• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken vs. Street Fighter: "We are changing & considering platform strategy."

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This probably isn't overly surprising given the timing of the game.

Via: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...les-reason-lack-details-initial-announcement/

KO Alliance UAE FGC Twitter said:
KO Alliance UAE FGC ‏@KOAlliance 18 Mar

@Harada_TEKKEN Harada-san long time since we heard any news on TKxSF? still at 10%? for PS3 or Ps4? info at TGS? E3? or Comic con? tell us
Source: https://twitter.com/KOAlliance/status/313606636092669952

Harada Twitter said:
Katsuhiro Harada ‏@Harada_TEKKEN

I said "under development" few days ago. We are changing & considering platform strategy. That's why we don't say anything.Thx RT@KOAlliance
Source: https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/313640941892284416

Takao

Banned
PS4/720/PC

Makes sense. I think the retail fighting game genre on PS3/360 is saturated now, and by doing this they can distance themselves further away from SFxT.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Changing and considering platform strategy?

What do these code words mean?

Well at one point they implied it was for 360/PS3, which would be their platform strategy.

Now they are changing and considering (if they should keep or change) that platform strategy.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Yeah at this point I think most people expect this to be PS4/720.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Honestly, sticking it on next-gen / PC could give Harada a good excuse to experiment with a new engine / new visual style and start building fresh models for the Tekken cast. But without the danger of screwing up Tekken 7 on their first try.

Then once TvsSF is done, they can make Tekken 7 their "second generation" PS4/720 project.

Khal_B

If the new Naruto game makes it to Steam and does well enough, I hope Namco considers releasing this on Steam as well.

Tizoc

PS4/720/PC

Makes sense. I think the retail fighting game genre on PS3/360 is saturated now, and by doing this they can distance themselves further away from SFxT.

Actually there was a quote by Harada where he mentioned that he doesn't think releasing fighting games on PC would be proftibale/reach a wider audiance.
...but I hope he changes his stance.
I don't feel like getting a new console just for it >_>;

kuroshiki

Until namco modeling team actually make females look less like transsexuals, and more like actual CG model, I don't give a shit about what they make.

Seriously do something about those shoulders. WTF.

Would certainly help it differentiate from SFxT. Also, get back to work on Smash Bros.! *whip*

How involved is he on Smash? How about Hideo Baba?

If I was running BN, I'd put everyone of my top people on the game and spare no expense, because you KNOW it's going to kill it sales-wise, hell, it might be their highest seller in ages, what BN games have done Smash numbers? Brawl is by far the highest in the series right? As of March 2012 it's nearly 11 Million worldwide.

Takao

Banned

If I was running BN, I'd put everyone of my top people on the game and spare no expense, because you KNOW it's going to kill it sales-wise, hell, it might be their highest seller in ages, what BN games have done Smash numbers? Brawl is by far the highest in the series right? As of March 2012 it's nearly 11 Million worldwide.

Who do you think made the money from Smash Bros. Brawl? Nintendo or Game Arts?

Who do you think made the money from Smash Bros. Brawl? Nintendo or Game Arts?

Not saying Nintendo won't make the bulk, but BN will surely have the second biggest, hell they're much more exposed and probably have an even larger involvement than GA did.

Their logo will surely be on the box for one. :p

It's funny that for Brawl, it was also worked on by Monolith and Paon among others, I remember Monolith helping out with some Subspace backgrounds.

Noshino

While doing what you say would indeed get their name out there, I don't really see it as a good move:

- Very unlikely that they are getting a big percentage of sales. Selling games+dlc on their own is likely to earn them more.
- IP doesnt belong to them
- They have other games in development
- Nintendo will put their own top people on it (its a big brand after all)

vocab

Should be on the newer consoles. It will be a good sell if it comes out close to launch because it will have no competition.

LakeEarth

I think a bit of time between SFxT and TxSF would be beneficial. Plus, when you are one of the first fighters on a next-gen platform, you get that "wow" factor, which is always good for more sales.

Stick it on the 3DS

At the very least have a 3DS version, SSFIV3D did REALLY well for them, it apparently did over 1 million worldwide.

Did they not practically do SF from the ground up on 3DS? Porting down directly would not have worked. So I don't see how it wouldn't be possible.

Pachimari

If they are only now thinking of which consoles to be on, then I don't think it'll be ready close to launch. More like by the end of 2014.

synce

Wish they hadn't signed this dumb contract. Can anyone honestly say they'd rather play another crossover than Tekken 7?

Slight derail. Is it that bad? I've been thinking of getting it on the cheap

I'd take it as an early PS4/720 title in a heart beat

Its not bad. Early adopters were kind of burned because it was pretty bad then. traditional fighter fans were turned off because of dumb mechanics like gems, which can be disabled or set to use 'generic' gems but who wants to do that everytime they play with friends? And you can't disable them online so online play can be kind of dumb.

Either way, it was a pretty big letdown from what people were expecting.

AAK

Slight derail. Is it that bad? I've been thinking of getting it on the cheap

It was a game that demanded fundamentals and lots and lots of experimentation to prosper in. It's a game that unfortunately doesn't resonate so well in this post 2009 community where the most popular games are SF4 and Marvel.

BUT, Capcom are hugley to blame for its reception with the way they handled the on disc DLC and the overpowered autoblock gems you could originally buy pre-patch from the Marketplace/PSN.

About TxSF, All I'm gonna say it must suck being the Tekken team right now. Trying to shoehorn Street Fighter characters into the Tekken engine just sounds like an impossible task.

Top Bottom