• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #989, reviews and utter lack of worthwhile news

Mandoric

Banned
Reviews first, as usual.
Harry Potter/Phoenix 5646
Ryusei no Rockman 2 8888
Wantame Music Channel 7776
DinoKing 7777
Jushin Enbu DS 6555
Dokapon Kingdom 7775
48 7676
Dragon Blade 7666
Mario & Sonic/Beijing 8778
Medal of Honor 8888
Gegege no Kitaro 6465
Winning Eleven (PS2) 9988 (PS3) 9999 (X360) 9999

Release Dates of games that don't matter
<NDS>
08/1/31 SIMPLE DS Chodanmaru! Custom Tank <D3>
08/1/31 SIMPLE DS Zombie Crisis <D3>
08/1 Everyone's DS Seminar: Music <TDK Core>
08/2 Akagawa Jiro's Mystery Nocturne <Marvelous>
08/Spring L the proLogue to DEATH NOTE: Spiral Trap <Konami>
08/Spring Gakken M Publisher: Famous Figures of the Edo Period <Global A>
08/Spring Vitamin X Evolution <D3>
08 Culdcept DS <Sega>

<PSP>
12/27 XYANIDE <Artin>
08/1/24 Winning Eleven 2008 Ubiquitous <Konami>
08/3/13 Monster Hunter P2ndG <Capcom>

<Wii>
08/2/28 Home Angling! Sega Bass Fishing <Sega>
08/Spring Family Jockey (working) <Bandai Namco>
08/Spring Pro Baseball Family Stadium (working) <Bandai Namco>
08 Fragile~Farewell, Moon Ruins~ <Bandai Namco>

<PS3>
08&#12288;Fatal Inertia <Koei>

<Xbox360>
08/2/28&#12288;Idolm@ster Live For You! <Bandai Namco>
08/2/28&#12288;Idolm@ster Live For You! Limited Edition w/ Animation DVD <Bandai Namco>
08&#12288;Gundam Operation Troy <Bandai Namco>

<PS2>
08/2/14&#12288;KimiKiss (EbiColle+) <EnterBrain>
08/2/28&#12288;Torinohoshi Aerial Planet <N1>

News that at least might matter:
Sengoku BASARA 2: Braves' Side Story (PS2 & Wii; Capcom; 11/29)
* Three additions to combo system:
Fever Drive: Takes effect for 10 seconds after a particular combo length, works the same as Sengoku Drive
* Seal System: Hit an enemy with a "sealing" attack, and their life bar will glow gold. Hit them with a normal attack after and you get the opportunity for extra attack.
* Combo count during co-op keeps going up as long as at least one player is kicking ass at any one time

Idolm@ster Live For You! (Xbox360; Bandai Namco; 08/2/28) icecream in [url="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8597311&postcount=13]#13[/url]
-The player is a special type of Producer: chosen from among the fans, he gets a 1 day shot at being Producer.
-Kotori Otonashi will be on hand to assist the Producer
-During the Live performance one has to choose between options such as 'Support' or 'Photograph' with 'support' options including cheering, or secondary instrumental A/B.

Monster Hunter Portable 2ndG (PSP; Capcom; 3/13)
* "All data that isn't gamebreaking will carry over"; you can change sex, at which point sex-specific gear will also change.
* While hunting, an otomoail can be brought along, limited to one in single-player. There are many different types, with different patterns and abilities. Ther can be trained in the Ail Kitchen.
* G-class quests are unlocked, and other upper-rank quests are added, including the top-rank "Village Chief" quest from Necote.
* New monsters "Lightning Dragon Nargagarga", "Soaring Dragon Yamatsukami". Nargagarga looks like Tigarex in the body, and has a black panther motif (including face). Palette swap of Daimyo Uzaza also appears.
* New field "Deep Forest" in addition to previously-seen Volcano, Dunes, Cliffs, Forbidden Woods.
* On sharpness gauge, purple is now above white
* Mail for paint added.
* Lightning-elemental gunlance added.
* New varieties of hunter's pipes added

Short News
Nothing on FFXI, oddly.
Fate/unlimited codes, ARC, Capcom, fighting, 08/Spring, based on the Type Moon franchise, has at least Saber, Emiya, Archer, Lancer, Tohsaka
7xvquyb.jpg

White Knight Story, no text, but pictures of gear and a huge monster Greadeimos

Next Week
Choosing the Right Console For You (15 page thread confirmed if someone posts scans)
Super Mario Galaky submagazine
complete DQ4 walkthrough
Prof. Layton and the Devil's Box

Is it better to post news updates in new posts, where people think there's no news in the OP, or in the OP, where people don't see it for lack of bump?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I see they chose not to review DQIV, I hope we get new information this week.

TreIII

Mandoric said:
Is it better to post news updates in new posts, where people think there's no news in the OP, or in the OP, where people don't see it for lack of bump?

It'd probably be better to do both, really.

If you do both, so as to cover all your bases, and people still complain, then you'll have every right to tell 'em to kiss off. :D

On another note...I'm hoping for at least one more BASARA HEROES update. Game does come out in like another two weeks, so we should stand to get one more Fami-update before then.

And as always, any thing relating to Kunio-kun Dodge Ball DS would ALWAYS be welcome. :D :D

Streaks

EDIT: putting it back up...taking a chance....

Winning Eleven (PS2) 9988 (PS3) 9999 (X360) 9999

Odd scores for the PS3 version considering it's been pretty negative from just about everything I've read of that version. I'll be honest, I haven't read much but from what I've read...nowhere near quad-9s

Mandoric

Banned
Release Dates of games that don't matter
<NDS>
08/1/31 SIMPLE DS Chodanmaru! Custom Tank <D3>
08/1/31 SIMPLE DS Zombie Crisis <D3>
08/1 Everyone's DS Seminar: Music <TDK Core>
08/2 Akagawa Jiro's Mystery Nocturne <Marvelous>
08/Spring L the proLogue to DEATH NOTE: Spiral Trap <Konami>
08/Spring Gakken M Publisher: Famous Figures of the Edo Period <Global A>
08/Spring Vitamin X Evolution <D3>
08 Culdcept DS <Sega>

<PSP>
12/27 XYANIDE <Artin>
08/1/24 Winning Eleven 2008 Ubiquitous <Konami>
08/3/13 Monster Hunter P2ndG <Capcom>

<Wii>
08/2/28 Home Angling! Sega Bass Fishing <Sega>
08/Spring Family Jockey (working) <Bandai Namco>
08/Spring Pro Baseball Family Stadium (working) <Bandai Namco>
08 Fragile~Farewell, Moon Ruins~ <Bandai Namco>

<PS3>
08&#12288;Fatal Inertia <Koei>

<Xbox360>
08/2/28&#12288;Idolm@ster Live For You! <Bandai Namco>
08/2/28&#12288;Idolm@ster Live For You! Limited Edition w/ Animation DVD <Bandai Namco>
08&#12288;Gundam Operation Troy <Bandai Namco>

<PS2>
08/2/14&#12288;KimiKiss (EbiColle+) <EnterBrain>
08/2/28&#12288;Torinohoshi Aerial Planet <N1>

Shockingly realistic scores for Sonic/Mario in Peking for Famitsu. Is it assumed that it will be criticproof there and sell like crazy? Didn't the prez of sega promise to sell 3 million?

Also, I just noticed that GI gave it a 4.0 -- Holy shit!

Culdcept DS? Are there pics of that? Is it a port?

icecream

Public Health Threat
IM@S Live for You! news:
-The player is a special type of Producer: chosen from among the fans, he gets a 1 day shot at being Producer.
-During the Live performance one has to choose between options such as 'Support' or 'Photograph' with 'support' options including cheering, or secondary instrumental A/B.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
icecream said:
IM@S Live for You! news:

Wait....what?

Does this mean that the game will be REALLY short?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Japan has become boring the boring side of gaming!

I want my RE5, FFXIII, MGS4 (well I got all I need already, now waiting on the game), and MOAR RPGS!!!!!!

icecream said:
IM@S Live for You! news:

... hmm... I guess they're aiming to please.

Bebpo

Banned
Ok, I think it's time to close up shop.

New game factory in Japan has gone out of business, and Famitsu has now become a weekly list of shovelware/ports that no one cares about.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Aeana said:
I don't know if they'll review it at all. Doesn't Famitsu not review ports?
Oh that's what I meant, it doesn't look like they'll review it at this point. They don't always review ports and remakes but they've made exceptions before, sorry for not being clear.

BTW, it looks like a lot of people missed ethelred's Culdcept DS thread.

Troidal

Bebpo said:

New game factory in Japan has gone out of business, and Famitsu has now become a weekly list of shovelware/ports that no one cares about.

There won't be much exciting news for a long time...maybe until the New Year is done.

Time to play games!!!

Mandoric

Banned
Fever Drive: Takes effect for 10 seconds after a particular combo length, works the same as Sengoku Drive
* Seal System: Hit an enemy with a "sealing" attack, and their life bar will glow gold. Hit them with a normal attack after and you get the opportunity for extra attack.
* Combo count during co-op keeps going up as long as at least one player is kicking ass at any one time

Idolm@ster Live For You! (Xbox360; Bandai Namco; 08/2/28) icecream in [url="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8597311&postcount=13]#13[/url]

* "All data that isn't gamebreaking will carry over"; you can change sex, at which point sex-specific gear will also change.
* While hunting, an otomoail can be brought along, limited to one in single-player. There are many different types, with different patterns and abilities. Ther can be trained in the Ail Kitchen.
* G-class quests are unlocked, and other upper-rank quests are added, including the top-rank "Village Chief" quest from Necote.
* New monsters "Lightning Dragon Nargagarga", "Soaring Dragon Yamatsukami". Nargagarga looks like Tigarex in the body, and has a black panther motif (including face). Palette swap of Daimyo Uzaza also appears.
* New field "Deep Forest" in addition to previously-seen Volcano, Dunes, Cliffs, Forbidden Woods.
* Mail for paint added.

Hcoregamer00

Mandoric said:
* New field "Deep Forest" in addition to previously-seen Volcano, Dines, Cliffs, Forbidden Woods.
* Mail for paint added.

Capcom breaks taboos.

Sex-change standard gaming feature CONFIRMED.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Bebpo said:

But, but... Live 4 You!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Mandoric said:

Koei pwned again

* Mail for paint added.

This sounds like an upgrade for players that are really high level. Which I am not, sadness.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm actually kinda interested in BASARA 2. I hadn't played the original Devil Kings but it certainly looked like a better version of Mosou to me. Here's to hoping that Capcom localizes it.

Hcoregamer00

Quazar said:
So would people in Japan look at these Famitsu issues and get excited?

The same way we get "excited" for game scores here.

Just look at all the damn score threads posted TODAY.

Mandoric

Banned
Short News
Nothing on FFXI, oddly.
Fate/unlimited codes, ARC, Capcom, fighting, 08/Spring, based on the Type Moon franchise, has at least Saber, Emiya, Archer, Lancer, Tohsaka
7xvquyb.jpg

White Knight Story, no text, but pictures of gear and a huge monster Greadeimos

Next Week
Choosing the Right Console For You (15 page thread confirmed if someone posts scans)
Super Mario Galaky submagazine
complete DQ4 walkthrough
Prof. Layton and the Devil's Box

Hcoregamer00

Mandoric said:

Oh shit, if this is remotely as good as melty blood, I am buying.

icecream

Public Health Threat
A bit hesitant after Tiger Colosseum, but if Capcom is making it themselves this time, and use normal sprites, I'm in.

Quazar

Hcoregamer00 said:
The same way we get "excited" for game scores here.

Just look at all the damn score threads posted TODAY.

Sure, but the content has been pretty much garbage for months now. Other than couple new pics of games people actually care about. It's like watching c-span.

Hcoregamer00

Quazar said:
Sure, but the content has been pretty much garbage for months now. Other than couple new pics of games people actually care about. It's like watching c-span.

What a coincidence, the same thing about the game reviews we get excited about.

That Fire Emblem Gamespot thread is not talking about the high quality of the review.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Mandoric said:
Short News
Nothing on FFXI, oddly.
7xvquyb.jpg

!!!

I will check this out!

Bebpo

Banned
It's going to be funny when 10 years in the professional fighting game developer Arc System Works get themselves owned by a doujin game maker.

The chances of an Arc game being better than Melty Blood is very low considering their output these days.

Mandoric

Banned
Bebpo said:
It's going to be funny when 10 years in the professional fighting game developer Arc System Works get themselves owned by a doujin game maker.

The chances of an Arc game being better than Melty Blood is very low considering their output these days.

ARCade. :lol

Bebpo

Banned
Mandoric said:
ARCade. :lol

Hmmm...

So Capcom has no fighting game team members left anymore. Basara X is done by Arc System Works. Yet suddenly they are making SFIV and what looks to be a 3d Melty Blood?

Defuser

Mandoric said:
* Mail for paint added.
OH HELL YES!!! Wow!! Another sharpness level above white,as if white sharpness doesn't deal enough damage.

Top Bottom