• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs dev United Front Games making next gen console title w/ multiplayer

DJIzana

As per their hiring page....

http://www.unitedfrontgames.com/careers/job-openings/network-multiplayer-programmer/

We are looking for an experienced network programmer to work with our online team to develop the multiplayer features of our next gen console title. The candidate must have solid C++ programming experience, understanding of network programming models, excellent communication ability, and a passion for creating world class online titles. The ideal candidate will also have been credited on several console titles, worked with multiplayer middleware packages, and have experience with state replication, interpolation, bandwidth optimization, and knowledge of common multiplayer features such as matchmaking, invites, game lobbies, leader boards, stats, etc.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
To note, Square Enix said that they consider Sleeping Dogs one of their 10 major IPs now, so that's definitely getting a sequel.

They do have two teams though (LBP Karting).

Edit:

"Title" as in singular, so perhaps they merged the teams.

Come on Sleeping Dogs 2

black-woman-finally-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-189.gif

Derrick01

Banned
Sleeping Dogs with actual side content would be pretty cool. Since it'll have a more stable dev schedule this time there's no excuse.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Free roam multiplayer.

A whole bunch of Wei Shens.

With the costume variety of Sleeping Dogs' DLC.

Day. One.

Blablurn

OMG, IT MUST BE SLEEPING DOGS 2 WITH A GTA LIKE MULTIPLAYER! SET IN SHANGHAI!!!! GROUP JUMPING FROM THE SHANGHAI FINANCIAL TOWER!!

i want it now ;_______;

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hopefully it's a buddy cop movie where Wei Shen works with Adam Jensen back when he was a cop.

We could have great dialog like:

Commissioner: "Hey Jensen, time to meet your new partner."
Wei Shen: "I'm Wei Shen motherfucker, who are you?"
Jensen: "I didn't ask for this."

RyoonZ

Banned
Sleeping Dogs 2!!!
Sleeping Dogs is my GOTY 2012. I hope this set in new place with some reference or cameo of original Sleeping Dogs.

Derrick01

Banned
Hopefully it's a buddy cop movie where Wei Shen works with Adam Jensen back when he was a cop.

I don't care how fucking ridiculous that would be, I want a game with the two of them working as cops.

Saty

Free-2-Play plz with microtransactions for costumes and cosmetics and for added SP content after launch. They are already halfway there with all the DLC for SD1. OPEN YOUR EYES. F2P Open-World game is just writing itself now.

Chinner

Banned

half way through the game it turns out the commissioner is actually jc denton:

Commissioner: "What a shame."

Ploid 3.0

A SE game, like Just Cause 2 multiplayer, hmm. Win!! Allow the PC version to go crazy with the amount of people allowable in MP and it will be so good.

When did S-E get more than 5 major IPs?

1. Final Fantasy
2. Dragon Quest
3. Deus Ex
4. Thief
5. Hitman
6. Tomb Raider
7. Kingdom Hearts
8. Sleeping Dogs
9. Just Cause?
10. ?

Plenty of candidates but not sure what ones are relevant enough to be top 10

Santiako

Square enix's free roaming Skylanders/Infinity like game. Wei Shen, Locke, Lara Croft and Lynch go all chocobo racing!

krishian

to hunt down Agent 47
To protect Lara from Agent 47

Great news though, I was kinda worried about it since the sales didn't seem that good. But...do we stay with Wei Shen or do we get a new protag? As much as I love him, I'm more inclined to let him stay in pork bun retirement.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I am so loving the constant flow of next gen news.

I should play SD, just got it for the holiday steam sale for $4.

I don't know if they'd already be jumping on the Sleeping Dogs 2 train, co-op sounds like a pretty natural evolution. Do a buddy-cop movie set in the depths of Hong Kong - or maybe move the action into Shanghai or Beijing.
As long as I can snap dudes' arms like Slim Jims, I'll be happy.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
The world needs another Sleeping Dogs. Very few games can have me want to play all of the missions.

fvng

I'm trying to understand how Sleeping Dogs is a free Playstation Plus game when it's such a recent release. Did the game flop or did the sales just fizzle out?

Andrew.

Banned
lol @ everyone just assuming it's a Sleeping Dogs sequel.

Between this and that Uncharted 4 thread today.

Never change guys.

half way through the game it turns out the commissioner is actually jc denton:

Commissioner: "What a shame."

The commish is clearly Bolo Santosi.

I'm trying to understand how Sleeping Dogs is a free Playstation Plus game when it's such a recent release. Did the game flop or did the sales just fizzle out?

No, and it did especially well in Europe. It's just SCEE has the magic touch when it comes to getting big name Plus titles.

Top Bottom