• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Stet

Banned
Apparently I was a huge fool too. My buddies were certain one of the female attedants there for Volkswagon was flirting hard with me. I figured she was just being nice and doing her job. They think I was wrong.

Are these the same friends of yours that are confident the Leafs have a chance at a 2nd round playoff spot?

Azih

He does have a point in that in the long term, the LRTs aren't a good replacement for subways;
Only in places that are projected to get incredibly dense. For example LRT would have been a great option instead of the Sheppard stubway. Subways aren't great for everything they're great just for dense areas. There was the TTC report that Ford suppressed that pointed out that in the 80s they thought that North York and Scarborough would become major job centers and thus would require subways for the amount of commuting that would happen. Well that turned out to be not the case.

Zzoram

Teamliquid Page

MLG Winter Arena - Player List:

MLG Providence '11 Top 8
Leenock, Naniwa, DongRaeGu, Mvp, Huk
ca.png
, MC, Haypro, Idra
European OQ Top 8
Violet, Ret, Thorzain, Pomi, Socke, Sjow, Grubby, Merz
Korea/Taiwan OQ Top 8
Nestea, Parting, Losira, MarineKing, Oz, STC, Ganzi, San
North American OQ Top 8
Drewbie
ca.png
, Ddoro
ca.png
, Sheth, SaSe, Axslav, Artist, Minigun, DDE
ca.png

Toronto, Victory Cafe, 4pm-10pm, Feb.26th, BARCRAFT:

Going:
Zzoram
Picon_small.png

Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

scogoth
Picon_small.png

mcrae
Zicon_small.png

TheNiX
Ticon_small.png

Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

Maybe:
hoverX
Picon_small.png

Meet at this Tim Hortons at 3pm.

whitehawk

Banned
Anyone know of any decent bars/pubs, preferably downtown, that will be showing UFC 144 this weekend?

I went to Wild Wing(Queen West and University) and Boston Pizza (Front St and John) for the last 2 events. The staff at both places were absolutely terrible. Completely ruined the experience.
I've already mentioned this place, The Ballroom. And they are doing a UFC thing: http://www.theballroom.ca/event/2012-02-04/ufc/143-diaz-vs-condit

Only in places that are projected to get incredibly dense. For example LRT would have been a great option instead of the Sheppard stubway. Subways aren't great for everything they're great just for dense areas. There was the TTC report that Ford suppressed that pointed out that in the 80s they thought that North York and Scarborough would become major job centers and thus would require subways for the amount of commuting that would happen. Well that turned out to be not the case.

Here was the subway plan from 1985:

jU7Ts.png

That line that runs along the south that would connect at Danforth and again on Bloor West would be so fucking useful right now if they had built it!
A lot of people are really pushing hard for that Downtown Relief Line since it truly is the most necessary line for the city. It has the projected ridership to sustain it, plus it would help ease congestion on the Yonge line during rush hour.

Azih

Stet

Banned
What's the story with those things anyway? I didn't know the existed until I visited here once and started seeing them everywhere.

They were supposed to bring us together as a community, but ended up bringing us together as vandals. Now there's very few left, and the lobby of Yum! Brands in Vaughan has one dressed up as Colonel Sanders.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Pretty sure that was provincial, after Harris flooded the Eglinton subway with cement.
They were going to cancel the Sheppard line also but Mel saved it.

As soon as the Conservatives under Mike Harris won the 1995 election, the Eglinton West subway project was cancelled and the province dropped all capital funding of public transit. Sheppard was itself almost cancelled, but Mel Lastman’s lobbying saved the line.
http://transit.toronto.on.ca/subway/5110.shtml

Teamliquid Page

MLG Winter Arena - Player List:

MLG Providence '11 Top 8
Leenock, Naniwa, DongRaeGu, Mvp, Huk
ca.png
, MC, Haypro, Idra
European OQ Top 8
Violet, Ret, Thorzain, Pomi, Socke, Sjow, Grubby, Merz
Korea/Taiwan OQ Top 8
Nestea, Parting, Losira, MarineKing, Oz, STC, Ganzi, San
North American OQ Top 8
Drewbie
ca.png
, Ddoro
ca.png
, Sheth, SaSe, Axslav, Artist, Minigun, DDE
ca.png

Going:
Zzoram
Picon_small.png

Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

scogoth
Picon_small.png

mcrae
Zicon_small.png

TheNiX
Ticon_small.png

Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

Maybe:
hoverX
Picon_small.png

Wait... Pandaman is Torontorian? Mind blown.

They were supposed to bring us together as a community, but ended up bringing us together as vandals. Now there's very few left, and the lobby of Yum! Brands in Vaughan has one dressed up as Colonel Sanders.

I work near there, I wonder if I can just walk into their lobby, I want to see this

Zzoram

Teamliquid Page

MLG Winter Arena - Final Day

Loser's Bracket Round 6
Empire.Violet vs FXOz
MVP.DongRaeGu vs ST_Parting

Winner's Bracket Round 5
MarineKingPrime vs EG.Huk
ca.png

Going:
Zzoram
Picon_small.png

Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

scogoth
Picon_small.png

mcrae
Zicon_small.png

TheNiX
Ticon_small.png

Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

Maybe:
hoverX
Picon_small.png

Here was the subway plan from 1985:

jU7Ts.png

That line that runs along the south that would connect at Danforth and again on Bloor West would be so fucking useful right now if they had built it!
A lot of people are really pushing hard for that Downtown Relief Line since it truly is the most necessary line for the city. It has the projected ridership to sustain it, plus it would help ease congestion on the Yonge line during rush hour.

That is a good plan.

Live blog of Ford(s)'s radio show, because no one actually wants to listen to this shit:

1:47 PM: “And now we’re going to take calls on any topic.” First call: “Chris” in Toronto, which is not me. Less-impressive-Chris wants to comment about a “huge disconnect” between councillors and citizens, and says her councillor is wonderful and goes to the Dufferin Mall every week. Chris wants to know why Rob called the council vote “irrelevant.” Rob explains that the Eglinton LRT is a provincial project and that people do not want to see another St. Clair and they want subways because everybody tells him they want subways and the St. Clair is a complete disaster and I’m wondering at this point if I should just create a macro for that. Nearly-as-impressive-as-me-Chris says “but hasn’t the Premier said he’ll follow the will of council” and Rob Ford says “no he hasn’t” and she says “yes he has, he did it last week” and Doug tries to jump in but she wants to speak with Rob, and Rob does his nervous giggle that he does when he has NOTHING and then he talks over her, saying she is an “LRT person” and gets her off the air quickly, because Rob Ford is a man of the people, except when the people disagree with him.

2:29 PM: More calls! Marianne in Toronto asks about the Sheppard subway plan and wants to know when we’ll see some sort of formal plan as to how it will be paid for. She also doesn’t agree with characterizing St. Clair as a disaster, and says that the new dedicated lane has cleared up. Rob Ford, in response, says he has to take a break. COURAGE, ROB FORD!

Top Bottom