• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salsa

ih1wAXjk1juLd.gif

Look at the left eyelid. Take a close look.

Notice the weird shape it takes at the end of the loop?

Thats a vector not reacting to the movement of the motion capturing tracking ball that maybe sticked to his skin.

I love this thread

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Now that we have a nice clean HD version to make gif's from.

ibuSNavZEhIcdo.gif

The shadow that "bugged out" that had you fools convinced it was CG is clearly a lightsource illuminating his face, almost looks like a camera flash.

31QwmH4.png

MormaPope

Banned
Now that we have a nice clean HD version to make gif's from.

Dj4vRykXtvG8yntJbqYLOz325KxBOi5QRy6zaCu5j9xD-b4Q4-XuXWEeRjadPPQeaSQ9WN_tEA

The shadow that "bugged out" that had you fools convinced it was CG is clearly a lightsource illuminating his face, almost looks like a camera flash.

31QwmH4.png

In the interview it's barely viable or pronounced, whenever it's shown in any gif's it looks a lot more pronounced/blatant.

Krilekk

Banned
Jesus Christ, this is still ongoing?

We haven't reached that level of CG fidelity yet. Team Real.

We are there with prerendered graphics but of course not in realtime. Listening to people say otherwise when the very same people talk about Thief 4 graphics as current gen and diminishing returns is hilarious.

Mechazawa

We are there with prerendered graphics but of course not in realtime. Listening to people say otherwise when the very same people talk about Thief 4 graphics as current gen and diminishing returns is hilarious.

Are we? The Audrey Hepburn figure in the recent chocolate commercial looks pretty damn impressive, but I've never seen any CGI that both looked and animated with this level of fidelity. Are we supposed to believe that KojiPro is pulling off stuff that high budget movies aren't even capable of?

And yeah, the thread title doesn't make any sense. So is it CG or being rendered by Fox Engine(the later of which is hilariously ridiculous)?

Mikey Jr.

#TeamCG, Some of the best 3d artists in the world have not been able to create a talking human in video that looks flawless.

So you are saying, of all the fucking people in the world, Kojima has done it?

Come on guys.

Come on.

#TeamCG, Some of the best 3d artists in the world have not been able to create a talking human in video that looks flawless.

Come on guys.

Come on.

Don't underestimate Kojima. He is not one to be trifled with.

I'm siding with those that actually want The Phantom Pain to exist as a real, standalone game reflecting the mood of the trailer, rather than some elaborate and empty stepping stone to another MGS game.

#Team Whale

Mikey Jr.

Don't underestimate Kojima. He is not one to be trifled with.

I just wonder how teamcg is going to feel when we find out it was all real? Will they question their own sanity? Because im telling you, that was real. How are you guys going to justify in your minds all the things that made it "cg"?

Can I beg for a Wii U port? lol

Edit :
QiBRRhl.png
btw

But just because I would find any another marketing explanation so ridiculous and deceptive (why the bandages, why an interview so badly done : lighting / questions / answers / shitty done unwanted leak. And why such a strange behaviour, his facial expressions looks so weird...)

mango drank

I just wonder how teamcg is going to feel when we find out it was all real? Will they question their own sanity? Because im telling you, that was real. How are you guys going to justify in your minds all the things that made it "cg"?

What's sad is GAF is supposed to be one of the smarter gaming forums on the web. This is one of the saddest threads I've ever seen on here.

EDIT: It's probably been mentioned, but this is like the antithesis to the absolutely brilliant Detective GAF thread in which people picked up on clues in The Phantom Pain trailer and sussed out that it was really a Metal Gear game. This thread completely nullifies that one.

MormaPope

Banned

I'll just put on my sunglasses and fly away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYw2nj36NCM

Don't watch if you never somehow saw The Matrix yet.

What's sad is GAF is supposed to be one of the smarter gaming forums on the web. This is one of the saddest threads I've ever seen on here.

Have you gone to the off topic side yet? I assume you haven't, from users getting cancer to users making up a story about their girlfriend being kidnapped.

All kinds of sadness await thee.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Geoff Keighley posted here saying GDC will be great.

Oh crap! You just know this thread is going to be in the neogaf documentary...

Anyone notice that we only get to see 5 of the 6 screenshots on Joakim's iPad? Well guess what, I found the 6th screenshot!

cVGbn3G.png

Is that a Blade Runner reference? If it is, then I salute you sir!
Weird ads on gaf:

itf6b5zARSEfj.gif

For the record:

31QwmH4.png

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
If that's real, Pixar and Dreamworks should both be ashamed a (fake) game company is beating them.

31QwmH4.png

KSai

Come on guys.

Come on.

Hideo. Fucking. Kojima.

Give him some credit, he's done a lot after starting out as a struggling writer.

Niwa

Kojima Kaminandesuka.

I'm with team CG because it's not just any person, it's Kojima. I'd go batshit insane if it was CG.

QiBRRhl.png

Lijik

Have we considered that its actually a cg Geoff? Maybe Geoff has been a cg consgruct of kojimas all along. The long grift

Maaseru

Banned
Thread of the decade hahahahaha, Kojima has done it again...if even indirectly.

My favorite parts are over analizing why the dude is CG and the part when Keighley ask if the game/images are Fox Engine and the dude freaks out hahaha. Also Kramer gift, nobel prize please lol

JOAKIM MOGREN
JOAKI MOGREN
DOAKI MOGREN
DOVKI MOGREN
DOVKI MAGREN
DOVKI MAGTEN
DOVKD MAGTEN
DOVID HAGTEN
DOVID HAGTER
DAVID HAGTER
DAVID HAYTER

onQ123

is this the same NeoGaf that Jr'ed me for making 4K Gaming threads? lol

too funny. but I hope it's CG from the Fox engine because that will mean that video games have final beat Toy Story lol.

The movements & the fact that the light in his eyes make me believe it's CG also.

Mikey Jr.

Are the people saying it's CG trolling or joking now? I can't tell anymore.

I think part of it is that people want to believe it soooo badly. They'll take any piece of evidence they can, no matter how insignificant.
I kinda feel sorry for them. So many hearts will be crushed.

Top Bottom