• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro City Rampage confirmed for October 9th (US PSN)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
"Retro City Rampage is finally launching October 9th on PS3 and PS Vita in North America and on PC / Steam / GOG worldwide. The European PS3 and PS Vita releases will follow later this month, WiiWare following shortly after that. The XBLA version is 99.9% ready to get out the door, but still waiting for a release slot.

I made the decision to release the game on each platform as soon as it's through certification rather than wait any longer in an attempt to achieve an absolutely simultaneous launch.

For a chance to play Retro City Rampage even sooner, head over to your nearest GameStop. The PS Vita version will be playable at GameStops across the United States starting this month, hopefully by the time you're reading this!"

Source: Blogcast

#YOPO Vita/PS3

Translator note: YOPO means you only pay once aka cross buy

LQX

Just yesterday I was thinking why the hell it is not out yet. Hopefully the 360 version follows soon.

Mrbob

Is this buy one get both?

About time this comes out. I thought MS was holding up the release of this game. Does this mean it is out on all platforms next week?

Derrick01

Banned
Picked one of the worst days possible to release it but I'll consider getting it eventually for the Vita cross buy.

I can't click the link, but does it say when it will be out for Xbox live arcade? Does it give a reason for why it's us only also.

ilbq8vgrdzuqznhest.gif

Takao

Banned
I can't click the link, but does it say when it will be out for Xbox live arcade? Does it give a reason for why it's us only also.

It's an Official PlayStation podcast so there wouldn't be any mention of other platforms. I'd imagine release would be close though.

It's an Official PlayStation podcast so there wouldn't be any mention of other platforms. I'd imagine release would be close though.

Thank you. Hopefully we in the uk get it the next day or week. I've wanted to play this game for the longest time.

They said it's "coming out Oct 9th in North America" so I guess that is all platforms. US PS blogcast so they only mention NA.

zroid

Banned
I don't see what's so bad about the 9th....
Delaying this any further would have been the worst possible day.

Well it's two days after Pokemon, for one thing! (aka two days into "month of playing no other games except Pokemon")

Still, day 1 :D

Derrick01

Banned
I don't see what's so bad about the 9th....
Delaying this any further would have been the worst possible day.

It's releasing on the same day as 2 big games, even if they're considered niche on a mass scale. But then again this is even more niche isn't it.

Picked one of the worst days possible to release it but I'll consider getting it eventually for the Vita cross buy.

& that's because what? seems fine to me :) ...

It's releasing on the same day as 2 big games, even if they're considered niche on a mass scale. But then again this is even more niche isn't it.

weird - retro city's the only 'niche' game i'm interested in getting that day. not even sure which other 2 games you're talking about :) ...

Carl

Also releasing the same day as Joe Danger 2 and Derrick the Deathfin. Looks like Derrick has been sent to die.

Mrbob

What's the price? 9.99 usd?

$14.99 direct for the PC version on the Retro City website, so I would guess all versions are the same price.

I am excite for this game. I have Dishonored and Xcom both preordered but this shoots to the top of my list.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, it got delayed into the worst possible month. PSN is ridiculously stacked for October.

Yeah, but they can't afford to release it any later.
Too bad it's such a small 'team' because it probably would've gone better if they just told MS to fuck off with their delays.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hope this is as good as I think it will be.

I'm ready for something different from indie developers. It's so nice that this game isn't a 'quirky 2d puzzle platformer with a unique art style'

Duffyside

Banned
I've always been confused with this game -- hasn't it been out for awhile elsewhere? Is this a remake or something? Is it a Sony exclusive? I feel like I've heard the name since forever.

Carl

I've always been confused with this game -- hasn't it been out for awhile elsewhere? Is this a remake or something? Is it a Sony exclusive? I feel like I've heard the name since forever.

No, no and no :p

Been in development for forever though

supposedly, PS3/Vita version is already done for quite some time now and the release is being held back because MS demand same day releases and they haven't passed certification for a long time.

do we know the price? $10 or $15? I've spent $10 so far for the buy $100 get $20 back program

Top Bottom