• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Park Baseball 18 (OOTP18) - Official Thread and NeoGAF League

brentech

Wait a second, did this guy really just imply that I have the time to fish around the game and delete players at random?
I barely have time to manage my own team after running the daily sim.

ggdire.gif

Even Fausto Carmona...erm...Roberto Hernandez was still the same person playing the same position. I don't know how or why and I'm not going to imply intent. That said, there's definitely an issue.

Hate to do this, but I'm going to have to step down from the O's. The league file changing thing just calls too much into question to the point where it just won't be enjoyable anymore.

Good luck all.

First OOTP?

Ron Mexico

Wait a second, did this guy really just imply that I have the time to fish around the game and delete players at random?
I barely have time to manage my own team after running the daily sim.

ggdire.gif

No implications at all. Just saying the next time there was a talent change, anything that even seemed out of the ordinary, it just wouldn't feel right-- regardless of the true cause.

Been in leagues over the years that fell apart over similar issues.

But mostly, when things don't feel right (for whatever reason) it just wasn't going to be fun.

First OOTP?

2 was. Still have the CD. But that's beside the point. It might be nothing. But is what it is. I locked up Machado to a long-term deal so there's a foundation for whomever takes over and I didn't tank the team or the like. It's in an OK spot for the next owner.

brentech

Since it doesn't matter at this point, for anyone that would like to look into this matter any further, the player in question was Cuban FA named Luis Bello.

I was late to update the game yesterday, so the website is behind and still has him on there: http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/reports/news/html/players/player_40489.html
His only history is "1/26/2017 Entered the GAF Online Baseball League as a free agent from Cuba."

I did a player search in game and couldn't find him. Not sure if there is any other method, but it seems he just disappeared.

Anybody been checking out the real draft? The guy I took in the first round of our draft was the #1 pick!

Hunter Greene, who I picked at 1.4 went 1.2 to the Reds. Love that kid. He's both my highest-ceiling SP and my highest-ceiling SS. And the guy the Rays actually took at 1.4 (another potential 2-way guy), I picked at 1.31. Sadly was unable to sign him.

Hunter Greene, who I picked at 1.4 went 1.2 to the Reds. Love that kid. He's both my highest-ceiling SP and my highest-ceiling SS. And the guy the Rays actually took at 1.4, I picked at 1.31. Sadly was unable to sign him.

I wanted Hunter Greene but I had the 5th or 6th pick.

brentech

Oh yeah, we decided we will switch to 14 day sims when all the FAs rated over 50 by OSA Scouting have been signed, instead of doing it on a certain date. Just an FYI.

Lol someone quit over a 30 year old low ceiling Cuban

About time we had some real drama in GOBL.

Hell man, if I was giving a big contract to a low ceiling FA and they decided to go resign in Cuba or retire or get deleted or whatever I'd just say that the game was trying to save me from myself.

brentech

I just chalk it up to someone not really knowing me or what I'm about. Mostly likely was done with the league before that. I'm not sure what he wanted me to do, re-create the guy? I don't touch the back end. Ever.

Sim: 7 days
Date: Jan 15, 2018
Notes: 14 players over 50 OVR remaining in the FA pool.

brentech

Date: Jan 22, 2018

Not able to sign anyone this year, but managed to extend Andrew Miller, which was an owner goal. I guess that's a win.

Date: Jan 22, 2018

Not able to sign anyone this year, but managed to extend Andrew Miller, which was an owner goal. I guess that's a win.

I'm looking at my owner's goals and running my team in exactly the opposite direction. That idiot doesn't know shit.

I'm looking at my owner's goals and running my team in exactly the opposite direction. That idiot doesn't know shit.

Is there a benefit from achieving his goals? Like one of mine is to acquire a team leader. Aside from having a player with good leadership in the team does achieving the owners goal give you any other sort of bonus?

Is there a benefit from achieving his goals? Like one of mine is to acquire a team leader. Aside from having a player with good leadership in the team does achieving the owners goal give you any other sort of bonus?

I imagine a happier owner is looser with the purse strings, but I don't know. Considering the biggest incentive to not achieving the goals doesn't exist here, as you can't be fired, I don't feel particularly compelled to obey them. I mean, improve batting avg? Clearly not a very sabermetrically enlightened guy I'm working with here.

I loved running the Astros. Sure, we didn't have a ton of revenue, but the owner was chill. I had 'don't suck completely' and it was nice and relieving. Stuart Sternberg on the other hand is a tight-walleted dicknozzle. I mean, my budget was cut YOY, but I'm supposed to field a playoff team this year somehow.

norm9

Samir Duenez on KC who I drafted in the rule 5 is not on my roster? Why is that?

Darn. I just promoted him to Triple A recently too. Should have tried to figure out what the Rule 5 draft was all about. Oh well, he wasn't going to be a contributor for a few years anyways.

My scout's a punk. Had Rule 5 prospect Williams at a 74 POT at the draft. I get the guy, then he falls to 22 POT and the scout calls him garbage.

Padres front office is straight trash, and this is even improved trash over the real Padres since I fired all of them last season.

My scout's a punk. Had Rule 5 prospect Williams at a 74 POT at the draft. I get the guy, then he falls to 22 POT and the scout calls him garbage.

Padres front office is straight trash, and this is even improved trash over the real Padres since I fired all of them last season.

Aren't you glad you didn't trade for him, then?

brentech

Date: Feb 5, 2018
Notes: 9 players over 50 OVR remaining in the FA pool.

Garza to St. Louis
Kym to Seattle
Raburn to the Rays
Bruce to Cincinnati
Peralta to NYM
Cain to Texas
Watson to Phillies

Yah he wasn't as sure of a thing as the guy from Japan I signed in the last league so I peaced out after 22 ml a year. Surprised how much he got, but there was no real SP options this year besides him honestly.

Yamamoto was so insanely good. I hope Kym is close to as good.

Think I resolved my LF issue actually. We'll see.

C Austin Barnes is on the block if anybody has a decent trade, current players or minor league prospects in mind.

brentech

Date: Feb 12, 2018
Notes: Down to 7 players over 50 OVR remaining in the FA pool. Doesn't look like we're speeding up this offseason, as Spring Training is just around the corner.

Rommel

Date: Feb 12, 2018
Notes: Down to 7 players over 50 OVR remaining in the FA pool. Doesn't look like we're speeding up this offseason, as Spring Training is just around the corner.

Nice got Molina for a reasonable price. Will give my C's another year to develop while providing veteran leadership at the big show.

Curious to see if he can hit the 450 PA to vest his contract next year.

TRADE:

Los Angeles Dodgers send:
- SP Amani Abdullah (AA Tulsa Drillers)
- SP Hyun-jin Ryu
- RF Andrew Toles
- C Austin Barnes

Tampa Bay Rays send:
- SP Jake Odorizzi
- LF Mallex Smith

Top Bottom