• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KOJIMA: Pokes fun at the other Next Generation consoles In MGS4 ** Spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emiru said:
takes 10 seconds to swap a disk, takes 7 minutes to install to hdd, after each chapter.

8 Minutes = first install, when you start the game.

Then before each act, the time it takes to install is as follows

Act 2 - 3 mins
Act 3 - 3 mins
Act 4 - 2 mins
Act 5 - 1 min

Guzim said:
Fuck, I read a comment. I really hope that comment I read isn't true.

Funny video though :lol

Hey BASTARD stop the crap ...otherwise i will make a thread at N4G stating what u are saying

this BASTARD is a MODERATOR of NEOTARD forum---MS dicriding BOTS are in there predicting x360 will remain relevant in console war after June 12th

haaaaaaaaaaaa

Doc Evils

dabookerman said:

Act 2 - 3 mins
Act 3 - 3 mins
Act 4 - 2 mins
Act 5 - 1 min

OWNED!

Splatt

beast786 said:

2eprhwj.png

"Please, swap Disc 1 for Disc 2 to continue."

Deepblue

Banned
dabookerman said:

Act 2 - 3 mins
Act 3 - 3 mins
Act 4 - 2 mins
Act 5 - 1 min
Even if you had to swap 12 DVDs it would take less time. What now Kojima?! *fans flames*

washimul (1 minute ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply
well a perfectionist like KOJIMA always will chooose the winning console not a console like x360 that is dead in terms of sales worldwide

Hyakugochijuuichi (1 minute ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply
Pity that they needed to cut a good bit of the game out because the PS3 couldn't handle it. Just something to think about while you install your game.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Ynos Yrros said:
Takes minutes to load up many games and many levels in them. Installation prevents that.

so instead of loading times between chapters, we get installation times between chapters?
I never heard of a PC game that does this

So much for the next generation... I will stick with my DS a little longer

neptunes

Ploid 3.0 said:
Yea this has nothing to do with any other console. Although in it's state, if they was stuck on dvd PS3 it would need more disks, and if it was single layer, it would need a disk two.
Catalix said:
That's why I think it's a direct reference to MGS1/PS1, not the competition.

Just throwing it out there.
stolen from the other thread

manueldelalas said:
so instead of loading times between chapters, we get installation times between chapters?

Hmmm.... 5 chapters in a game that lasts over 20 hours. Yeah, I think that those are bigger than levels in most of the games out now.

Deepblue said:
Even if you had to swap 12 DVDs it would take less time. What now Kojima?! *fans flames*
So you don't have to swap the discs again if you replay the game? Meh, this is still funny

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
manueldelalas said:

It's only a 1 time deal. When you replay the game, it doesn't happen. Also, NO GAME HAS EVER BEEN 50GB.

Emiru

Banned
dabookerman said:

Act 2 - 3 mins
Act 3 - 3 mins
Act 4 - 2 mins
Act 5 - 1 min
Still easier to swap a disk.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Why is the voice acting so bad? Not a troll, serious question. Snake sounds awful.

I thought I read somewhere that years of doing the exaggerated Snake voice has left David Hayter's vocals in a bad state, which is why he sounds bad in SSBB too.

tehbear

Ynos Yrros said:
Hmmm.... 5 chapters in a game that lasts over 20 hours. Yeah, I think that those are bigger than levels in most of the games out now.

I prefer an one-time install. But to all the angry people, the install is to cache data, if you had disc swapping it'd STILL do installs to bypass the slow read from disc. The install has nothing to do with disc swapping.

Though I did laugh at the joke, better for your blood pressure this way.

Emiru

Banned
chubigans said:
Let me know how MGS4 on the 360 works out for ya.

Wait, what am I doing. Console warz over a dumb joke. :lol
Dont care about MGS4 but It took me seconds to swap the BD and LO Disks, not 8 or 3 or 2 or even 1 minute seconds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom