• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Sharpeye

I just want to see Hamura in action

DDDDDD:

that is all I ask... this guy was a no show

Well from the spoilers I read
He shows up and tells Hinata that she needs to stop Toneri and that is why she agrees to be his bride so she could save her sister and stop his plan. Also at some point she rips Toneri's out that he stole from Hanabi, seems like Hinata won't just be a damsel in distress like many people are thinking.

Mofo didn't even get a flashback.

He definitely had the more badass design of the twins.

exactly
plus didn't he have like the other half of the ten tails sealed in him too?

this guy is OP we know since he helped his bro face off against their mother in full juubi form not some half assed Kaguya that had less then half of the ten tails in her
I want him to explain everything
Well from the spoilers I read
He shows up and tells Hinata that she needs to stop Toneri and that is why she agrees to be his bride so she could save her sister and stop his plan. Also at some point she rips Toneri's out that he stole from Hanabi, seems like Hinata won't just be a damsel in distress like many people are thinking.
I saw that spoiler

which kinda shows that
Hinata isn't only about Naruto

but
I'd love for a chapter where Hagoromo/Hamura/Kaguya and Orichimaru just lay down everything about themselves in one sitting

all the other flashbacks don't matter as much

Erigu

yagami1211 said:
The official movie site says :
Story Writer : Masashi Kishimoto
Character Design : Masashi Kishimoto
It doesn't say that, actually.
It says Kishimoto supervised the story. The actual screenwriter is Kyōzuka Maruo (who also wrote the novelization).
And while Kishimoto did provide ideas/sketches, the actual character designers are Nishio Tetsuya and Suzuki Hirofumi.

It would be nice if you and frog-fu gave the movie an honest chance and not just be super critical of everything just because your preferred pairing didn't happen.

Stop with the straw man attacks, instead address actual criticism.

Even taking pairings out, there's a shit load of stupid shit in this movie (though it's par for the course.)

Sharpeye

Stop with the straw man attacks, instead address actual criticism.

Even taking pairings out, there's a shit load of stupid shit in this movie (though it's par for the course.)

But the thing is that the romance and pairings is like 80% of the movie, taking that out would be like taking out the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. This is a romance movie through and through and even those who saw said they were still happy with it despite the poor action scenes. Plus
is fighting on the moon really so far fetched at this point in naruto? Though I might be biased as I'm a sucker for moon fighting ever since Asura's Wrath.

Hate on how it got there aside (since we will just be going in circles)

NaruHina isn't even a bad couple
tumblr_nfuvm4c7Qk1txmop7o1_1280.jpg
you know for a fact that they won't be douches to each other

Plus their children aren't bad either.... all the fine art makes them look adorable

Edit: Added more since it wasn't clearly enough >:DDDDDDD

I wonder if they hang out with Kurama some times.... they have his whiskers

I wonder if they have some Kurama connection or not
(as in if they could borrow his powers)

Kurama is in Naruto but his other half is running around/sleeping which can return into Naruto at anytime... which is the same for all the other tailed beasts

---------
Also this saddens me

So many dead people :((

Turok_TTZ

biggest crime is that Salad won't know how much of a badass her uncle was :'(

The pics with Salad and itachi hit me man...

Himawari is the sunflower of the uzumaki family, radiant she is.

I-hate-u

That Bolt/Himawari Jiraiya pic :((

Speaking of Jiraiya, anyone else love his fighting style like me? His pain fight was incredible.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Speaking of Jiraiya, anyone else love his fighting style like me? His pain fight was incredible.

He was awesome, easily the strongest fighter up to the war arc. If he knew the tricks going in like Naruto did he totally could have taken Pain on his own.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Jiraiya is easily in my top three characters in the series, both for personality and fighting style. I hope we see Naruto taking cues from him in his inevitable mentor role in the part 3 mini-series.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
1)Jiraiya
2)Kakashi
3)Shikamaru

Best of each Generation, bar none!

Oh and throw Minato in there somewhere.
My favorite thing about Minato is that he wasn't technically all that powerful; it was his speed and technique that made him an excellent shinobi. That, and his overwhelming charisma.

I can see why the single-minded Orochimaru got jealous over his being appointed as Hokage; he didn't actually know that many techniques and wasn't anything spectacular outside of his specialty, which was speed. Yet, he was still one of the only ninja to have a "flee on sight" order issued from other villages when he showed up on the battlefield.

I-hate-u

1)Jiraiya
2)Kakashi
3)Shikamaru

Best of each Generation, bar none!

Oh and throw Minato in there somewhere.
Only Jiraiya can make fighting frogs look cool.

The Naruto ending was already planned 8 years ago by Kishi lol

Also Might Guy > Kakashi. ( I wouldn't of said this but after seeing the eight gates.....god damn).

Ofc. Guy could one shot all the kage with the 8 gates. Sure he dies, but he is the strongest character pre-powered up Naruto/Sasuke, Rikdouu Madara and Kaguya.

More I think about it, more I feel manga should've ended after Nagato, and before that tying up a lot of loose ends.

War Arc was so unnecessary.

Frog-fu

Banned
Code:
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzzjo83QUi1qi34sfo1_500.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzzjo83QUi1qi34sfo2_r4_500.gif[/IMG]

Yes Naruto,you really hit the jackpot.

Like Sakura would ever have the balls to do that.

This is pathetic, "keep trying and never give up on something! Even if its something entirely not up to you!" is the worst interpretation of the storys message

Nothing she writes will change the fact that Hinata was there day fucking one. Naruto didnt do squat to impres hers, she loved him at his worst.

Can we cut the shit with Hinata "always" supporting Naruto? She was never up front about it until he already had a bunch of people by his side.

Turok_TTZ

Meanwhile, soon they will broadcast another kishi interview sometime in december.
he will talk about the ending, sakura and why her parents were a no show on the manga, and other stuff.

I hate sakura as much as the next person, but just this once I would like kishi to not bury her any further than he has aleady. Kishi got an agenda against those who were not of his designs? manga ended, leave the skeletons in their closets.

Fj0823

Can we cut the shit with Hinata "always" supporting Naruto? She was never up front about it until he already had a bunch of people by his side.

No we can't, its canon.
She was never able to say anything due to her personality. I agree that feeling something but not acting on it meant jackshit in helping with Naruto's childhood lonelyness. However she tried. Failed miserably. Went unoticed. But the feelings for him at his worst were there.

Its absolutely there. Unlike many "implied" feelings in the manga, this is was pretty much all over our faces.

Ugh this reminds of Harry Potter ship wars, people even played the "abusive" card on Ron and the "barely relevant" card on Ginny. And I'm willing to say that criticism holds a lot more ground there.

Now back on the important stuff, how come Sauce has his sage eye, but Naruto doesn't have his six paths transformation in the Last? I

Like Sakura would ever have the balls to do that.
not to Sasuke (maybe accidentally) but we know for a fact that she would attack Naruto
Now back on the important stuff, how come Sauce has his sage eye, but Naruto doesn't have his six paths transformation in the Last? I
from the spoilers

Toneri
stole it from Naruto... like some reverse hyuga technique

not sure if he gets it back

Meanwhile, soon they will broadcast another kishi interview sometime in december.
he will talk about the ending, sakura and why her parents were a no show on the manga, and other stuff.

I hate sakura as much as the next person, but just this once I would like kishi to not bury her any further than he has aleady. Kishi got an agenda against those who were not of his designs? manga ended, leave the skeletons in their closets.

Bullshit.

Sakura is one of the most popular characters in Naruto and is one of my favourite naruto characters.

I mean she is one of the main characters.

Fox318

In Japan.

West, she's pretty much hated.

And she's a heroine in name only.

She doesn't affect the plot in any meaningful way.

Even in the east Hinata beat Sakura in many character polls.

Considering the difference of the amount of panels I'd say that says something about Sakura.

Makes somewhat sense

Kishi had some extra character he had to somehow fit into the story

he learned to become obsessed with Sasuke though while he tried to force Sakura in multiple times into scenarios (some of which were cool like the fight against Sasori)

In the end she just became a Tsunade clone with Sasuke grouping as a hobby

I for one would've loved Lee or Neji to be in Team 7.... that would've been cool

Especially Neji

Neji could have gotten more screen time and he would've become a badass (since he was portrayed to be one in part 1 but became irrelevant in part 2) plus the recent databook shows that this dude was insane with elements but sadly we didn't see him learn to use them

it would've helped with the story greatly too

He could still have Lee as his childhood rival but in another Team
He could be used to connect the story of Kaguya and her prodigy
His death would've been more tragic (having Team 7 member dying)
He could have made the NaruHina development even better and more complex
The two way rivalry could become a 3 way rivalry

Missed opportunity

In Japan.

West, she's pretty much hated.

And she's a heroine in name only.

She doesn't affect the plot in any meaningful way.

errr no in the West as well.

She is definitely the most important female character in the manga and is probably the strongest as well (Mizukage might be stronger).

lol at the not affecting the plot.......without Sakura, Sasuke would of died in the desert, Naruto would of died before Kaguya even arrived.

She not only saved both of them but also was instrumental in the final attack landing. Definitely worthy of the name heroine.

Turok_TTZ

I thought Hinata was consistently ranked #1 female in the Naruto character polls...? Or at the very least ranked ahead of every other female in naruto the most on average. best female despite not much panel time.

in any case, I like the shinachiku art but god damn is the name so shit. was kishi high when he thought that one up or did he just give no fucks?

errr no in the West as well.

She is definitely the most important female character in the manga and is probably the strongest as well (Mizukage might be stronger).

lol at the not affecting the plot.......without Sakura, Sasuke would of died in the desert, Naruto would of died before Kaguya even arrived.

She not only saved both of them but also was instrumental in the final attack landing. Definitely worthy of the name heroine.
that was towards the end though. from the beginning to middle with exception to sasori, she was as useful as a tree log.

I thought Hinata was consistently ranked #1 female in the Naruto character polls...? Or at the very least ranked ahead of every other female in naruto the most on average. best female despite not much panel time.

in any case, I like the shinachiku art but god damn is the name so shit. was kishi high when he thought that one up or did he just give no fucks?

that was towards the end though. from the beginning to middle with exception to sasori, she was as useful as a tree log.

Does it matter if its at the end or in the middle....its still a massive feat that was central to the shinobi world being saved. No character except Naruto and Sasuke are doing major things throughout the manga regularly because newsflash, the manga revolves around those two.

If Sakura is a log I'd hate to know what some of the other rookies are like Hinata, Ino, Kiba, Choji etc.

Top Bottom