• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

yyzjohn

Banned
After the Habs are eliminated:
1, Bergevin will trade Galchenyuk and Sergchev to the Avs for Duchene in an effort to keep his job.
2. Bergevin will be fired anyway.

Also to be followed by mega jersey sales for Duchene, posts of "best team since 1993!" and "oh my god Duchene - Radulov unf unf unf!"

Reckheim

Man, i'm just glad majority of the leaf fans are on the same page about just making it.

Nobody seems to have any wild expectations.

imBask

Banned
The cool thing about the NHL is that Kreider won't get suspended if he runs Price again, because he has "no precedent"

yyzjohn

Banned
Apparently he has no concussion symptoms. Doesn't appear to be injured. Learned this from yesterday's Overdrive, which also features some of the worst hottakery you're likely to hear this week.

Yeah I didn't understand ODog's take that Andersen's reaction in the Pittsburgh game ensured he came out. He almost insinuated that Andersen wanted to be pulled from that game for some reason and wasn't actually injured on the play.

Calamari41

41 > 38
President's Trophy never advances.

Except the ones that do.

Reminds me of the time the Kings color guy was reflecting on the fact that the President's Trophy was kind of meaningless because no winner had ever gone on to win the Cup in gosh, how many years? Decades? Has it ever happened? I don't think it has!

And then ten minutes later he had to correct himself because the Blackhawks did it two years prior, in 2013.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Plus, Pres trophy winners usually do advance passed the first round.

In addition to that, the Capitals themselves have advanced to the second round in half of the years that they've won the President's Trophy, the most recent time being last year. More President's Trophy winners have gone on to win the Stanley Cup in the past 30 years than have been eliminated in the first round over the same time period.

Line_HTX, you must answer for your crimes.

Marvie_3

Banned
Reminds me of the time the Kings color guy was reflecting on the fact that the President's Trophy was kind of meaningless because no winner had ever gone on to win the Cup in gosh, how many years? Decades? Has it ever happened? I don't think it has!

And then ten minutes later he had to correct himself because the Blackhawks did it two years prior, in 2013.
Its no secret that Jim Fox is a complete fucking idiot. I felt bad for Bob Miller for having to put up with him.

What foods should I have on Wednesday night? I don't think there are any carne asada fries in ny area.
Blues fan...hmmm.....go eat shit.

BTails

Man, work has been non-stop stress this week. Can it be Thursday yet? I just wanna drink and watch the Leafs
lose
and the Flames
win

Yeah I didn't understand ODog's take that Andersen's reaction in the Pittsburgh game ensured he came out. He almost insinuated that Andersen wanted to be pulled from that game for some reason and wasn't actually injured on the play.

He did insinuate that lol! It was one of the dumbest bits of O'Neillism I've heard since his 'I wouldn't trade Matthews for anyone' tweet.

are you sure they will score any goals? ohh on their own net.. sure yeah, possibly.

astro you crazy son of a bitch, the Leafs have future Finnish Star Kasperi Kapanen in their roster, you have to support them now too.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers playoff shirts aren't the most... creative this time around.

1i1ehmQ.jpg

In true Rangers fashion, "shootin'" is the last option.

Cake Boss

Banned
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Stone
Stalberg-Brasard-Burrows
Pyatt-Smith-Wingels

Karlsson-Methot
Phaneuf-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman

Almost the best line up, just missing Cleasson, Dzingel and White for Boroshit,Wingels and Pyatt.

a916

I can't think of a reason why Oilers can't make it out of their division...

Everyone in that division looks beatable. Whether they can do it... who knows.

My guess is Leafs in 2.

The caps will forfeit the series after Lou himself comes out on the ice and decides to bust

Is he busting what I think he's busting... "a fruit composed of a hard shell and a seed, which is generally edible"

After the Habs are eliminated:
1, Bergevin will trade Galchenyuk and Sergchev to the Avs for Duchene in an effort to keep his job.
2. Bergevin will be fired anyway.

I'll be sad when Duchene leaves

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Apparently he has no concussion symptoms. Doesn't appear to be injured. Learned this from yesterday's Overdrive, which also features some of the worst hottakery you're likely to hear this week.

Yeah it was really bizarre even for O'Neill. I was starting to think he was the one who took the shot to the head there.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Vesey-Zibanejad-Nash
Grabner-Hayes-Miller
Glass-Lindberg-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Holden
Skjei-Smith

I knew AV would take the bait. Jeff Gorton shouldn't have even left the option on the table for him. This team is designed to be fast and skilled. That's how they're going to have to deal with "physical play" from Ott and co. Putting Tanner Glass is does absolutely nothing to address that and removes one of your fast, skilled players from the lineup. It's letting the Habs intimidate you into voluntarily making your own team worse before you even start playing the games.

We're going to get annihilated out there. It's going to be last year's first round all over again, just the Habs aren't as good as last year's Pens so the scores probably won't be quite as absurd.

Yeah it was really bizarre even for O'Neill. I was starting to think he was the one who took the shot to the head there.

He seems to believe that Andersen frequently checks out/misses games. Kind of weird, given that Andersen had the second most games played in the league this year (66).

Reckheim

How can we not be? Nobody even expected the Leafs to make the playoffs this year, this is all gravy.

That's what I mean, its refreshing.

I feel like in the past the fans had always had such huge hopes when we were anything better than mediocre.

Top Bottom