• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I allergic to cats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
xlYIFgR.jpg

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Their actually allergic to you. They release spores when their in sexually confrontational situations. What have you been up to Hamburgalar

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Pick one up and rub your face in it's side for a minute while inhaling through your nose. You'll find out pretty soon.

I am allergic to cats and it sucks, because I really adore them. The strange thing is that I wasn't allergic to cats when I was a kid, it started in my mid-teens i think when my sister bought a cat and afterwards I became allergic to ALL cats. I'm fine with dogs though.

I'd love to have a pet cat one day, would it be wise/safe to keep taking allergy medication 24/7 just to own a pet?

fart

Savant
-clean the house
-with a serious ****ing vacuum and so on
-regularly. once a week at least
-clean EVERYWHERE
-no, seriously.

-two medications are typically used
-nasal sprays -- prescription only. won't help rashes
-antihistamines -- claritin. buy at costco in bulk

the obvious: if you think you're allergic to cats and you have 3 cats, maybe you should consider not having 3 cats for a while.

also, wash your hands/arms/face/etc everytime you come in contact with the cats.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Also keep in mind that if you have a reaction while not medicated and controlling it is more important than staying awake, benadryl is the most effective antihistamine, but like I said, it comes with a huge sedative side effect.

Anyway, I'm allergic enough to cats that simply being in a cat owner's house while the cats themselves are away is enough to set me off. It sucks.

fart

Savant
taking benadryl to control environmental allergies is basically equivalent to knocking yourself out with a hammer to the head everytime you feel a bit peckish.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Sorry, I meant to reply to some other topic but my touchpad went mental and I clicked on Hamburglers tag instead, and didn't think twice before replying.

FUCK!

Don't kill me mods, I didn't mean to bump this super old thread.

PS: I hate clickable tags.

Prez

I guess no one else saw what he posted before the edit?

Probably this post he wrote a minute later in what I assume is the thread he intended to post in:

I HATE it when people say pussy instead of coward. FREAKIN' DESPISE IT! Don't hate anything more than that and I'd like to do extremely horrible things to the person who thought it'd be an awesome idea to replace the word coward with pussy. MAN!!!

That being said I have no problem using words like cunt and cock teasingly, I do that with some of my (very close) friends all the time.

Az987

all good things
Sorry. She

No it wasn't bad i think it was meant for the gender bad word post though.

Edit: Yeah that one.

I figured I'd use this thread to ask (since I purposefully bumped this thread of course) can cat dander get into ventilation systems in an apartment and cause allergy problems when the central air is turned on even when the rest of the apartment has been cleaned? I wake up with nasal irritation when the air is on over the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom