• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS - The oFFicial Thread

KZObsessed

12214c1.jpg

5cft03.jpg

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS │ SUCKER PUNCH PRODUCTIONS

dwawc4.jpg

SuckerPunch.com

Sucker Punch Productions, L.L.C. was founded in October 1997, and has steadily built its reputation by creating innovative, stylish, critically acclaimed character-based video games. Based in Bellevue, WA, the team is currently making its debut on to the SONY PlayStation® 3 with the super hero action-adventure, new IP inFAMOUS.
The team last completed Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, for the SONY PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system. The Sly Cooper franchise incorporates many of Sucker Punch’s signature talents including award winning toon-shaded animation and art direction, visual style, immersive storylines, strong characters and highly interactive worlds, which have culminated to make the series a three-time "Greatest Hit" with Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, Sly 2: Band of Thieves and Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus. All three titles have combined to sell over four million copies worldwide. In 2003, Sly took honors at both the IGDA and AIAS awards ceremonies, including "Original Game Character of the Year", "Outstanding Achievement in Animation" and "Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction."

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS │ INFORMATION

GENRE │ 3RD PERSON / SANDBOX / ACTION-ADVENTURE / PLATFORMER
RELEASE DATES │ NA: MAY 26TH / EU: MAY 29TH / JPN:

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS │ UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES MP BETA

2ylkxn6.jpg

inFAMOUS / UNCHARTED 2 Announcement Trailer
UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES MP Trailer

2yxrlsn.gif
TROPHIES │ 1 PLATINUM, 1 GOLD, 14 SILVER, 34 BRONZE

293hn2h.jpg
OFFICIAL WEBSITE
inFAMOUS.com
IGN inFAMOUS Destination HUB

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS │ PREORDER BONUS

BEST BUY │ Early Access to DEMO – MAY 7TH
AMAZON │ Reaper Costume For PlayStation® HOME™ Avatar
GAMESTOP │ Exclusive GIGAWATT BLADES Code
GAME CRAZY │ Early Access to DEMO – MAY 7TH
ShopTo │ LIMITED EDTION – Artbook / POWER / “CELEBRATORY” Digipack Packing
JB HI-FI │ inFAMOUS T-SHIRT & GIGAWATT BLADES Code

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS │ VIDEOS/INTERVIEWS

inFAMOUS Official Launch Trailer
Sucker Punch Developer Diary Part 1
Sucker Punch Developer Diary Part 2
Sucker Punch Developer Diary Part 3

EMPIRE CITY Trailer
2007 E3 Trailer
2008 E3 Trailer
Superpowers Trailer
I Am Scared Trailer
Karma Moments Trailer
inFAMOUS Trailer from PIEO
Terrorized Streets Mission Gameplay
Empire City Gameplay
Monstrous Machine Gameplay
Transient Tower Gameplay
GIANT BOMB - 24 mins of Gameplay Footage
inFAMOUS – Behind the Scenes Part 1
inFAMOUS – Behind the Scenes Part 2
Nate Fox Interview
Brian Flemming Interview
Bruce Oberg Interview
Chris Zimmerman Interview

inFAMOUS - Your Questions Answered (#1)

inFAMOUS - Your Questions Answered (#2)

Q&A: Sucker Punch’s Bruce Oberg talks inFAMOUS

2hyia0o.gif
TV MARKETING CAMPAIGN │ inFAMOUS TV Spot

psn_logo.jpg

DEMO │ AVAILABLE ON PlayStation® NETWORK – MAY 21ST
SOUNDTRACK │ Amon Tobin, James Dooley, Mel Wesson, Martin Tillman and Clint Bajakian
AVAILABLE ON PlayStation® NETWORK │ MAY 21ST - $9.99

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS BOX ART / SCEE BUNDLE
2w5niig.jpg

91exza.jpg

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS │ CHARACTERS
23hrptu.jpg

COLE MCGRATH │ A bike messenger and urban explorer. Cole was assigned to deliver a package that caused an explosion that ripped through a 6 block radius; in which he gained electricity based super powers.

ZEKE │ Cole's best friend, Zeke has a taste for conspiracy theories and a deep distrust of the government. As chaos spreads through Empire City, Zeke comes to believe that it's everyman for himself and that the only way out of this mess is for everyone to get super-powers.

TRISH  │ Cole's girlfriend is smart, beautiful and loving - but even her fierce loyalty cannot survive the tragedies of Empire City. Trish lost her sister in the blast that gives Cole his powers. Blaming Cole for the death of her sister, Trish spends her time doing what she can to help the people still trapped within Empire City. Trish was a MED student.

MOYA │ An FBI agent, Moya tasks Cole with finding a device called the Ray Sphere and locating her missing husband, a fellow FBI agent named john. If Cole helps Moya, she will clear his name and get him out of the city.

DALLAS │ Dallas, known to the citizens of Empire City as the Voice of Survival, he began a pirate television broadcast after the quarantine was imposed. Alternating between broadcasting helpful information and propaganda aimed at undermining Cole, Dallas is a constant presence in the city.

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS │ GAME FEATURES
2ezgx0x.jpg

Be a Hero │ Take on the role of Cole, an everyday guy and urban explorer, who develops a wide range of electricity-based powers.  Learn how to control Cole’s evolving powers in an attempt to save Empire City and its people.

Super Powers │ Unleash a wide range of electricity-based super powers that evolve and grow based on the decisions you make during the course of the game. Play as an evil character and the available power upgrades reflect your sadistic streak. On the flipside, playing as a good character unlocks good upgrades. Your actions dictate your gameplay experience.
50fmg1.jpg

Urban Exploration │ As an experienced urban explorer, Cole is capable of traversing nearly any surface, whether it's the face of a skyscraper or a dilapidated tenement building. Explore Empire City in a way that no one else can, and use the city to open up a wide array of offensive and defensive combat options.

Epic Battles │ Experience what it is like to be a true hero, taking responsibility for every action, as players battle against powerful, iconic villains.
vg4q5k.jpg

Open Dynamic World │ Coupling rich powers with a reactive environment and population, experience complete freedom to explore a deep, open interactive city.  With over 100 missions spanning three massive islands, players will be challenged to decide if they choose to save or destroy Empire City.

Organic City Ecology │ Watch the citizens and city react and evolve depending on players’ actions.  Events will unfold based on the role players take in them, creating broader reactions in the city’s people and environment.

Graphic Novel Storytelling │ Journey with Cole as he discovers what it means to be a modern day super hero. A dynamic story arc is unveiled as players progress through the game, told through a combination of graphic novel cutscenes and comic book animation.
1zck0w2.jpg

33ekm5e.jpg

6i8oec.jpg

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS │ SOME POWERS
2w65c1x.jpg

Lightning Bolt │ Let fly with high voltage bolts, wounding or killing enemies, destroying objects or powering up machines.

Shockwave │ Create a wave of high impact energy that sends cars and enemies into the air.

Bio Leech │ Overpower an enemy then use this attack to suck the electrical energy from the neurons in their brain.

Pulse Heal │ Heal the wounded with a short burst of electrical energy applied direct to an injured person's chest from Cole's hands. Acts as a Defibrillator.

Static Thrusters │ Glide around Empire City with ease thanks to the static electricity from Cole's hands.

Shock Grenade │ An explosive ball of electrical energy that explodes with impressive force, damaging everything caught in its blast.

Lightning Storm │ Take advantage of charged particles in the air and summon a colossal lighting strike. Guide it left or right using SIXAXIS.

Precision │ An advanced ability that lets Cole briefly slow down time, zoom in on an enemy and blast them with a super-charged lighting burst.

Arc Restraint │ A non-violent way of dealing with villains; this ability uses electricity to pin an enemy's hands and feet to the ground.

Thunder Drop │ Leap from the top of a building and hit the ground extra hard; on impact creating an electric shockwave that sends people and objects flying.

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS │ OVERVIEW / STORYLINE / KARMA

OVERVIEW │
30dhs42.jpg

A massive explosion rips through a six square blocks of Empire City, leveling everything and everyone in its path. At the center of the blast a lone man has survived the event and has been changed forever. Players will experience what happens when a real person suddenly starts developing super powers. Will they exact revenge, protect the innocent or do a little of both? These are the situations gamers will face when immersed inside a richly interactive and organic living city; A place where actions create broader reactions in the citizens and landscape around them. inFAMOUS lets players unravel an evolving mystery, experience fame and/or infamy and battle powerful iconic villains, all the while feeling what it is like to become a modern day superhero.

STORYLINE │
25j87r7.jpg

Cole, an everyday guy, sets out to deliver a package in the downtown area of Empire City. Present at the scene of a devastating explosion that rocks Empire City, he barely manages to survive the event. As riots erupts in the aftermath, the collapses into chaos and becomes overrun by powerful criminals. The city is quarantined from the mainland and television broadcasts link Cole to the scene of the crime. Cole is now a wanted man but he’s also wielding extraordinary powers as a result of the explosion.
As an evolving mystery unfolds, Cole must learn how to grasp his newfound super powers as he searches for the real culprits behind the blast in an attempt to rescue Empire City from complete anarchy.

KARMA │
2hx8vnd.jpg
156seg4.jpg

Karma System │ Choose to be as good or evil as you want to be with a six-level karma system that monitors moment-to-moment actions, allowing players to see how Cole is perceived by the people of Empire City. Starting in neutral position, players can perform good deeds and rise to Guardian, Champion and Hero ranks, or they can perform unkind acts and lower their ranks to Thug, Outlaw and Infamous.

Karma Moments │ Discover the direct consequences of your actions with over 15 pivotal points in the story where you will be forced to make a choice and then deal with the end result.
b85pap.jpg

imt2k8.jpg

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS │ Screenshots

2jd40oi.jpg
rhps8g.jpg

33afqbp.jpg
2e1dkck.jpg

n4b2c1.jpg
14mxpcj.jpg

33b2t03.jpg
24e80zq.jpg

2rm14rm.jpg
2iuyxxs.jpg

2m4owsj.jpg
2m363v8.jpg

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS │ GiFs │ SolidSnakex │ Click

25ozcyc.gif

24digb4_th.gif
9kbdj6_th.gif

4tkp6x_th.gif
21aerq_th.gif

25ewltk_th.gif
2d7wsvd_th.gif

15ebhtw_th.gif
2iiflmd_th.gif

wf3m_th.gif
2rfwtp3_th.gif

xfvvys_th.gif
2cxxfyx_th.gif

53s6dx_th.gif
2ihw6kg_th.gif

Larger Sizes HERE and HERE

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS │ Wallpapers │ Click

Evil:

Hero:

Mixed:

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS │ SPECIAL THANKS │ HELP / SUPPORT

Loudninja1 │ Solidsnakex │ BruceLeeRoy │ Kagari │ Kittonwy │ Wollan │Click │ PlayStation® Boards │ All of GAF

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS - The oFFicial Thread │ CHRP718 (content creator) │ FFObsessed (posting on behalf of CHRP718)
This thread is yours – want to add or change anything? Let us know :)

ot0uic.jpg

293hn2h.jpg
inFAMOUS │ REVIEWS - "I could somehow, I dunno... hear the voices of the dying"

2z4fhau.gif
MetaCritic - inFAMOUS

IGN US │ 9.2
IGN UK │ 9.0
IGN AUS │ 8.6
Official PlayStation Magazine UK │ 9/10
Game Informer │ 9.0 - Game of the Month
Gaming Age │ A-
1UP.com │ A-
Eurogamer │ 7/10
Gametrailers │ 9/10
Gamespot │ 9.0
GiantBomb │ 5/5

2qn4eo3.jpg

Great OP! Been waiting for this for a while. Very well made... *Goes off to read it in detail*

FFobsessed? What happened to Kitton?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
demo was very fun!

I'm looking forward to spending a couple of hours feeling like badass with electrical powers. :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
iamcool388 said:
Great OP! Been waiting for this for a while. Very well made... *Goes off to read it in detail*

FFobsessed? What happened to Kitton?

I wuz here teh whole time. Chrp did an amazing job.
gladtomeetya.gif

About the game, does anyone else find the little sound after a successful take down pretty damned sweet? Makes you feel like you've accomplished something after each and every little kill.

Mardil

Nice. First of all I gotta say I'm in love with the game demo. If the mission structure doesn't get repetitive, I can see myself playing the game for a long time to come. I've never been big on sandbox games (GTA, Crackdown), but the sense of completely overpowering your enemies feels so good.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
AltogetherAndrews said:
About the game, does anyone else find the little sound after a successful take down pretty damned sweet? Makes you feel like you've accomplished something after each and every little kill.
to be honest, I never even noticed it.

but hey, killing was combat fun in the demo, so it might have been working on a subconscious level ;)

Dante

cool names, but you misspelled spoiler Loudninja :p

Any pics or art of the other gangs, I've pretty much only seen the Reapers so far.

Rez said:
to be honest, I never even noticed it.

but hey, killing was combat fun in the demo, so it might have been working on a subconscious level ;)

There's a little swoosh sound after you successfully eliminate an enemy. Precision bombing some dude 2 streets over and hearing that sound is very satisfying.

FFobsessed you should ask Nightz if he would like to give his impressions in a paragraph... it can be added in the OP as GAF impressions! I think he is done with the game.

Is the demo coming this week to the public or is it after release? Been really impressed by all the videos I've seen, so now I just want to play it.

jmd494

the picture in the OP reminds me of that Abe Lincoln quote that was originally associated with this game: "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. "

Awesome quote that really fits the game.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Urgh. Really, we can't talk about gang names? Maybe people that sensitive shouldn't visit the official thread.

Better safe than sorry. Whole buncha people here who only need an excuse to twist their panties in a bunch. :lol

wouwie

Great official thread.

Must add that i love the cartoon (cut-scene) artwork. Looks fab. Note to Sucker Punch: please make another PS3 theme. The one you did is still my favourite theme and one of the few that i keep on for longer periods. I'd love to have another theme with some of these cartoon graphics.

Very much looking forward to trying out the demo now.

Kittonwy

Banned
I AM JOHN! said:
Kitton did not deliver, that cat bastard. :|

Had I deriver would I getz erectrical superpowahz?
angry.gif

I was going to post this but I just got home and work has disallowed posting on forumz.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
AltogetherAndrews said:
There's a little swoosh sound after you successfully eliminate an enemy. Precision bombing some dude 2 streets over and hearing that sound is very satisfying.

Oh excellent! I love that in KZ2 multiplayer. They should have used the "chirp" :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The AnswerV said:
AVAILABLE ON PlayStation® NETWORK │ MAY 21ST - $9.99

$9.99? What does that mean?
it says soundtrack available on playstation network may 21st for 9.99

Top Bottom