• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Image Epoch JRPG Conference - All info in OP, NISA to release IE titles in US/Europe

duckroll

Official Site: http://www.jrpg.jp/
Live Stream: http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv32351518
Live Blog: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/11/24/imageepoch_live_blog/

jrpg_logo.jpg

It starts at 2pm Japan Time, so that's about 70-80mins from now. Details have semi-leaked in Famitsu, so we know the following details at least:

Black★Rock Shooter The Game:
- PSP RPG
- Coming Summer 2011
- Regular Edition: 6279yen, LE: 10,479yen
- Directed by Niinou, written by Nojima
- RPG + Shooting + TPS
- Set in the year 2051 AD, after an alien invasion has destroyed Earth
- There are only 12 survivors left on the planet

Final Promise Story:
- PSP RPG
- Coming 28th April 2011
- 6279yen
- Character Designs by Chinatsu Kurahana
- Music by GainGauge
- Main character Wolf voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya
- Celes voiced by Yukari Tamura
- Rasudi voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki
- The enemies are emotionless mechanical soldiers

Chevalier Saga Tactics:
- PS3 PSN/PC/Smartphone SRPG
- Summer 2011 for PC, no date announced for the others
- Traditional medieval SRPG with knights and wizards
- Two modes: SRPG Mode and Overall Command Mode
- Overall Command Mode is a large scale army tactical mode for online play
- Part of a next-generation push for browser game technology
- PC game will launch on NHN's Hangame portal in Summer 2011

Image Epoch is publishing all of the games themselves, and they will be announcing a total of 8 titles at the conference. Among the guests present at the conference will be the president of SCE Japan, the head of Sega Japan's Consumer Games division, the head of Good Smile Company, and the president of NHN Japan. It is expected that the rest of the announcements not covered in Famitsu will be related to PC Online Gaming, as well as Social/Online Games on Smartphones, via NHN's Hangame portal.

Previous details on this topic can be found here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413284

Edit: Adding new announcements from the conference.

Puchitto★Rock Shooter:
- Niconico Douga Application
- From December Niconico will be launching an app space where you can play games while watching videos
- PRS will launch early next year on the service
- Enjoy cute SD BRS RPG goodness while watching videos... or something

Typemoon x Imageepoch Project:
- Long-term development (3 years)
- Brand new project collaboration, not a sequel to Fate/Extra
- Will be a significant title, so it will take some time to be ready

ARK Project:
- Original SRPG
- No platform announced yet, but it will be out before the Typemoon project
- Seems to be a successor of the Luminous Arc series

MARS Project:
- A collaboration with another JRPG creator
- No other details

REMUS Project:
- A reimagination of a classic old PC RPG series in JRPG form
- Aims to build a brand new title on modern hardware based on an older design
- No other details

* The 4 untitled projects will be formally announced next year, possibly at the 2011 Imageepoch Conference

SEGA x IMAGEEPOCH:
- While Imageepoch is going into publishing, they are still a developer for hire
- Sega will publish a new Imageepoch developed game around the middle of 2011
- The announcement was made after a surprise live performance by a 4 string quartet of the 7th Dragon overworld theme
- After the announcement Mikage shared this image which is from the game:

NBaMO.jpg

Edit2: Added NISA info.

duckroll said:
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/323/323263/

Dengeki asked Mikage about Imageepoch's plans for overseas releases for their titles after the conference. He flat out replies that Imageepoch has a contract with NIS America, and that NISA will be releasing their titles in the US and probably also Europe. So good news for everyone? Maybe?

zoku88

I'M READY! I'M READY!

I'm really hyped for this, even though I know that I would probably have to import most of this stuff. These guys don't have a good track record for getting their titles localized, it seems.

EDIT: Actually, I didn't know they did Luminous Arc. I guess those came statewide, didn't they?

tokkun

Lard said:
No PSN shit. If you do it for PSN, at least release it for handheld.

Funny, I was going to say the exact reverse of this, but thought I would get tagged for port begging.

Phenomic

Haven't been following this much but do we know if those games are all that is going to be shown? Or do they have something or a secret they didn't show Famitsu that we know is coming.

duckroll

Phenomic said:
Haven't been following this much but do we know if those games are all that is going to be shown? Or do they have something or a secret they didn't show Famitsu that we know is coming.

Read the first post, and read the previous thread I linked to. 8 titles will be announced, but the 3 in Famitsu are probably the only consumer games (consoles/handhelds). They are also announcing stuff for PC and Smartphones.

JKTrix

Phenomic said:

There are supposed to be 7 games + B*RS

Phenomic

duckroll said:
Read the first post, and read the previous thread I linked to. 8 titles will be announced, but the 3 in Famitsu are probably the only consumer games (consoles/handhelds). They are also announcing stuff for PC and Smartphones.

Ahh you're right my bad pretty much flew right past that last paragraph. Also for some reason I was thinking Image Epoch was Tri-Crescendo, I have no reason as to why really. Something about the art style maybe but I feel like a complete idiot now. :lol

Anyway hope something of interest to me comes out of this. Can always use some good RPG's releasing if they turn out to be such that. Will keep an eye out for screens and video.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
I got a NicoNico account, but where do I have to click on that url in order to see the video? :/

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.

ZoddGutts

The graphics for that PSP game The Last Promise looks pretty good, thought at first it may have been for the Wii because graphically it looks like Arc Rise Fantasia.

B.K.

"Mikage says the game has the concept of "Lost Game." It looks like when a character dies, it will be gone for good, affecting even the story."

Sounds interesting.

JKTrix

It seemed like the Japanese text and the provided English subtitles for that text were saying two different things :lol

Stream's workin' fine for me too.

Lard

Banned
tokkun said:
Funny, I was going to say the exact reverse of this, but thought I would get tagged for port begging.

I'm not port begging, I'm saying put it in a physical format. I don't care what platform. I don't buy digital only releases.

duckroll

Lard said:
I'm not port begging, I'm saying put it in a physical format. I don't care what platform. I don't buy digital only releases.

Chevalier Saga Tactics is a PS3/PC/Smartphone digital only online game. It is part of NHN's Hangame portal, and it is basically targeting social/online gaming. It's probably not for you anyway. :p

The main game will be free (on PC I think it's browser driven even), and they will sell DLC or something. So there's no way it can be a package game.

Lard

Banned
duckroll said:
Chevalier Saga Tactics is a PS3/PC/Smartphone digital only online game. It is part of NHN's Hangame portal, and it is basically targeting social/online gaming. It's probably not for you anyway. :p

So a facebook game.

Definitely not for me.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
zoku88 said:
Uhm, or is just me or was Kawano's presence somewhat worthless?

Also Nomoto's (Sega guy). :lol

bernardobri

zoku88 said:
Uhm, or is just me or was Kawano's presence somewhat worthless?

Apprently he didn't announce anything in particular.

Phenomic

B.K. said:
I hope SOMEONE releases these games in America.

Way to early to call but just announced that Sega will be distributing Imageepoch's titles as you probably just saw, and we've been getting all the Platinum stuff along with both Valkyria's that have been released as of late. I'd say that was about as good of a chance as we were going to get for a stateside or Euro release. Edit* Forgot about Yakuza as well. Sega has been pretty good to the world with translations as of late lets hope it continues.

duckroll

ULTROS! said:
Also Nomoto's (Sega guy). :lol

He announced distribution. Pretty important for Imageepoch.

Phenomic said:
Way to early to call but just announced that Sega will be distributing Imageepoch's titles as you probably just saw, and we've been getting all the Platinum stuff along with both Valkyria's that have been released as of late. I'd say that was about as good of a chance as we were going to get for a stateside or Euro release.

Where's 7th Dragon?

B.K.

Phenomic said:
Way to early to call but just announced that Sega will be distributing Imageepoch's titles as you probably just saw, and we've been getting all the Platinum stuff along with both Valkyria's that have been released as of late. I'd say that was about as good of a chance as we were going to get for a stateside or Euro release.

Sega also published 7th Dragon for Imageepoch and we saw how that turned out.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Oh, I guess that changes it then (sorry, I don't understand Japanese so my bad). :D

<3 Sega

duckroll

For what it's worth, I'm almost 100% sure that the Black Rock Shooter game will have full English text options when it ships it Japan.

Dresden

duckroll said:
For what it's worth, I'm almost 100% sure that the Black Rock Shooter game will have full English text options when it ships it Japan.
Nice. Didn't the DVD have several language tracks as well? The're doing a good job.

B.K.

duckroll said:

Really? Why do you think that?

duckroll

Dresden said:
Nice. Didn't the DVD have several language tracks as well? The're doing a good job.

The DVD/Blu-ray being retailed in December will also have 7 subtitle tracks. The BRS PSP trailer was English subbed. I'm sure you see where this is going. Good Smile Company has a full English version of their site, including the blog. They take overseas customers importing their goods very, very seriously.

bernardobri

NicoNico is getting an online gaming platform featuring 10 to 20 titles.

Top Bottom