• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Call of Duty Online announcement coming soon [Update Rumor: Stats Tool]

V_Ben

Banned
http://www.vg247.com/2011/05/06/rumor-call-of-duty-online-announcement-coming-soon/

We’ve heard there is a Call of Duty announcement planned for this evening. We’ve heard it’s happening at a press event in New York. RPS has heard something as well.

According to the site’s sources, Activision is preparing to make a major announcement regarding Call Of Duty Online.

It is to be the “online solution” from Beachhead Studios Activision has been chatting about since its last financial call to investors.

Supposedly, according to RPS’s sources, it could be a Acti’s bid to go up against EA’s Battlefield Play4Free.

We’ve got our ears to the ground. If anything comes out we will let you know.

Here we go...

rockpapershotgun said:
UPDATE: Our informants tell us it’s some kind of stats tool. BORING!
Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/05/06/rumour-call-of-duty-online-reveal-nears/

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's probably just that free to play/microtransactioned Call of Duty online title

Also, remember Project Beachhead

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
And this starts its downfall. COD kids aren't going to pay twice (well a monthly fee at least).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wario64 said:
It's probably just that free to play/microtransactioned Call of Duty online title
F2P like BF P4Free and Crytek's Korean game (I forgot the name)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
mr stroke said:
so PC only?

The original source thinks it's PC

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...Feed:+RockPaperShotgun+(Rock,+Paper,+Shotgun)

Something’s happening in Call Of Duty world! Our sinister agents have picked up some information about Activision preparing to make a major announcement regarding the Call Of Duty franchise, and it sounds like the PC could be at the heart of it: Call Of Duty Online. We understand that the “online solution” Activision have been hinting at might finally be ready to be shown to press. No other details now, but I’m going to speculate that this is Activision’s big move against EA’s Battlefield Play4Free and the like.

Will it be a browser-based shooter? A free-to-play MMO? A side-scrolling beat ‘em up? We’ll find out soon!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Well if it's a F2P browser game, then that's not so bad. No way they would try this on consoles, right? Right?

It would be surprising if it was CoD Online. The old descriptions about what Beachhead is working on made it sound like it was some sort of subscription service for CoD. Similar to that rumored EA Sports subscription service.

alphaNoid

Banned
Could this be the Bungie/Activision MMO in the works? Infinity Ward outed, BLOPS releasing last year and I'm not expecting this to come out this year but 'could' this be a Bungie created game?
KuGsj.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fersis said:
F2P like BF P4Free

And yet, it'll probably play better than BF: P4F since it didn't take the core of the series' gameplay out. Imagine that.

However, both of them won't hold a candle to the true king of FPS: Quake 3 Arena, AKA: Quake 0/Live.

Jarmel

Banned
alphaNoid said:
Could this be the Bungie/Activision MMO in the works? Infinity Ward outed, BLOPS releasing last year and I'm not expecting this to come out this year but 'could' this be a Bungie created game?
KuGsj.gif

Bungie is working on a new IP.

What kind of microtransactions could they add to Call of Duty? I can't even begin to imagine buying outfits or power-ups. What else could there be?

World of Duty

Master Milk said:
What kind of microtransactions could they add to Call of Duty? I can't even begin to imagine buying outfits or power-ups. What else could there be?
Maps
Weapons
Weapon extras
Pointless black ops style red dots
Perks

I think we can all agree that the only way the series can improve from its current pinnacle of excellence is if you can buy Nukes with real money.

It will be the greatest advancement in video games since the introduction of the Mighty Eagle in Angry Birds.

Xater

Master Milk said:

Pay 10 bucks for a shorter nuke kill streak.

Raide

Master Milk said:

Ammo.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
GrotesqueBeauty said:
It'll be so exciting to finally play a Call of Duty title online!

I know huh. I have always dreamed of being able to do that. Now that day is finally upon us. sniff sniff

Xater

Diablohead said:
Make that £100 for a 20 kill nuke instead of 25, people will still lap it up along with that £50 sniper quickscope perk

Don't forget that this buff only works for 24 hours!

Fugu

Call of Duty has been irrelevant to me for quite awhile and I hope that it continues to be that way, as I would like nothing more than to see Activision crash and burn.

Fugu said:
Call of Duty has been irrelevant to me for quite awhile and I hope that it continues to be that way, as I would like nothing more than to see Activision crash and burn.
You do realise this would just mean more people lose their jobs? Surely it would make more sense to want them to have a change in philosophy instead?

Top Bottom