• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

calder

Sounds like I slept through an exciting Jets game. A respectable OT loss works great for the tank!

Ah well let's see if Oilers and flyers get testy. Shit the Oilers might lose 6-5 in regulation yet lol

Stasis

Good chance the Rangers will literally never win at Barclays Center. We're done there for this season.

We should blame the ice. Remember when ours sucked? It's a lot better now but teams back then would use that excuse. That the Rangers were used to it. And they kind of were. We need to flip that.

Just like my dad texting me that we're facing the "Tavereses" tonight. Reminded me so much of us being the "Lundqvists" forever. We need to use all of these excuses.

Or not. I love it though!

edit: and let me add, I think Julien is gonna be HUGE (YUGE) for the Habs. Give it a few games. I wasn't here when it all went down so I don't know general opinion, but around Montreal/suburbs people are generally ecstatic. I would be too. I think MTL, especially with another move or two, is dangerous AF in the playoffs and can take on pretty much anyone. Definitely us, anyway.

Quick

Banned
I wonder if Bergevin takes a look at a guy like Kane, shouldn't cost as much as Landeskog, although I'm sure his off ice issues scares him and would be awful in a huge market like Montreal.

Imagine paying money to watch this?

I had to pause for a moment because "Kane" and "off-ice issues" still correlate to either one.

But then I realize you're referring to Evander, but not because he's black.

Weevilone

Paajarvi. In 2017. What a world.

Blues came home and avoided losing what was really a trap game for a tired team. It wasn't pretty but will take it.

49 and 6 stuck around and signed some autographs after. I think 49 looks like he's developing well, good future I think.

Predators on track to sell out every home game for first time

For the Nashville Predators, the days of struggling to sell enough tickets to ensure their home in Music City are long gone.

The hockey franchise is on track to sell out every home game this season, which would be a first in franchise history. In fact, buoyed by last year’s successful All-Star Game at Bridgestone Arena, Predators executives say the team’s business operations have been on a hot streak.

The team has brought back former corporate partners, expanded relationships with other partners and introduced cutting-edge ticket sales strategies that put season ticket sales at an all-time high.

It was just seven years ago that the Predators were in danger of being sold and possibly leaving town because of poor ticket sales and lack of local corporate partners. If the team had slipped below an average of 14,000 fans per game, it could have triggered a clause in its old lease agreement allowing it to opt out and leave town.

The All-Star Game put the spotlight of the hockey world on Music City, and the Predators turned the event into a weeklong music, hockey and entertainment festival. Team executives knew the event was a success, but it took a year for the Predators to appreciate how much it meant to their bottom line.

It also helps that they have a player that can actually be marketed like the swagger that is present within Nashville in PK Subban, certainly more so then the stuck up media market in Montreal.

iLLmAtlc

Smashville has always been an underrated market imo. Even back in like 2011-2012 their crowds were lively and they do that weird chant thing.

imBask

Banned
Today's the first practice with Claude Julien

RDS is going to show it

The practice is going to be on cable TV.

A practice.

Quick

Banned
Watching that Black Mirror San Juniperno episode right now.

Kinda just fell in love with Gugu Mbatha-Raw.

tumblr_ofhkt2HuaU1t7ylyho1_500.gif

Blues came home and avoided losing what was really a trap game for a tired team. It wasn't pretty but will take it.

49 and 6 stuck around and signed some autographs after. I think 49 looks like he's developing well, good future I think.

Canucks were playing their 6th road game in 10 days and started their backup. You were fine.

Top Bottom