• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 The International 2017 (Aug 7-12) Game of throwns - you win or you pld

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Shame I won't be able to catch many of the Group stage games due to work, but I'm hyped. Should be a good year.

So, who is expected to get knocked out in the Group Stages? Infamous and HellRaisers?

My favorite teams in order:
- OG
- Liquid
- VP (they are so good, but never quite finished it, they deserve it)
- C9

GO guys!

And for completion, I hope following teams crash and burn:
- EG
- Secret

Yep, I hold my grudges.

Ishan

are consensus favorites og and eg? Not that it ends up mattering all that much in internationals.

Why you hatin on artour man.

Because I really don't like him. But my dislike for the team mostly is from past stuff, like AUI kick and PPDs overall salt flow. I also dont like PPD is now on the panel, but maybe he isn't as salty there. Universe seems like an ok guy.

"deserve it"
Yeah, only the winner deserves to win, I know. But VP is so good, I think it would be nice if they win. Also another CIS winner would be cool.

mitchlol

Stopped playing Dota close to 1 year ago, still pretty pumped to watch TI and see how the meta has evolved. Very cool that the winning team could be set for life.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Rooting for: OG, Liquid and Secret! In that order.

I like Secret mainly just for all the hate they get.

are consensus favorites og and eg? Not that it ends up mattering all that much in internationals.

VP & liquid
team_liquid_gold.gif
team_vp_gold.gif

Qvoth

og eg liquid are the main favorites, then vp next i'd say
i'd say either eg or liquid will win it, but if you ask which of those 2 i'd rather see winning then i choose liquid

Usobuko

Banned

There's a few ahead of the rest but this TI is probably the closest contest ever among all the other 6 TIs I watch.

The second tier teams can actually upset first tier ones more often and there are more first tier teams this time round.

Consensus is expecting OG, EG, Liquid, VP, Newbee and LGD to be in top 8.

Moobabe

I'd love VP to take this - their approach is so refreshing and dynamic.

Them or OG just to see the HON boyz take it.

Stygr

Banned
Imho my top 4.
Liquid, EG, VP and OG.

I want my boy BabyRage to win, but Liquid looked so strong in recent events.

Aesthet1c

Man as someone who has kept up with every TI and large Dota tournaments until the last year or two, it's weird to see that I don't know who 90% of these players are.

Oh well, stoked to see some good games.

Loads - bet 365 are offering odds on this I think

Bet365 To Win Outright;

Virtus Pro - 7/2
Evil Geniuses - 7/2
OG - 5/1
Liquid - 5/1
Newbee - 10/1
Secret - 12/1
LGD Gaming - 12/1
LFY - 14/1
Cloud 9 - 18/1
TNC - 20/1
Invictus Gaming - 20/1
iG.v - 33/1
DC - 40/1
Fnatic - 50/1
Empire - 50/1
Infamous - 80/1
Execration - 100/1
Hellraisers - 125/1

I don't disagree for the most part. I think Infamous and Hellraisers should be swapped though.

They actually have some insane bets you can make on here. You can even bet on Team To Destroy The First Barracks on a per match basis. Interesting, wonder how they even calculate the odds for this shit...

The Special Bets are kind of amazing too; Player With Most Earth Spirit Games, Most Picked/Banned (different categories, each comparing 2 heroes such as Nyx vs. NS and Drow vs. Sven), Player With Most Kills (face offs between 2 players in certain matches), Player With Most GPM Miracle vs. sumaiL.

shira

Aui about to be two time chaamp
That's about as likely as me getting the Frozen Yellow Yeezys

Man as someone who has kept up with every TI and large Dota tournaments until the last year or two, it's weird to see that I don't know who 90% of these players are.

Oh well, stoked to see some good games.
It looks like the first generation of players has almost completely retired and a lot of the 2nd generation players just can't cut it.

With the new season format of 11 Majors and 11 Minors, hopefully we will see a lot more money spread around and a lot more young talent rising up so it isn't just the same people.

It looks like the first generation of players has almost completely retired and a lot of the 2nd generation players just can't cut it.

There are a lot of old timers sticking around, but a lot of the guys who played in TI1 are just not great compared to the people that came up around TI3/TI4 (2nd Gen). A lot of the 2nd Gen players are still doing great. Comparing people like Dendi, Chuan, Black, IceIceIce to players like N0tail, Fly, FATA, and S4 is like night and day.

There are some exceptions though; Fear could probably still play at a high level if he wanted to, Puppey is hit or miss but on his good days is still a T1.5 player, Solo has been around for quite a while, Faith is still doing well, as is Misery.

Damn, I only really follow DOTA 2 during TI. Really sad to read what happened to Wings. That's brutal.

With that being said, Go EG!

Top Bottom