• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detention coming to Nintendo Switch

Finn

Just detention? Switch should get time-out, in-school suspension and expulsion for being amahzing.

Wildo09

? The game is in Chinese or Mandarin. Don't think China has the exclusive use of the the word Chinese unless I am missing your point.

English horror game, spanish horror game. What comes to mind when you read it? That it's a horror game made in England or Spain. I think Taiwan is officially the Republic of China though, so it's alright.

Rmagnus

Banned
English horror game, spanish horror game. What comes to mind when you read it? That it's a horror game made in England or Spain. I think Taiwan is officially the Republic of China though, so it's alright.

Er.. English horror game would mean horror game in English? So what would you call horror game made in America? Or Australia? Shrugs maybe I just see Chinese as a language and not a nationally thing.

2 spooks 4 me’s!

I want scary but not scary, scary. Might pick it up if I muster up the courage. I need a horror game for my collection.

eefara

2 spooks 4 me’s!

I want scary but not scary, scary. Might pick it up if I muster up the courage. I need a horror game for my collection.

I'd say Detention hits that sweet spot! I just recently finished it, and while I'm terrible with most horror games, I had a lot of fun with Detention. Just the right amount of spook without completely freaking out someone who doesn't normally play the genre.

bchan555

Er.. English horror game would mean horror game in English? So what would you call horror game made in America? Or Australia? Shrugs maybe I just see Chinese as a language and not a nationally thing.

If you are talking about what COUNTRY the game is from, you'd call it a Taiwanese one.

If you are talking about what LANGUAGE the game is in, you can call it a Chinese one.

I'm pretty sure OP was referring to country though, so Taiwan is definitely correct.

hellorichard

Neo Member
Is this out in the market already? Been looking for this game for my Nintendo Switch. Love horror genre games. Can anyone else recommend me horror games for the Switch console?

NovumAngel

Banned
Is this out in the market already? Been looking for this game for my Nintendo Switch. Love horror genre games. Can anyone else recommend me horror games for the Switch console?
Yeah I'm looking for some impressions too, still on the fence about it.

For other horror games there's the 2 Resident Evil Revelations games, Perception and The Coma: Recut off the top of my head.
Plus we're getting Outlast 1 + 2 "Early 2018" and Layers of Fear at some point.

xviper

it's an amazing game, i might call it a masterpiece of an indie game, it's up there with games like Ori and Cuphead, it's the Resident evil of 2d games but with no combat

but a HUGE WARNING, the game on ps4 has no saving, yes you can "save" at an altar but it doesn't actually save because of a certain bug and they haven't fixed it, so if you quit the game you return from the beginning of the game, it happened to me when i was 15 minutes from finishing the game, i made a mistake, i wish if i completed the game but there is no way i'm gonna replay it because no matter how good the game is i don't like replaying games except for a very few games

Last edited:

NovumAngel

Banned
it's an amazing game, i might call it a masterpiece of an indie game, it's up there with games like Ori and Cuphead, it's the Resident evil of 2d games but with no combat

but a HUGE WARNING, the game on ps4 has no saving, yes you can "save" at an altar but it doesn't actually save because of a certain bug and they haven't fixed it, so if you quit the game you return from the beginning of the game, it happened to me when i was 15 minutes from finishing the game, i made a mistake, i wish if i completed the game but there is no way i'm gonna replay it because no matter how good the game is i don't like replaying games except for a very few games
Cool thanks, I'll add it to my watchlist, hopefully they've fixed that bug when it comes out on the Switch.

RuhRo

Anyone know how the Switch port compares to the PS4 version? I know it’s an excellent game, just trying to pick a platform.

NovumAngel

Banned
Anyone know how the Switch port compares to the PS4 version? I know it’s an excellent game, just trying to pick a platform.
I played the whole game on Switch (undocked), encountered no issues at all and the game looked gorgeous.

Top Bottom