• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony adds PayPal as a payment method for PSN

After the Fifa Xbox Live! thing and then the PSN network hack, I am only using those PSN cards or a pre-paid card. Not worth the trouble. Nothing happened from Xbox Live! other than them charging me for a year of xbox live after my old card expired and holding my Live account hostage unless I paid $60 for another year of xbox live (finally got it sorted out, but still it took awhile, and all that effort). And PSN I am not sure about.... I had some weird purchases on my card around Easter when that happened, so I am not going to blame anyone, but it was a pretty timely incident.

Aru

When I try to use Paypal to add funds to my US account, I'm redirected to another page after clicking on the Continue button. The new page says "Choose one of the following payment methods:" but nothing appears. Any workaround ?

jwk94

I"ve been using CC to add funds to my PSN since you can just delete the info when you want from the account management page. However, this does seem rather interesting. Is there a way to set it up so it functions like it would if I had my CC directly on the Ps3/Vita? As in it automatically takes funds from my CC through PayPal upon checkout.

Ravage

When I try to use Paypal to add funds to my US account, I'm redirected to another page after clicking on the Continue button. The new page says "Choose one of the following payment methods:" but nothing appears. Any workaround ?

Same here :/

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I"ve been using CC to add funds to my PSN since you can just delete the info when you want from the account management page. However, this does seem rather interesting. Is there a way to set it up so it functions like it would if I had my CC directly on the Ps3/Vita? As in it automatically takes funds from my CC through PayPal upon checkout.
Not at the moment. Their Android services do allow it, but it doesn't look like they've gotten around to updating the PS Store to add the option.

Top Off Your Sony Entertainment Network Wallet With PayPal

Many of you have been asking for it, so we’re happy to announce that you can now add funds to your Sony Entertainment Network wallet by using PayPal.

Your wallet can be used to purchase games from PlayStation Store, movies and TV episodes from the Video Unlimited service, subscriptions to the Music Unlimited service, and more.

Adding funds to your wallet through PayPal is easy. Just sign into your Sony Entertainment Network account, select “Add Funds” then “PayPal” and transfer any amount from $5 to $150 to your wallet. You can also add funds to your wallet from PayPal on your Android device via the Music Unlimited, Video Unlimited or PS Mobile applications. First, select “Account” and “Wallet,” then “Add Funds to Wallet” and the “PayPal” option.

Now that it’s easier to fund your wallet, what game, movie or TV show are you going to buy first? Let us know!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It works, was able to load funds to my US account from the Philippines.

Oh wow, so that means I can use my credit card to load my US PSN account now via PayPal?

Chris_C

Really? Also in the PI, tried to add funds but after being told I was being taken to an external processor (PayPal) it said, please choose a payment option below... there were no options.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Really? Also in the PI, tried to add funds but after being told I was being taken to an external processor (PayPal) it said, please choose a payment option below... there were no options.
It could be down at the moment. I'm in the US and I'm getting the same blank screen.

vall03

no more buying of cards from Datablitz! yes! Also, we can only use PayPal through the SEN site right? Hope they put the option on PS3 and Vita storefronts, and then add the feature to load exact amounts.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
BOO. Looks like PCGameSupply will keep getting my business. Even with their activation code it's still considerably cheaper than AU PSN.

Netto-kun

I tried to add $5 to my US account on Saturday. Received an e-mail saying that I had to wait for merchant to process my payment. Checked my PayPal account today and saw this.

idRxr8NDjmuxU.jpg

So I guess it won't work for Europeans? Oh well, at least buying codes from Amazon is still works perfectly fine.

18-Volt

This is strange. When it was first announced I managed to load 10 dollars with my US paypal account (and bought Red Dead Revolver with it), now it doesn't work. It's down I guess.

So I guess it won't work for Europeans? Oh well, at least buying codes from Amazon is still works perfectly fine.

It DID work for us Europeans, I have loaded 10 dollars on Saturday too, it worked smoothly. It just doesn't work right now.

Shahed

I tried to add $5 to my US account on Saturday. Received an e-mail saying that I had to wait for merchant to process my payment. Checked my PayPal account today and saw this.

idRxr8NDjmuxU.jpg

Yeah i tried this initially for my US account. Didn't work so I just use Amazon instead

I just did it from Ottawa, Ontario and it worked like a charm... and it makes the Paypal charge in Canadian $$ (no larcenous exchange rate!). Thanks Sony, you done good...

Qvoth

Can someone who has a different paypal region account from their NA psn account confirm that both regions don't have to be the same to use this feature?

EDarkness

I'm in Japan and tried to use PayPal to add money to my U.S. Wallet and it also canceled. I guess back to PC Game Supply for me. :)

Aru

I've not completed a funding operation yet, but I've gotten to the Paypal confirm page (with the amount and my credit card number displayed) and it didn't seem to reject my non-US credit card. I will check for sure when I want to buy a game on PSN next time.

Top Bottom