• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Launches "Citizen Skywatch" Website, Twitter, And YouTube Channel

ReaperXL7

seems abit more fitting for Bioshock infinite if it's related to an already announced game.

Hope it's a new ip though.

DiscoJer

Wouldn't X-com make more sense? It's about UFOs coming out of the sky...and in the 1950s when it was set, there were numerous civilian UFO groups like NICAP and ARPO

ReaperXL7

DiscoJer said:
Wouldn't X-com make more sense? It's about UFOs coming out of the sky...and in the 1950s when it was set, there were numerous civilian UFO groups like NICAP and ARPO

You have a point, but Bioshock infinite is based in a city in the sky, and alot of personal political undertones. Both make sense no doubt, but i just get this feeling that 2K is going to back Bioshock much more than they will X-com.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
DiscoJer said:
That's a good point. I could envision something called 'Citizen Skywatch' belonging in the BI universe just as much, though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I mention Borderlands 2 as the game is at GamesCom and there's a giant satellite that spies on the entire planet while reinforcing troops.

ReaperXL7

Neuromancer said:
Marketing for a proper turn based isometric X-Com game for Steam, XBLA, and PSN.

Lol, in our dreams.......We will get a new proper X-com, the exact same day we get a new proper shadowrun, which at this point is probably never.

Wallach

BigJiantRobut said:
Has to be XCom, that font is too 1950's pulp cinema for Bioshock Infinite or Borderlands.

In the YT profile, the user's age is listed as "80". Is that relevant to any of the games' plot lines somehow?

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
"teletype"

Either XCOM or Infinite.

Lakitu

st5fu
My guess is it's something to do with Bioshock Infinite.

Still:

Interestingly, a quick WHOIS lookup brings up developer Rockstar’s name into the mix, with the host server belonging to them.

Domain Name: CITIZENSKYWATCH.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS.TAKE2GAMES.COM
Name Server: NS5.TAKE2GAMES.COM
Name Server: NS6.ROCKSTARGAMES.COM
Updated Date: 12-aug-2011
Creation Date: 26-apr-2011
Expiration Date: 26-apr-2016

http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/15/take-two-teasing-citizen-skywatch/

Edit: I wouldn't look too much into that. Apparently it's the case for most Take Two related URLs.

td_rules

Neo Member
Could be World War Z, I seem to remember Skywatch being a part of the storyline.
Plus Brad Pitt is butchering the book at the moment via the medium of film so it could be a tie in?

DiscoJer

I thought this sounded sort of familiar.

In the 1950s they had the "Ground Observer Corps", basically people would watch the skies for enemy bombers (or in the movie The Deadly Mantis, a giant Mantis)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_Observer_Corps

By 1952 the program was expanded with a new organizational plan named Operation Skywatch with over three-quarters of a million volunteers taking shifts at over 16 thousand posts and 75 relay centers.

And what is interesting is that some of these resulted in UFO sightings and speculation it was really aimed at UFOs

http://www.nicap.org/bluebook/skyw.htm

whyman

I hope its a GTA syle game set in the "future". Flying cars, people being watched by drones in the sky etc... This combined with Art Deco would rule!

Lets hope we hear something at Gamescom!

Site updated?

THE INVASION HAS BEGUN
Aug 12
Posted by CITIZEN ONE

ATTENTION CITIZEN SOLDIERS:

THE INVASION HAS BEGUN.

OUR SKIES ARE FILLED WITH THE SHADOWS OF AN ENEMY UNKNOWN: ITS ORIGIN IMPENETRABLE, ITS PURPOSE INSCRUTABLE, ITS METHODS -- INCREDIBLE.

THE TRUTH CANNOT BE DENIED... YET OUR DEFENDERS DENY IT.
XCOM'd

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
ATTENTION CITIZEN SOLDIERS:

THE INVASION HAS BEGUN.

OUR SKIES ARE FILLED WITH THE SHADOWS OF AN ENEMY UNKNOWN: ITS ORIGIN IMPENETRABLE, ITS PURPOSE INSCRUTABLE, ITS METHODS -- INCREDIBLE.

THE TRUTH CANNOT BE DENIED... YET OUR DEFENDERS DENY IT.
Definitely a XCOM viral.

Edit: beaten.

Top Bottom