignoring demand for Battlefront 3.

I'd trade Disney's/Abrams' Star Wars for BF3 and 1313, personally. It's a shame we couldn't have both.

EMT0

Banned
We're never getting a proper sequel to Battlefront 2. The most I hope and pray for is an HD port that gets ported to Vita as well.

I feel you, dawg. I still have faith. This might be the last generation that can get away with ignoring demand for Battlefront 3.

I'd trade Disney's/Abrams' Star Wars for BF3 and 1313, personally. It's a shame we couldn't have both.

Who knows pal, Disney may actually think it could be a good investment...one day

I don't give a fuck about Star Wars, but that looked pretty fucking cool. Like Battlefield Star Wars.

Didn't see any Lightsabers though.

In Battlefront 2, high scoring players could choose to play as Jedi/Sith or other 'Heroes/Villains'. Kinda like a kill streak before kill streaks. Maybe they would have been implemented if development continued.

So sad about this! :( I've waited for years. I'd even settle for a HD remake at this point. CURSE YOU DISNEY.

Ryaaan14

Banned
The Battlefront series were some of the coolest games I have ever played.

Fuck. This feels REALLY bad to think about again.

RIP Star Wars games

Toa TAK

Banned
Always bummed to hear about these leaks. I hope one day it comes out and is a great game. I don't want to wait 10 years for a game only for it to suck.

*DukeNukem*

We're never getting a proper sequel to Battlefront 2. The most I hope and pray for is an HD port that gets ported to Vita as well.
This, any sequel would just be a clone of cod and battlefield and wouldnt be anything like a real battlefront game. All i want is that hd collection. Much rather have no bf than codized bf.

Top Bottom