• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshot of new Prince of Persia game?

The joke is that the boys in the screenshot look nothing like actual little boys, hence referring to them as "child men."
But that just flew over your head, didn't it?

LMAO looks like the one Bioware made for Mass Effect 3's ending XD, developers don't really model child proportion well XD.

Muzzy

Well, why not. I enjoyed the Arabian Nights atmosphere from POP 2008 (and still hope a sequel to that) but Egypt as a setting seems good to me provided it keeps the ol' good platforming gameplay.

UrbanRats

Doesn't seem too bad to me (considering the alpha stage it's in).
The "God of War" mention though is worrying.
Also the gritty obnoxious style could end up being too much to handle.

Zoibie

PoP 08 had such a refreshing art style, this is just super disappointing. Technically it looks great, but still...

By next gen all Ubisoft games will be the same game.

Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Assassins Creed, Beyond Good and Evil: all gritty realistic shooters taking place in the middle east.

LMAO looks like the one Bioware made for Mass Effect 3's ending XD, developers don't really model child proportion well XD.

Well, to properly model little children, you would have to study their bodies extensively, and that would probably get you at least 10 years in the clink.

By next gen all games will be the same game.

Call of Duty, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Assassins Creed, Beyond Good and Evil, Halo, Gears of War, Battlefield, Mass Effect, Crysis, Uncharted, Killzone, Mario, Zelda, Sonic, Pokemon, Metroid, Forza, SimCity, Tetris: all gritty realistic shooters taking place in the middle east.

Fixed.

Ughhhhh that art style. PoP 2008 looked beautiful, the GAME was the issue.

I'm willing to bet killing in motion, mark & execute, wall hacks, and ghost panthers will also be a part of this.

jediyoshi

rest in peace sweet prince

v8wn9.jpg

Xdrive05

Bottom-right corner, is that "3.09MB"?

Could that be short hand for 3,09xMB, where x is the single digit thus insignificant for testing... meaning this is memory usage? If so, that scene is using just over 3GB. And the number is in green, meaning a "safe" amount of current memory footprint.

Or it's referring to the frame buffer which actually could be 3.09MB (or could have 3.09MB left to work with in the eDRAM)... ;)

I like the realistic look of it. Can't believe the reactions, though. Is it because of how it looks from that screenshot? You can tell the pic has been super compressed.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I like the realistic look of it. Can't believe the reactions, though. Is it because of how it looks from that screenshot?

this right here. I loved the sands of time pop trilogy. I skipped 2008 because they said gameplay to a major step back . I hope this makes it out and rectifies some of the past games short comings.

Paranerd

Neo Member
Not digging the look. I don't remember the Prince looking that bulky, and the 'God of War' bit isn't what I'd want in a new Prince of Persia. But hey, maybe it'll be cool.

I like the realistic look of it. Can't believe the reactions, though. Is it because of how it looks from that screenshot? You can tell the pic has been super compressed.

Because the realistic look is a sign that the franchise is NOT moving in a direction that the fans want it to and, if the info in the other thread is correct, it will just become a bad God of War clone.

Zapages

I don't think it's gonna be great again until Mechner returns to the franchise. That seems to be the main difference between Sands of Time and everything that followed it. And I hear Mechner's involved with Beyond Good & Evil 2.

Also, Ubisoft should give up on melee combat at this point. They suck at it.

As far as I know... Jordan Mechner is working on porting The Last Express onto iOS and doing HD version of Karateka (PSN/XBLA)...

Wanted PoP 2008 2, but I guess another Assassin Creed sequel will do, Seriously thou Hopefully this one screenshot is a terrible representation of the final game

looks like shit, I mean SHIT, like really SHIT; how could they fuck up such an amazing game so badly? The mystic and magical feeling of PoP game used to ooze from the graphic style

Jawmuncher

Ugggh I hope not.
You could have showed me that and I would have thought it was something from Assassins Creed. It looks nothing like PoP.
I'll give it a chance but if this is real, its not a good first impression.

Top Bottom